Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 19:02
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Staying Power : Maintaining Your Low-Carb Weight Loss for Good

Anybody bought this new book by the Eades'?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 19:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 250/190/185 Male 6' 1"
BF:30+/16/15
Progress: 92%

It hasn't been released yet, but when it is I will be reading it for sure.

I understand there is another Eades book coming out later in the year which I believe will be looking at the new science and research which has been done since PPLP was released.

There is a new Eades website coming soon as well.

This is from Mary (cut and paste from the PP forum);

"Dr. Mary Dan Eades, Friday, April 22, 2005 12:31 PM]
Dear Gabe--

Thanks for the good words. I hope that at some point,the show will air in your area, too. Call your local PBS affiliate and threaten to picket them! (Just kidding)

Yes, the new website is finally under active reconstruction and the board will indeed be an integral part of it when it gets back up by June 2. Unfortunately, Eric is swamped with other projects and so we've hired a new web design and management team (Hover Studios) to refurbish the site and keep it going. I will ask the main guy there, Thomas Tucker, to look into the board's problems and we'll see what we have to do to fix it. The new site will also have blogs from me and from Mike incorporated into it to make it easier for us to communicate with the site's visitors regularly and give us an easy venue to expound upon what's new and exciting in the nutritional world--and elsewhere--and that will keep the site informational and fresh.

As to the other question from the board, we are unable to mention the PP website, because of PBS's rules on what you can and can't say on air or even put on in the credits at the end of the show. They permit us to display the program's website, www.lowcarbcookworx.com , but not mention it. For instance, we can't say during the program "you'll find these recipes or this information on our website" because they view that as advertising during the show which is frowned upon. The show and website for the show are owned by a production company which we do not control; they have agreed that we can link from the show's website to the PP website, so people will be able to get into the bulletin board that way eventually. There's no reason to have that link up yet, because the main PP site isn't back up yet.

I hope this helps. Tell the board to keep the faith. We'll be back on air in a better way very soon. Also, tell them our newest book, Staying Power: Maintaining Your Low Carb Weight Loss For Good, is due out May 9. We should also have a Low Carb CookwoRx Cookbook in stores next fall.

Thanks,

MD Eades "

Cheers,

Malcolm
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 20:01
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

It is on Amazon, they sent me an emailing suggesting it. It says it came out Apr 15.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...4103816-4155254
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 21:04

Stats: 250/190/185 Male 6' 1"
BF:30+/16/15
Progress: 92%

Yes I have seen the Amazon listing but I understand it is still a week or two away. Anyway I am looking forward to this book and the one following (there is a new cookbook as well) plus the long awaited new site.

Cheers,

Malcolm
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 15:47

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Cool! I can't wait to read it. Please let us know what you think about it
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 02:45
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

I just ordered it from Amazon, so it is definitly out. I will let you know.