Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 08:23

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 280/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking Meat & Egg Fast

Is there anyone else doing this at all?

I started it 2 days ago and when I weighed myself this morning I had lost 5 lbs so far. I will test myself with the test strips to see if I am back in ketosis. Even if I am I plan on staying with this fast for a few more days at the very least.

GQ
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 08:41

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%

GQeen..........
I did the egg, meat fast a few weeks ago and lost 13 lbs. in 7 days! It's a great way to get past a stall...much better than "refeeding" I think. I did it once(refeeding) and it worked, but then I did it again, and BOY did it backfire..lol. Good job!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/187/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default I almost made it!!

I gave it a try and then came down with bronchitis. I was pretty much living on cough drops so I gave up. I need to get going again as I have been in a stall since just before Christmas.
Wow, 13 pounds in 7 days!!! I could live with that!!

Karen in Tahoe
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 10:11
Twinkle Toes

Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:

So is that the only foods you eat...meat and eggs?

What about cheese?

I'm assuming no decaf coffee or SF pop either?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 11:24

Stats: 315/260/170 Female 5ft 7 inches
BF:48.1%/33%/25%
Progress: 38%

Well when I've did my meat/egg fasts, I guess I don't totally stick to just meat/eggs. I still have my coffee and my diet pop. Can't seem to get away from those for NOTHING!

Amanda
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 13:14

Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%
Default fasting

Kinda weird about not drinking diet pop or coffee/tea.

I killed Low Carb last week and gained 5 pounds. I started induction this past Monday but also excluded diet pop and nixed the advantage bars. I drank hot tea with cream/splenda and also unsweetened (home brewed) iced tea just with ice. As of this morning, I lost the 5 I gained and 2 more. I imagine just by eating eggs/meat with very few condiments you could lose greatly.

I usually have mayo/mustard with burgers and cheese/veggies with my scrambled eggs. However, just cooking eggs in a little butter/oil will lower overall calories as would skipping the mayo. If you use this logic, you could consume 500+ calories less per day. In addition, the the protein/fat of the meat and eggs would satiate your appetite immensely so you wouldn't crave much else. I had an omelette / bacon last night for dinner and I wasn't hungry until this morning.

This sounds so logical that come Monday, I will give it a shot. I know there is no special reason to wait until then but I always find it easier to start a routine at the beginning of my work week. It allows me to plan things out better and I always follow it better.

good luck.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 13:54

Plan: Atkins(Starting over)
Stats: 252/251/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 1%

How long can a person stay on this fast?
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 13:56

Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%
Default length

I don't think more thana week is advisable
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:00

BF:

I was only going to stay on it for 5 days, but I kept dropping lbs. every morning..lol...I couldn't bring myself to stop! So I decided to stay on it till the scale stayed the same next morning. On day 8 I didn't lose any more and I went and added back in my cheese and salsa and veggies and diet pop...and still losing now. I was very strict with the egg, meat fast. I about 6 eggs a day and plain meat...no veggies...chicken mostly...no seasonings, no nothing...just butter to fry my eggs...and drank only water. It's rather severe I know, but the weight comes off like you wouldn't believe, definitely breaks a stall..but I wouldn't recomend it for more than a week...gotta have those veggies..besides I was craving my cheese and salsa..lol...good luck!!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:04

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Melissa, what is "refeeding"?
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:16

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

Melissa: Did you eat canned tuna or canned salmon?
I eat chicken a lot, but I'm not really much of a hamburger, steak, (beef, I guess....) eater..
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:43

BF:

Refeeding is having a day or 2 of carbs..pretty much everything you're not allowed..something like high fat or low fat carbs,,I'm not sure,so don't quote me on that...I did it the FIRST time I tried atkins and I lost 3lbs. the week I did it( I ate icecream and chocolate, candy, bread..all the really BAD stuff.) It's supposed to kickstart your system again if you're stalled....but then I did it again this go around and gained 5lbs, so I wouldn't suggest it! I wish I had known about the meat, egg fast then. Live and learn!
I didn't eat tuna because I would have to put mayo in it, and I didn't have salmon(because I don't like it..lol) But that should be fine. I'll give you an example of what I ate that week that worked for me...now remember, it's pretty severe, that's why I won't recomend it for more than a week, ok?
Breakfast: 3 fried eggs in butter, 4 strips of bacon(make sure u get the 0 carb bacon)
Lunch: Hamburg pattie grilled in butter(or on the foreman) with strips of bacon on top, and 2 hard boiled eggs
Dinner: Chicken breast on the foreman and 2 scrambled eggs.
I drank only water, no pop at all.
That is what I ate for 7 days in a row. No mayo, no cheese,no veggies, no condiments whatsoever, except butter.
It sucks, you wanna barf when you look at eggs eventually..but like I said it's better than refeeding with carbs to stop your stall.
good luck!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 20:04

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 280/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:

I drink Diet Coke and I know plenty of people that drink coffee and it works for them. The big thing is to not go over 5 carbs is what they all say. But I lost 5 lbs after 2 days and I was at 6 carbs each day because I still would drink my unsweetened ice tea. But you can't eat cheese or anything else.

GQ
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 20:19

Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

Can you do this like every other day?? One day meat/eggs and next day salad?? i am very interested but I don't think I could handle or afford it!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 22:05

BF:

Puddypark....
I don't know if it would work every other day..give it a shot....I'm only going to do it when I hit a stall..but really, I didn't think I could handle it, but BELIEVE me..when you see it coming off so fast you WILL stick to it
As for being expensive, it's not really. You're still doing the same diet, except cutting out the veggies, cheese and other condiments...it should save you money!
Closed Thread