Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 15:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/221.5/160 Female 5'7"
BF:44%
Progress: 23%
Wink

Hi Everybuddy!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Linda - Thanks for the compliment. Baby Kate is the light of my life. I get really upset with myself when I think back on how distressed I felt when I found out I was pregnant with her. God knew what he was doing. She is the best baby & her brother and sister lover her!
Thinking of something that you can snack on...do you want to incorporate the pecans? I have a couple of recipes you could try. Have you tried the mock danish? Or making your own low carb chocolate peanut butter treats? Let me know if you want the recipes.

Randisue - I looked at your pic on your profile and you look SO familiar. Girl, it doesn't matter how we put the weight on just that we are determined together to get it off! I have the walk away the pounds tapes too. I love Leslie. She has the sweetest spirit. I was doing the tapes 3 times a week and then I was having trouble with my feet and knees so I stopped but I need to start up again. We should challenge each other.

Beach - Nice to meet ya! You have done to well on your weight loss journey to start fooling around now! Get back on the wagon there are too many yummy things that we CAN eat to cheat. At least that is what I tell myself. LOL!

Dawn - I had a c-section with my first baby. I remember it just took me so long to feel human again. I think that you are doing great. I keep telling myself I am going to walk everyday but I am lucky if I do it twice a week. I got on this mid-evil torture machine at the YMCA last week called an Eliptical. I stayed on it 5 minutes and I thought I was going to die. Sad......So you already have a healthy attitude about exercise and that is great.

I had a pretty good Labor Day weekend I went to Charlotte to visit my sister. I stayed legal and I am done with induction but I am going to stay at about 20 carbs for another week or so.

Sorry for writing a book but I just wanted to address everybody.

Hugs,
Manya

Last edited by Manya : Tue, Sep-02-03 at 16:00.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 17:20

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

Hi everyone...
And YES Manya! I need to get back on the wagon. I did really well today...then when I got home...I lost it. Ended up eating *whispering Nachos with the family and then followed that with a low-carb ice cream and a no-carb pecan cluster..

HELP!!!!!!!! I usually take everything in stride and see the sense of humor in almost EVERYTHING...this time...this ain't funny!
  #153   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 09:24
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Don't worry, Beach. You CAN do this, ok? We're here to help you!
  #154   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 12:40

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Everyone!

Beach: Is there anything that we can do to support you? I'm sure that once you get going again, you'll be fine. We're here, let us know what we can do....

With that said: I blew it yesterday, too! Had some Cinnabun popcorn to finish. Like Beach, I can't stand the depression I get from the glut of carbs. So I'm finally on track today and realize I don't have the luxury of eating any other way.

I read another Randi's (RandiS from this board) stats the other day. She is a lot like me. But she stuck with the WOL and has lost like 100 pounds. I've realized that could have been me if I would not have chosen to cheat and cut corners. I'm not beating myself up - but psyching myself up. If I stick with this, I too, can get off the extra weight and look and feel terrific.

How that I think of it, Kristy's stats are encouraging, too. She's stuck with it and made a nice, steady progress. Keep up the great work, Kristy.
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 13:00

Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%

Hey I've been registered with this forum for almost a year...how come I never saw this thread? lol

Anyway, I'm in NC too...Chapel Hill/Durham. Live in CHH, work in Durham.

Hello neighbors!
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 13:30

BF:

HI YankinNC: Welcome! I'm a Yankee too. From the St. Paul area of Minnesota and most recently moved from the Eau Claire area of Wisconsin. How about you? DH and I just love NC, although we are quite ready for some cooler weather - out of the 80s would be nice.

I've been determined to keep my midwestern accent. However we met our DD and friends in SC over the weekend. They told us how I already have a bit of a southern accent.
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 13:31
Fit and Happy

Hi Yank! *waving* Nice to have you join us.

Thanks, Randi. I've managed to stay on plan and not cheat since I began Atkins on July 1st...not that I haven't been tempted at times! I just know how much weight I have to lose yet and I'm in the mindset that the more I stick to plan, the better I'm going to do.

BTW, that popcorn sounds yummy!
  #158   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 07:05

Plan: no/low sugar
Stats: 265/216/? Female 5'3"
BF:too much
Progress:

Welcome Yank! The more the merrier!

