Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-11, 10:27

Plan: KetoGains
Stats: 226/145/170 Male 5' 7"
BF:Yes
Progress: 145%
Default Today I will eat Ice Cream

Lots of it. My excuse is I've done well, I deserve it, exercise plenty, really craving it. So I will do it. Hopefully it makes me feel sick and I don't do that again until next summer. I don't ever have cheat meals. On weekend's I will buy a bottle (either wine or whiskey) and have done so since I started this way of eating, so that is my cheat. But today I want ice cream and boy will I!!

Tomorrow I will pretend this never happened. Chorizo and eggs and tomato/serrano feta salad for breakfast, gym as usual.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-11, 11:50

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 218/175.4/113 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 41%

I'm not one who can cheat and easily recover. It always snowballs for me. Personally, if I was craving icecream I know it would be wisest for me to try to figure out a low carb alternative. As a matter of fact, I just saw someone post a super fast recipe for LC icecream in the sweet treats forum. My personal go-to icecream substitute is cottage cheese and frozen mixed berries in the food processor.

But, honestly, I'm not telling you not to have icecream. Everyone is different and has a different tolerance level for "cheats" ... I'm sure you know yourself best. I'd just hate to see you sabotage yourself when you're so close to goal!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-11, 15:57

Thanks MiniMim. I will look into a low-carb substitute for the future. I bought these presidents choice chocolate chunk cookies with chocolate ice cream in the middle, ate 3 of them, felt like poop and threw the rest in the garbage out of guilt. (as I knew I would). I've gotten it out of my system and start a fresh induction again tomorrow for 2 weeks and then move onto OWL.

This could serve as a fresh start, starting tomorrow I will log my food choices and find out exactly how much I am consuming regularly and start following atkins properly, I am pretty close to goal so it's time to see what my body can tolerate as I move forward! I won't let some ice cream and cookies destroy me! lol
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 08:05

BF:

Hope your first day post-ice cream and starting induction again goes well.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 06:10

Thanks! I have been on plan with no cheats (err I had poutine one time, one month in) since Feb.1st and I will admit yesterday I finally understood what 'cravings' are all about. It came at me hard! haha. But I stuck to my guns and ate low carb, only splurged with a couple extra squares of my Lindt 90% haha. Back on the wagon now, new goals ahead of me.

Excited/scared/nervous about moving onto OWL! I haven't weighed myself since cheat day...Think I will avoid it for my mental sanity this week.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 10:03

BF:

Wtg on fending off the cravings. Keep it up.

(What is poutine?)
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 12:25

Poutine is a Canadian mess of fries, gravy and cheese curds! A true no-no! lol
http://www.fritzeuropeanfryhouse.com/poutine.html
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 13:04

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Breyers has a great lc vanilla ice cream. when i have it i usually mix it up to change the flavors. so if i'm craving pistachio or almond ice cream then i add those nuts. or if i want chocolate i add herseys sugar free chocolate topping. you can always use all kinds of flavor extracts too or sf syrups. oh yeah, and sometimes i buy sf reeses or whatever kind of sf chocolate candy then i take and shave one of those pieces over the top of the ice cream or whipping cream.

i love heavy whipping cream too so i whip up a lc batch of whipping cream which lowers my consumption of the ice cream. so i usually do half ice cream topped with half whip cream and you can always find all kinds of lc toppings...berries, nuts, etc.

enjoy!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 20:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/253/190 Male 71 inces
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMim

(What is poutine?)

Poutine is one of the best mash up of food ever known to mankind!!! :P

The basic poutine is cheese curd with fries and gravy.
The cheese must melt on the fries. No pre-melting allowed. The fries must be sliced thick. Not like the dinky ones they have at Mc Donalds. These must be man sized fries.

Thats the basic but most will add more to the poutine such as bacon, red/green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. Your imagination is the limit.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Breyers has a great lc vanilla ice cream. when i have it i usually mix it up to change the flavors. so if i'm craving pistachio or almond ice cream then i add those nuts. or if i want chocolate i add herseys sugar free chocolate topping. you can always use all kinds of flavor extracts too or sf syrups. oh yeah, and sometimes i buy sf reeses or whatever kind of sf chocolate candy then i take and shave one of those pieces over the top of the ice cream or whipping cream.

i love heavy whipping cream too so i whip up a lc batch of whipping cream which lowers my consumption of the ice cream. so i usually do half ice cream topped with half whip cream and you can always find all kinds of lc toppings...berries, nuts, etc.

enjoy!

This could be gold, thanks! I buy heavy whipping cream to use in my soups, eggs, so I use like 4 tablespoons per day..do I just blend it or something with splenda? Hersheys sugar free?? oh boy I'm in trouble
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by deity_me
Poutine is one of the best mash up of food ever known to mankind!!! :P

The basic poutine is cheese curd with fries and gravy.
The cheese must melt on the fries. No pre-melting allowed. The fries must be sliced thick. Not like the dinky ones they have at Mc Donalds. These must be man sized fries.

Thats the basic but most will add more to the poutine such as bacon, red/green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. Your imagination is the limit.

This man knows his things!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 12:33

BF:

Oh good grief ... it's a good thing I don't live where they sell poutine or I'd weigh about 3 times what I already do. That is just wicked.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 12:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 205/188/175 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Anybody tried Clemmy's Ice Cream? http://www.clemmysicecream.com/
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 12:44

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiper
This could be gold, thanks! I buy heavy whipping cream to use in my soups, eggs, so I use like 4 tablespoons per day..do I just blend it or something with splenda? Hersheys sugar free?? oh boy I'm in trouble

i usually take a cup of heavy whip cream, with 4 pkgs of splenda, & a teaspoon of vanilla extract then whip into whipping cream. place it in a covered container and sit near the rear of the fridge so it stays stiff. do not place in freezer or it will just become very hard, the texture will change, & it will not be so pleasant. so to the back of the fridge it goes and when you're ready for a dollop on your ice cream or whatever then it's ready for you.

another good choice, but it isn't available right now is Nevada Manna which are the best lc chocolate chips in the world (no sugar alcohols) you won't even know they are lc, but they are not available right now. gotta wait for the weather to cool before the manufacturer will ship them. these can take the place of any chocolate and you can always melt them too to make a chocolate syrup topping, but gotta wait so in the meantime you can use the standby Hersey sf chocolate syrup if you wish.

you just have to use your imagination. i even have all kinds of neon food coloring just for funs sake. it's looks cool when i top one of my lc pecan shortbread cookies with a scoop of lc neon colored ice cream then top that with whipping cream and 1 shaved lc chocolate candy piece.

there's all kinds of fun to be had without even entering the high carb world.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 14:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 347/320/220 Male 6 foot 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 21%

First off, that poutine sounds amazing!

Secondly, I had ice cream last week actually and don't really feel the least bit guilty. I used to eat a couple of half gallons a week, so I am definitely an ice cream lover. When I would go to DQ, I qould get the biggest, baddest one they had. Last week, my wife and I split a small. It satisfied the urge, haven't had any cravings since, and I am pretty proud of myself. Best of all, I still posted a decent loss for the week.