Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 18:11

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%
Default Anyone From Kansas City, MO/KS

Hello All!

I'm looking for anyone from my area, Kansas City. Especially trying to find out if anyone knows where to get low carb products like whole wheat tortillas, KETO products, etc... in this area ( know where to find them online.)

Would love to chat with people from this area as well...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 06:56

Plan: general
Stats: 247/200/180
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm not from there yet, but will be by the end of next week! I'm moving from Michigan. However;

My parents are from there and we have visited often (especially in the last six months!)

I like the health food store across from Price Chopper on 291. (sorry don't remember the cross street right of the top of my head!). I went in there and they had lots of low-carb products for a very reasonable price. I'm gonna go back when I get there!

Hope this helps, would love to chat with you!

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 10:00

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

Hello Amy,

It is so nice to hear from you and that you will moving my way! Have a good trip!

I think I can picture where the health food store is that you are talking about, maybe called Mother Nature? Bayberry cross street? I will look into it. Thanks.

Would love to chat with you sometime or can talk in my journal, either one. Talk to you soon!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 20:58

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 213/204/145 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Amy,

I'm from Kansas City. It's so good to talk with someone
from here. This forum has been very helpful. My daughter and I are both on Adkins. The Price Chopper on Vivian Rd (north) carries several lc products such as bagels (plain are very good) and also lc tortilla's. GNC at the Antioch Mall also carries several of the lc products. Good luck on this WOL and hope you find the products your looking for.

Theresa

Last edited by simplyput2 : Fri, Jul-25-03 at 21:03.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 07:26

Plan: atkins (basically)
Stats: 411/379/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Cool Kansas City

You didn't specify in which area (NSWE)? I know of a great one in Overland Park. By SAMS Club catty-corner(sp?) from Oak Park Mall. In the same strip area as AppleBee's. Called Emerald Forest. Also for ice cream the Walmarts with the grocery stores (one on Shawnee Mission way west) and at Bannister sell both the LeCarb and Atkins Icecreams.
I've also seen some icecream at a few Price Choppers.

Hope this helps some.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 07:43

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 213/204/145 Female 5'2
BF:
Default LC products in Kansas City

Good Morning,

Webcrystal,

Could you tell what kind of store is Emerald Forest? Do they specialize
in nutritional products? Also, can anyone tell me if they have found
almound meal/flour. I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find it. I know I can make it on my own, but would really prefer to find it already done.

Thanks

Last edited by simplyput2 : Tue, Jul-29-03 at 09:45.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 11:36

Plan: atkins (basically)
Stats: 411/379/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Default emerald forest kansas city almond flour, etc.

sorry took me a while to get back to the forums.. kids and summer ya know
If you haven't been already Emerald Forest is a health food store who has really branched out into the low carb products - they do have other nutritional supplements as they are primarily a health food store.

They also have the almond flour pre-ground.

Hope this helps (if it hasn't been obe_.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 20:55

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 350/305/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello from Lenexa/Overland Park.

Emerald Forest is a great place to find things -- I love the Todd's Bagels they carry.

A store with a slightly smaller variety, but more discounted prices is Manna Nutrition -- its on 95th street in Overland Park, about a block west of Nall.

I discovered SAMS has Atkins shakes for 12 for around $20 - cheapest I've found.

You might check Food Bin on Shawnee Mission Parkway for almond flour -- they have all sorts of bulk stuff.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 19:40
Airy Cats Eyes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

Greetings from Roeland Park, KS
I understand the HyVee at Stateline & 127th has low carb tortillas. The HyVee in Mission has other Atkins products. The Hen House in Corinth Square has Endulge ice cream (Atkins)
Would anyone like to meet some time soon?
Eri Z
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 19:42
Airy Cats Eyes

Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

Oh one thing I wanted to mention was that Farm-to-Market bread (local KC bakery which supplies various stores in the area) has a low carb bread made from: chick pea flour [garbanzo bean], wheat gluten, wheat bran, yeast, sea salt and xanthan gum. It's got 6 carbs/slice minus 2 grams of fiber=4 grams. I got it for $3.49 for a half pound loaf.

Eri Z
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 21:43

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

There's a new store, Low Carb Superstore, on Vivion Road close to Riverside (but still in KC MO). They're a bit pricey, but they've got a lot of things I haven't been able to find elsewhere. A coworker told me that the Lee's Summit Price Chopper has an entire aisle of low-carb stuff, which I plan to check out ASAP. And the Wal-Mart up here (on Barry Road) has just started carrying quite a bit of low-carb stuff, including Mama Lupe's low-carb tortillas (best I've tried) and Carb Countdown (milk replacement - YUM).
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 16:39

Stats: 188/168/155 Male 5'6
BF:
Progress:

I just registered into this forum and noticed there have been some posts asking about where to find Low Carb products. Just FYI, but a place I found late last month that seems to have quite a few products is the KC Low Carb Supercenter. Their radio ad says close to 1500 products. Don't know if that is true, but they have more products there than I have found anywhere else. They are located at 119th and Quivira in Overland Park. I have not been able to find a web site for them, but an employee at the store said one was under construction. Just thought I'd get the word out. Lost 20 pounds since mid-October and going strong.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:47

Plan: south beach
Stats: 130/130/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default low carb kansas city bread

There are a couple of low carb stores in KC that i know about...

1. Low Carb Connection ~ 7068 W. 105th Street in Overland Park, KS
2. Low Carb Super Center ~ 11804 Quivira
3. Low Carb Super Store ~ 7207 W. 110th.

I also know that Hy-Vee's all have a health market that carry a lot of speical diet and low carb items.

And lastly, Farm to Market Bread Co. (a Kansas City artisian bakery) produces a delicious low carb bread (hummus bread) that is available at #1 and #2 from above plus all Hen House Markets and a handful of price choppers and hy-vee's.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 22:11

Stats: 290/230/150 Female 5 foot 8inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

hello,
My name is Mandy. I am new to the site..I live near by..about a 45 minute drive from KC. Wanting to make buddies on here for support on my diet. I have been on Atkins before...Bad slid for a couple of month, no i am looking to get back on track. Hoping to hear from you
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-07, 12:36

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 194/178/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Kansas City Suburb

I live in Grain Valley, but work in downtown KCMO. I like to shop at Nature's Pantry. It is near the Independence Center.