Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 17:42
Registered Member

Plan: OMAD intermittent fasting
Stats: 200/173/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default No weigh!!

I generally avoid scales, as I become obsessed with the number and my whole state of being depends on what I see on the scale. So I don't own one and usually just go by how I feel and how things fit. I have been strictly low carb, intermittent fasting, one meal a day (23 hour fast/ 1 hour eating window) for about a month. I have been drinking apple cider vinegar, taking CLA, chromium, and Vitamin D3 supplements regularly. I have noticed a big decrease in belly fat, and my SO has commented on a decrease in my butt size which thrills him to no end. I have even noticed my face being more defined and my complexion being better. I feel so much better than I have in a long time and have been in ketosis for the whole month. I'm filling in at work at a different group home tonight and this one has a scale in the employee bathroom. I don't know why I felt compelled to weigh myself but I did today and it was a big mistake. I am up one pound! Of course that could always be time of day, food in my stomach, etc. but I still feel discouraged. I never should have gotten weighed!! I thought I was doing so much better. I feel and look about 10 pounds lighter. No more getting weighed until at least Thanksgiving!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 04:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Congratulations on your big decrease in belly fat...best thing you can do for your health. Good plan not to weigh or let this derail you. And as you realize, dont get on a scale that is not calibrated the same as previous scale, weigh at same time of day, with same clothes, etc...so many reasons. One idea, if you have been weighed at your doctors office, stop by and ask to check your weight yourself there.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 05:00

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

During a two year stretch in my weight loss journey I never once stepped on a scale, didn't even own one. I just stuck with the program. When I went to my doctor's for my "annual" physical (it had been 2 years since my last annual) I discovered that I had lost 30 pounds. Now 30 pounds in 24 months is not a large day by day or even month by month weight loss and I am sure that if I had charted my weight daily or weekly or maybe even monthly there would have been some gains as well as losses but clearly the overall trend was down. You are doing really well. The body changes you are noticing are real. Don't let the scale derail you. Your health is clearly improving.

Jean
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 05:36

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I went by pants. That's what I care about, not how much attraction the core of the earth is exerting upon my mass.

Also, remember that low carb makes us "denser" because it is muscle sparing. Fat takes up more space than muscle. I'm fitting into a size or two smaller than I used to at this weight.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 15:41

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Well, I went from a 44" waist to a 40" in about 3 weeks and I've lost about 25 pounds since then but have not lost even another inch on my waist.

As far as my belly fat goes, I lost a lot of that in the beginning too. A couple weeks ago I posted on the "Interesting Thoughts" thread, ( http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...68&page=2&pp=15 ) that I my belly was getting closer to going under the water when I take a bath and I've made zero progress since then

I don't know which is more frustrating, seeing results but not losing weight, or losing weight and not seeing any results!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 10:44

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonBill
Well, I went from a 44" waist to a 40" in about 3 weeks and I've lost about 25 pounds since then but have not lost even another inch on my waist.

OMG! Here's a kicker! I only got 2 pair of 40" figuring they would not fit for long. After losing weight every week and not losing any inches, this week for the first time I GAINED weight, but when I went to the store this morning wearing my 40"'s I kept having to pull them up because they are falling off!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 09:08

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Reset your head, man.

That's what happens when everything you are told about eating was wrong.