Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 23:21

Plan: Abravanel's Body type, GI
Stats: 148/144/133 Female 5ft 5"
BF:
Progress:
Talking Aussie Intro - not so brief!

Hello everyone. My name is Kerry and I live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

I have about 5kg I would like to shed, have managed to lose one and a bit over the last week or so. (I lost 5 or 6kg about 10 months ago and have been fairly stable in that time). My weight issues started with heart medication about 5 years ago when an increase in meds saw an increase of 10kg over a six month period. It has been hard to get rid of ever since! (I'm no longer on meds but have a pacemaker). I am 40 (female ) with one husband, 3 kids, two dogs, 1 cow with calf, 1 bull and one cockatiel.

I would dearly love to increase my energy levels in the process and feel better about myself in general. I have used the Body type diet before, and being a thyroid body type, the low carb high protein works for me. I may be opening a debate here but any recommendations on an eating program that isn't quite so restrictive I would appreciate! Point me in the right direction please!!!!! Yes I do also appreciate that some restriction is necessary! I look forward to reading a lot of posts, and hearing from everyone.

I have posted this intro on the main forum and on the Aussie one - don't know if that's good form or not? Sorry for the repeat if not, but figured everyone overseas was still in bed!

Thanks for reading. Cheers, Kerry.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-21-05, 17:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

The Atkins diet !

Seriously read the book, it has many stages.
Don't be put off by induction.

You don't have a 'great' amount of weight to loose 3.5 kilos left ? so you might be able to get by with higher than inductions carbs.

I eat ice cream (Peters carb smart), cereal (fibre X from empower foods), strawberries, chicken, salad etc all on the atkins diet.

Oh and I don't count any calories!

As you can see I can highly recommend the Atkins diet