Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 12:05

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default breakdown on fat/carbs/protein

Hi All! ..I've been following PP now for about 2 weeks. I think I'm still having trouble lowering my fat (from Atkins) so I can up the carbs and still lose. Can any of you please give me a good 'goal' for fat g per day? My carb range is currently 30-50g, and my protein is usually 100-120g/day. I DO feel better upping my carbs, and I was VERY unsuccessful at losing w/Atkins induction levels. But, I am afraid that keeping fat too high (which = more calories too!) won't help.

thanks in advance for your advice!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 19:07

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

With LC eating, you don't need to worry about the fat being too high. Usually. My percentages always work out to be around 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% ECC (carbs minus fiber). My protein intake is usually around 110 - 120 grams, so I'm getting a bunch of fat in my diet. I probably average around 1400 - 1500 calories per day.

That said, everyone is different.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 09:52

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i try not to worry about fat either. i pay attention to the carbs and calories and let the fat come in wherever it wants.....

i figure the less i have to "figure" the easier it will be for me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 16:05

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Glad I found this thread. I'm looking at switching to PP and was concerned about the fat intake myself. I love the benefits of coconut oil so I've been incorporating the recommended 3 1/2 tbsp a day (with no other fats other than a tbsp of olive oil and what's in the meat that I eat - which shouldn't be much since I tend to go for the leaner cuts of poultry and meat) and I don't want to give that up on PP. BawdyWench, your stats are similar to what I'm getting now - 75% fat/20% protien/5% carbs. However, I'm eating less protien than I would on PP (around 65 gr as opposed to the minimum 72 gr that I figured out on the PP calculations and probably a little more than that because I want to incorporate some snacks) and my carbs are much lower than what PP suggests for the first phase (I'm at about 14-18 gr of carbs per day as opposed to the 30).

So I might have to negotiate with the fat in order to incorporate the higher carbs? Or will the extra protien bring down the ratio of fat/protien? I'm at about 1300 calories right now, so I think I'd be able to add the extra protien without worrying too much...

Guess I'll have to experiment and see .

Tam