Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 22:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%
Default Another Turtle

Okay...I have dragged myself here...kicking and screaming the whole time... "BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE A TURTLE" All kidding aside this is were I need to be...

Here's my story in a nut shell. I started doing this WOL on Sept 29th this year. I did fantastic for the first 2 weeks...on CAD. I lost 8 lbs. Then NOTHING...(well not nothing...but very little) So I thought to myself..everyone seems to have such great success with Atkins...I will give that a go...so began induction....I did that for 2 weeks...and did cheat once..with a LC bar...and too many nuts. (That was last weekend) So...yesterday I weigh myself...and I am up...not 2 but 3 lbs...I was down to 228...and this morning I felt bigger still...(although I did not weigh)

So now I have tossed the Atkins...And am back to CAD. I am frustrated that the weight will not move quickly...but I love all the food I get on CAD...so even if it takes a life time...I will eventually get there. (and if not...at least I will feel healthy.)

So that is my story...
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 05:42

Stats: 155/143/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Cool to lilwannabe

Welcome to the Turtle Club. Let's hope we don't have to stay forever but you will get lot's of good encouragement here. I had to add two pounds back on my profile this morning. Bummer. My goal today is going to be NO nuts and NO pork rinds. Last night I grabbed a handful each time I walked into the kitchen....almost without thinking.
Good wishes for all of you today.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 22:10

Thankyou for the welcome...as you can see I really am a turtle...even slow with getting back to you on here. lol....Feeling thinner today...Will weigh on friday...if nothing has moved...I am just going to leave the stupid scale alone. I hope it does tho.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 22:37

Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Progress: 52%
Unhappy Backwards turtle

Sheesh! My turtle is walking backwards! I only lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks of induction, and today I gained one of them back. I know I'm not eating more than 20g of carbs/day, so I don't know what else to do.

Coquina
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 05:26

Stats: 155/143/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Yahoo

Hi guys! I was bummed because I had to add the last 3 lbs I lost back on yesterday morning. I was MAD, so last night I tried a new trick and it worked for me. I promised myself, no snacks.....all I had was half a can of beef consumme. It was rough, but I just watched tv, took a nap, watched more tv and didn't do anything but water. This morning the 3 lbs were gone plus one more! I feel like it's a battle. Me against the scale. Hope maybe this will work for some others.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 09:36

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Slowly, slowly, goes the turtle,
With a plod and not a hurtle.
Will the turtle quit the game?
No, she'll get there just the same!

For this particular turtle, emphasizing leaner meats and lower-fat, lower-calorie foods seems to help. I've described my latest 'tweak' in my journal, if anyone's interested. I'm still turtle-ing, but the last couple of weeks seem to have broken a three-month stall.

I've averaged 2-3 pounds a month since starting Atkins about a year ago, which is turtle-ish by any account, but since approaching 15 pounds to goal, it's slowed even further. As long as I get there eventually!

Rachel
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 11:34

Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default ups & downs

That nasty pound I gained back yesterday is gone again today. I think from now on I will ignore any weight gain unless it stays there for more than a day or two.

Rachel, did you only lose 2-3 lbs/month during induction, too? I could handle that if I thought I would eventually get somewhere near my goal in a year.

Coquina
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I'm in too. 4 pounds in a month and I started walking 30 minutes a day a month ago also. I hate the scale so much!! Every time I get on it it says the same stupid number!! How can I be working so hard and getting nowhere? Rachel, I've been wondering if I should cut back on the fat.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 20:49

Holly...congrats on losing the 3 plus one..yeah for you...it always feels good when that happens huh!

...I am hoping I will be down on friday too.
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 12:09

Weighed myself today, Back down to 228...I will take that and run...very happy about this loss. Now if I could just get below this..