Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 18:04

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 233/186/165 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Back with a vengence(sp?)

Hey all, my name is Chuck and I'm a little confused about whether or not I want to fully get on the low carb bandwagon again, let me explain: I have always been (to me) overweight, but then during my son's mom's pregnancy I ballooned up to 233lbs., my all time heaviest. Following our breakup I dedicated myself to low carbing it and even occasionally hitting the gym, although the gym component wasn't as stringent as the rest of my program. in maybe six months I went from that 233lbs at 33% bf to a low of 182 & 25%, and then I moved to the city, above a bar and only had my son halftime, and...yeah. Well, since moving to healthier environs I've trimmed that 217 I was upto down to between 183-186, but my scale is still telling me that I'm between 27.4 and 28.2% bodyfat. Really, anymore, I'm not overly concerned about the weight portion of it, and actually, despite doing the math and seeing that my lean body mass is only around 132 (I'm only 5'7"...5'8" on a good day )I'd actually prefer to be a bit heavier and strong. Ok, so anyway, here's what I've been doing and please anyone with any advice feel free to chime in. Most mornings I have either a half a cup of fiber one a half a cup of lowfat plain yogurt a quarter cup of either blueberries or raspberries and a scoop of protein powder, or else I have 1 whole eggs and 2 eggwhites with whatever veggies are around, trpically green chiles, onions and tomatoes, with a sprinkle of cheese and some garlic that I roast in the pan ahead of time. My lunches and dinners vary more, but're typically something like tortillaless taco salad or some of my pot roast (no flouring of the meat and tons of carrots, onions and celery, yummy). I practice martial arts for an hour a session, 6 sessions a week, and I'm trying to get in to the gym for more resistance training, as, like I said, at this point I would like to put on some muscle mass, while losing those last stubborn inches. I'm gonna go and cruise the forums, but any advice y'all would like to profer would be much appreciated
Oh, one more thing: Even though sizes vary from brand to brand, whereas I have been to the point where 36" waist jeans were tight on me, I just bought a pair of 32" waist jeans that fit me quite well (heh, although another manufacturer's 34" waist jeans were too tight to even contemplate wearing), matter of fact, maybe before I cruise the forums I'll go and put those on

Last edited by snatcherdo : Thu, Mar-05-09 at 18:26.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 20:26
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Just want to welcome you to the forums, Chuck! Nice to have you with us!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 07:38

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi there! Be sure to check out the exercise and gym forums, I think that you would find many interesting postings there.

Good luck to you!