Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 13:21

Plan: Atkins/Meat&Egg
Stats: 250/246/165 Female 5'7 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Atkins Stall can be rectified........

Hey all. I have been doing atkins for over a year now, but stalled after 3 months and had gone up and down with the same 5 lbs over and over, but never loosing.I complained on here, and was given some great help, however, while searching thru the other threads I found someone on Meat and Egg who was loosing . I joined that forum and since Friday, has lost 6lbs. I have finally broken the stall. Its easy and it works.
I know there are lots of you who are stalled and need to break it for your sanity, so hop over to the challange thread and look under the meat and eggs challenge and read it. It will help you alot.
Some have choosen this as a life change, I however, believe in the atkins diet, so I am just using it as another tool in my continued WOL.
I hope this helps anyone who needs help in breaking their stall.Trust me, it works.....I am proof.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/215.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:yes indeedy
Progress: 15%

Will do! I've been stalled with the same up and down 3 lbs since the middle of January. Thanks for the tip!

--Becky
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 13:41

BF:
Default m&e link

Heres the link guys, make it easier to find.Good luck and keep us posted.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=290113
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 15:59

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Congratulations on getting things moving again, Diva!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 21:52
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi from a fellow Canuck.

First, let me put in the disclaimer that I'm not totally knocking the whole M&E thing. I think it makes a lot of sense for winter eating, when fresh local produce isn't available anyway. It mimics how our ancestors might have eaten.

However... I had a gander at your fitday and prior to Friday, your eating looked almost like maintenance eating. It looks like you had 7 Tbsps of creamy dressing on one day. Another day, I see a half cup of heavy cream, and a whole cup on another day. Your calories were 2400-ish. After Friday, they fell to 1500-ish.

I applaud you for working on stallbusters, but I think it's important to give credit where credit is due, and I'd have to guess that it's the lack cheese, heavy cream, cocoa powder and overall calories. Forgive me if your fitday was not a good example of what you were typically eating.

Before the existence of the phrase "meat and egg", what was often recommended 'round here was Atkins KIS, which is a strict, clean plan of eggs, unprocessed meats, fats, and LC veggies only - no artificial sweeteners, no dairy, no processed meats, no frankenfoods, not even canned meats or veggies, if you wanted to take it that far. I think anyone in a stall should give this a shot first, to clean up their eating. Vegetables never made anybody fat. It seems that the longest-term M&E-ers are folks who are unusually carb-intolerant, have bowel issues, etc.

I agree with you that it's all about tools, and shaking it up every now and then.

Best of luck on your journey.

Last edited by Kristine : Wed, Feb-21-07 at 22:07.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 10:47

BF:

Sorry, not sure what the point of your comment was as this is a support forum, and after being on meat and eggs I have lost 6lbs........thats all I stated.
As far as my fitday goes, that was recently. I have been doing ATkins since last Febuary, so thats not an accurate overview of my doing atkins.
I have tried over and over to lower calories, up my exercise, drink more water and so forth, but with no avail.
I have been doing meat and eggs for 6 days, and lost 6lbs, so whatever you want to call it.......it works.Thats all I am trying to say here.

Good luck on your journey.Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 20:18

Stats: 252/198/190 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I lost 30 lbs in the first three months, then it took me 5 months to lose the next 25. I was pissed. I felt like I was suffering on a diet and I wasn't getting results. I was on a mission to find out why I was stalling. I found out.

When I was on induction for the first few months I didn't eat any sugar alcohols. None. Then I started adding them alittle at a time. I thought you could have them on Atkins. You can't.

Last week I decided to do everything I used to do, but drop sugar alcohols altogether. I still drink a cup of coffee with 5 packets of Splenda in the morning though. In the past week I have lost about 5 lbs. I have lost 2 lbs. since this morning.

I weigh 202lbs this evening. I want to break 200 lbs. for the first time in like 20 years so bad. The lowest I got was 200 lbs. on my digital scale.

If I stay away from sugar alcohols I think I may break 200 by Sunday. Wish me luck. Oh and let my mistake be your advantage.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 20:35

Plan: South Beach (was Atkins)
Stats: 150/141/125 Female 62 inches
BF:Apparently
Progress: 36%

If you can, skip the splenda too. I ordered sweetfree ( http://wwwsweetzfree.com ) but you just missed the window. It's sucralose with none of the fillers. I'm trying to drop the sugar alcohols too, but I chew gum and I don't have much of a choice. And quitting gum chewing for me would be as easy as quitting smoking. So I'm limiting myself to 5 sticks a day.

I'm with you guys here, I can't lose a damn thing. I lost the 10 lbs I gained in the last two months and then nothing. Seriously, I could weigh what I weigh now even if I ate carbs.

I had to edit this. Even though I'm not losing, I'm still a low carb girl because I feel so good on this diet. It's worth it for me to stay on it, I would just like to lose a bit quicker than one lb a month.

Last edited by NanAng : Thu, Feb-22-07 at 21:02.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 22:12
Registered Member

Stats: 190/140/145 Male 5'-5"
BF:
Progress: 111%

My first post! Meat and Eggs rocks!!! I have lost 50 pounds since November '06. I started in Nov on Atkins, eating the "approved" vegetables. I went from 190lbs. to 165lbs. in about 4 months then hit a stall (about a month without losing). I found this site after googling "low carb" and it took a few visits to the site to find the "tips and stalls" forum and then a couple more visits to find the "meat and egg" thread. What I liked about the thread was that members posted actual progress. So many of the other forums have loads of posts about people saying what their going to do or what their doing. That's nice and all, but I was looking for ideas... something that was proven to work. So... for those people that are just now find this site and forum...Meat and Eggs works! Both as a stall breaker AND as a Way of Eating. Good luck to all! Remember to take your vitamins and drink PLENTY of water.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 18:10

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 150/135/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

I posted in other areas about the Meat and Egg diet, but haven't gotten any replies. Anyway today is my first day during M&E, and don't get me wrong I love eggs, but I need to find other ways to eat eggs besides just scrambled. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 03:10
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Fried, deviled, poached, baked, soft boiled, hard boiled, au gratin, omelet. There are a million and one different ways to prepare eggs!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 09:22

BF:

Today is my second day on M&E and I have have noticed that I am always hot, this is unusal for me because I am a "cold" people, where I am always chilly (i.e. I sit on my couch either with long sleeves or a blanket..this is w/ the a.c. on). I also feel nauseous. I have read that the nauseousness is normal, but so you think the heat thing is a fat burning thing or have I just lost my mind?
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 09:27

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

One thing I have noticed with me after being very worried about having those heat spikes followed by being quickly cold is that it was vastly reduced by drinking more water at regular interval throughout the day.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 16:53

BF:

Ok so today is my 2nd day on M&E, I have been hot and cold, nauseous and had a headache. I slipped a little today and had a few raspberries. I do have a sweet tooth that if I try to ignore I tend to then over-eat, so I have a sugar-free jello after dinner, do you think that will effect my results.
It is my 2nd day, but I don't want to get on the scale yet, because I don't want to be disappointed. I have been stalled for so long that I'm afraid that nothing will work for me.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 18:37
Paper beats rock?!?

Plan: Atkins! (Maintenance)
Stats: 178/147.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Kelly, your symptoms sound exactly like the ones I had during induction flu! Is it possible you had slipped out of ketosis without realizing it, and now your body is switching back over?