Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, May-15-06, 19:19

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

LOL Shreen

NO you didn't and thanks for the compliment by the way. I just got tired of looking at my face and thought i'd change.....you know change being good for the soul.

You are sweet for thinking of me.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 01:07

Plan: Almost Atkins
Stats: 153/139/127 Female 5'4
BF:31.5%/29.8%/20%
Progress: 54%

just had my tablespoon of coconut oil.. ate it like that cuz it smelt so yummy, wasn't that bad, just swallowed it down.. now's hoping to seeing some results
  #168   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 13:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/142.0/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default A yummy coconut treat!

A yummy treat! I made some sugar free Chai Tea Mix (has 3carbs.) & put the coconut oil in it. It tastes very exotic... I've been having it everyday around 2:30 - 3:00pm helps with the afternoon energy "slump".
  #169   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 14:29

I didn't feel a difference with the coconut oil.. it was really easy to just swallow.. but now it's 4.30am and I gotta be up in 4 hours and I'm wondering if it's the coconut oil.. feeling really hungry too. or maybe it's just my screwed up sleeping cycle.
  #170   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 14:39

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustpuppy
I didn't feel a difference with the coconut oil.. it was really easy to just swallow.. but now it's 4.30am and I gotta be up in 4 hours and I'm wondering if it's the coconut oil.. feeling really hungry too. or maybe it's just my screwed up sleeping cycle.

Try taking the coconut oil early in the day. I generally try to take mine before breakfast or lunch. (I do snack here and there on coconut bark too, but usually not after dinner) Though I have not experienced the insomnia problem, I do feel like I have much more energy. Everyone is different though....
  #171   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 14:42

I took mine at 6pm! =p you think it'd have worn off by now.. =p

mm never tried bark, I do make coconut cookies thoh, with coconut milk and shredded coconut
  #172   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 18:40

BF:

i have to agree with profgumby

take in in the morning. i found if i had it around tea time i was too wound up.

i made a choc pot with it today. yummmmm melted some ccno and some lowcarb choc. mixed it then added some thick cream. mixed that and it turns into a mousse consistency. mmmmmm
  #173   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 19:26

hmm okae, I'll try take 2 spoonfuls of it in the morning instead then =)
  #174   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 19:28

Plan: South Beach-esque
Stats: 194/159/140 Female 5'3"
BF:34% / 28% / 20%
Progress: 65%

If this hasn't been mentioned - a tasty way to use raw coconutty coconut oil (like Nutiva brand) is to mix about equally with peanut butter using a spoon in a bowl. Then put in a little cream to make it not so thick and mix. Then spray some whipped cream into the bowl and gently fold together.
  #175   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 19:55

haha man I'd have to try that, since I do have organic no sugar peanut butter at home.. but no cravings just as yet.. just ate my 2 spoonfuls, gunna keep away from it later.. hmm
  #176   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 00:47

Plan: paleo
Stats: 160/160/150 Male 68 in
BF:
Progress:

if it causes your body temp to rise then you could potentially lose weight even though you are taking in extra calories

this is what I read that it does in some book
  #177   ^
Old Sun, May-28-06, 19:21

I tried the coconut oil n peanut butter....didn't realy care for it. Oh, it was not bad, just not what I was expecting I guess. To me the flavors kind of cancelled each other out and it was rather oily and bland.....but anyone reading this try it yourself and see what you think. Mix a teaspoon of each and see....

I found another great way to get some CO in the diet. If you are at a stage that allows this, toast half a LC bagel (or a slice of LC bread). Spread about a teaspoon and a half of CO on the hot bagel.

In the morning, shake on some cinnamon and some granular sweetner of choice and eat with your breakfast.

For lunch or dinner or a snack, spread some butter on the half of the toasted bagel, then spread about a teaspoon of CO over that. Shake on some onion powder, garlic powder,black pepper, basil and grated parmesan cheese. Makes a super awesome garlic toast to eat with dinner!

But I donot do this every day, and generally don't eat both halves of the bagel in the same day, or the same meal...generally.....

#178   ^
Old Sun, May-28-06, 20:33

Plan: South Beach-esque
Stats: 194/159/140 Female 5'3"
BF:34% / 28% / 20%
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfGumby
I tried the coconut oil n peanut butter....didn't realy care for it. Oh, it was not bad, just not what I was expecting I guess. To me the flavors kind of cancelled each other out and it was rather oily and bland.....but anyone reading this try it yourself and see what you think. Mix a teaspoon of each and see...

Hmm. It was tasty with the Nutiva coconut oil, to me... very distinct coconut-peanut-butter taste. (I added cream to thin it a bit and then folded it into Splenda-sweetened whipped cream to make a mousse... which is now a favorite snack.) By the way, if anybody's near a Trader Joe's, their peanut butter is the best I've ever had, and it's just peanuts, peanut oil and salt, purportedly.
  #179   ^
Old Sun, May-28-06, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
Hmm. It was tasty with the Nutiva coconut oil, to me... very distinct coconut-peanut-butter taste. (I added cream to thin it a bit and then folded it into Splenda-sweetened whipped cream to make a mousse... which is now a favorite snack.) By the way, if anybody's near a Trader Joe's, their peanut butter is the best I've ever had, and it's just peanuts, peanut oil and salt, purportedly.

You know what, I used coconut milk instead of cream.....I'll bet that is what upset the flavors and made it rather bland and weird tasting....I may try it again with heavy cream and I did not fold it into a mousse...so I kinda ate a representation of only part of the recipe....

See, I need to pay attention when I read...or actually print out the recipe before I make the sodding thing by memory......
  #180   ^
Old Sun, May-28-06, 22:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
By the way, if anybody's near a Trader Joe's, their peanut butter is the best I've ever had, and it's just peanuts, peanut oil and salt, purportedly.

I make my own peanut butter at my local health food store. They have a machine which crushes peanuts for you. No preservatives or additives. Tastes great too.