Manya- I would love those recipes, if it isn't too much trouble.

I had some whole wheat spagetti noodles last night for the 1st time by Hobson Mills. Different tasting from regular ...DH asked if there was anything wrong with them cause they were brown. I said...get used to it--no more white! Then I had a piece of garlic texas toast...opps, there IS a hole in that wagon floor. (sitting on the front seat of the wagon now) Oh well...things happen ...moving on. Going to be working on learning my photo software today and have to make my 5 day supply of dogfood.

Ladies..y'all have a great day! Linda
  #159   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 15:55

Just dropped in to say "Hey Ya'll!" Haven't started back on my diet yet. I do really good during the day...and when I get home...all heck flies loose! I eat while I cook. (and not pork rinds) (eeeeeeeeeek)

I HAVE to get motivated...I CAN NOT gain this weight back!!

Hope ya'll are having a good Monday...oops...it's Thursday....whew...thank goodness!

Take care!
Beach
  #160   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 07:04

Stats: 240/221.5/160 Female 5'7"
BF:44%
Progress: 23%

Beach - Hey! I am going to try and help. This weekend make a list of legal foods. Prepare your own stash. Make sure there are plenty of things you can snack on while cooking that will keep you from eating the wrong things. Boil some eggs, make up some chicken salad or tuna salad, dip some celery in some ranch or blue cheese dressing, make some chicken wings this weekend and then you can warm them up in the microwave. Eat some cream cheese with a little peanut butter and splenda, drink a diet coke or some SF crystal lite. Keep some snacks in the car so you can have something on the way home so you won't be so famished by dinner time. You will be in control! You know these things already I am sure!! You are doing SO GREAT!!
(((((((HUGS!)))))))))

Linda - I will compile a few recipes and email them to you. I need to pay some bills and balance the checkbook first...not my favorite things to do.

Hugs to all!!!

Manya

P.S. How do I insert all the cute smilies on my post?
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 07:18

Plan: no/low sugar
Stats: 265/216/? Female 5'3"
BF:too much
Progress:

Come on Beach...we will hold each other on the wagon.

Manya..looking forward to the recipes. Good tips on snackfood. But the peanut butter and cream cheese together (grimmace)...I don't know if I am brave enough for that one....

You have to be in advanced mode to use the smileys.

Rain finally..really needed it..hope we get more!

Y'all have a great weekend! Linda
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 20:38
Fit and Happy

Manya, hit the "reply" button instead of typing in the quick reply box and the smileys will be on your left.

I'm not so sure about pb and cream cheese together, either LOL!
  #163   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 05:27

BF:

Good morning all!

I have good news. I've been doing great, and went I got back on the wagon on Wed the scales hit 241.5. By this AM I got back to 234. That's really about the lowest I was at before my HC departure.

The great thing is that I know I'm eating higher carbs. But I'm not eating splenda. Did use DaVinchis one time each day though. But I've been eating extra vegatables (lots of fresh green beans and and a whole cucumber in cream at one meal)and lovin' it.

We're off to see our young friend at his group home. It's his birthday today, so we're going out for eats, Bass Pro Shop in Concord, and hanging out.

Have a great day everyone.

Mayna: Loved your snack ideas. I'm sure you don't get bored with your eating, do you!
  #164   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 07:18

Great Job Randisue!!

I am going to Concord Mills today too! Maybe I will see you there! (wait...I don't know what you look like...hum?) (But if you see me...just come by and say HEY!)

Anyways...thanks for all the support and ideas from everyone. I haven't started back yet, but I haven't gone "hog wild" (hum...I can have hogs...) ok, I haven't gone "carb wild" either. I have all of my "stuff" to get started...it's just a matter of GETTING STARTED!

I hope you all have an awesome weekend...it supposed to be GORGEOUS here!

Take care,
Love,
Beach
  #165   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 07:24

Manya...just a question...
I was looking at your profile and I noticed your Yahoo ID was poohtynker....are you a Pooh fan?

Lordy knows I am! I love almost anything (old school) Disney and the Beach. Dang, I am an easy to please kind of woman!