Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 18:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/182/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Seriously considering switching...

from Atkins to PP... I've not been able to find the book yet in the bookstore here, but I'm going out of town tomorrow so I'll look there as well. I don't want to switch plans without reading anything more than the forums... I like to read and be informed as much as possible... but what I've read here has intrigued me A LOT!

I've been doing Atkins for the second time, and have only lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks. It's also my TOM so that's not helping. I work out at the gym 6 days a week, cardio everyday and strength training on alternate days. I think I'm holding on to my "fat" because my body feels it needs it on Atkins.

I'm hoping that once I make the switch over, I'll get the results I"ve been looking for. When I did Atkins the first time, over a year ago, I lost 14 pounds in the two weeks of induction. And I didn't commit to any excercise... the pounds just kind of slid off... now it's so darned hard to make that scale move! I was 204 pounds last year when I started, quit and stayed at about 191 and am currently at 185, looking to get to 160. I'd be a very happy size 10/12. I don't have a tremendous amount of weight to lose, but some progress will be a welcome sight!

I'm looking forward to reading your success stories about the switch from Atkins to PP....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 18:20

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Here's a good place to start your research: http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...lans/index.html

It's a plan comparison. Just click on the name of the plan you're interested in, and it will link you to more information. I think these are written by forum members, though I'm not sure.

Why don't you join us over in the Java Room? It's the sticky at the top of the Protein Power forum. Lots of friendly folks always ready to help out.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 16:04

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

PP differs from Atkins mostly in the early phases. PP allows you 10g of healthy carbs/meal, up to 40 g/day. During Atkins induction, it's 20 g of carbs per day to kick start your body's process of switching its primary fuel from carbs to fat. After that, the plans start to look very similar.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 16:12

Plan: Atkins all the way!
Stats: 192.8/181.2/150 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by acohn
PP differs from Atkins mostly in the early phases. PP allows you 10g of healthy carbs/meal, up to 40 g/day. During Atkins induction, it's 20 g of carbs per day to kick start your body's process of switching its primary fuel from carbs to fat. After that, the plans start to look very similar.

Ditto...it is basically the same plan, you just start out with a few more carbs in the beginning.