Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 14:30

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Psst, hey old friends

Wanted to start a new thread to chat with buddies. I'm so behind on our last thread. I promise to go back and read but until then how are you guys??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 14:56

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Wanted to start a new thread to chat with buddies. I'm so behind on our last thread. I promise to go back and read but until then how are you guys??

Welcome back Kelleygirl!!! I've missed you terribly. I know LCJustin has, he's said as much. How was the trip? What are you up to? Tell me about you and the plan. Where are you with it? I have basically dropped out completely and am suffering in anquish trying to figure out how to get back on! How's the family?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 15:50

BF:

STARTINOVA!!! So happy to hear from you. How are you doing?? SO many questions. How's things with the BF? How's the job going??

I've been chatting a little with Justin. I'm so proud of him lossing 20 more pounds. He's doing great.

I on the other hand am going in the wrong dirrection. I'm up 10 pounds!! I called the diet center while on vacation. I didn't know how much I gained but I knew by the way my cloths fit that it wasn't going to be pretty.

HCG is tough but you see results quick. THe key is you can NOT cheat for three weeks. I had to get my head in the game but I am so there. Have you heard of the program before?? I start tomorrow.

SO I had a total blonde moment yesterday. I left my carry on at the hotel in South Carolina. Yep, makeup glasses, contact lenses as well as my jewlery. I didn't realize it until we were in the airplane. Thank God the hotel found it and are shipping it to me.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 21:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

welcome back kelleygirl!!

im so exhausted from work this evening. were on a deadline to redo a house and i went up and down the stairs so many times today...ugh lol

okay, you two aren't the only ones off the plan. ive been cheating for the past two days... we need to get motivated again. i finally got a copy of the new atkins book, im going to try to stay on induction for a while and see if it works.

goodnight friends, take care.
justin.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 21:49

BF:

Oh SURE!!! Throw me a bone then disapear Justin LOL. Tell me you're here then wooosh you're
Justin, what house are you redoing???

Startinova, what's happening??

Last edited by kelleygirl : Sat, Jul-09-11 at 19:33.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-11, 06:36

BF:

Sorry, I was just tired last night.

Yeah, I'm currently working for ''flipping'' this old house that's going to be put up for rent real soon. Yesterday we managed to rip out all of that ugly carpeting from the 70's. LOL Afterwards, we cleaned the entire basement waiting for the furnace technician to install a new unit.

Then we took down the entire kitchen, 60 year old cabinets with so many nails in them, it's unreal and was quiete the workout to take them out. Today or tomorrow we're goin to start taking out the floor in the kitchen, the floor boards are all rotten from water damage.

I'm going to wait for this house to be over before starting that workout DVD. It's hard to keep going on low carb when using a lot of energy in that house, yesterday I only had a small salad to last me for the entire day, I was starving last night and cheated.

Startinova, you can do it! We'll cheer you on once you give it another go!!

Have a great day girls! I'll try to sneak in on my blackberry later! :P
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-11, 09:33

BF:

Justin, that sounds like a great job. I bet it's exhausting but rewarding all at the same time. I would think you would need a lot of protein to handle the labor. It seems like you get a lot of excercise just by going to work.

Startinova, I'm startinova today....again. WHen you're ready we are here for you! But speaking personally you have to know when you hit the wall.

SO HAPPY TO CHAT WITH YOU GUYS!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-11, 15:30

BF:

Okay, I'm back from work and boy, what a long day.

I cheated again for lunch, I had subway. ugh lol I need to get back on the LC wagon. :P

How was your day Kelleygirl?

Startinova, where are ya?
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-11, 16:24

BF:

Hey guys! I had a great day. I went to the diet place. On a sad note they said I gained 13 pounds from last years weigh in. I had it at only 10...well nothing you can do but pick yourself up and start over again right.

I met with a counselor for my son who specializes in learning issues, ADD, depression, and anixety. I hope it will help him get ready for starting High school. I think it's going to help me LOL

SO I feel like I'm taking steps to get in control of my silly little life. Life is good.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-11, 16:24

BF:

I want Subway!!! An italin cold cut toasted with cheese...mmmmmmm
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-11, 20:59

BF:

Kelleygirl, 13 pounds still not that bad, you've got the chance to get back on track! Tomorrow I'm going to try to stick to low carb even when working in that house, it won't be easy but i'll manage!

It's a good thing for your son to see a counselor. I remember my days in high school, it was hell. LOL

NO MORE Subway for me, man was it ever good though. lol Sunday's my day off, I'm going to try out that exercise DVD that I got and see if it's any good.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-11, 08:39

BF:

I work on a lot of homes that are under construction. It's not always easy to eat LC when there is no refrigerator or microwave.

As you probably already know you have to plan ahead. I stock up on cheese sticks, nuts and hard boiled eggs. They are great quick shots of energy when you get physically tired.

I have the days off but just found out my husband is bringing someone home with him tonight. He's doing some work/golf thing. Now I have to clean booo hooo. Oh well guess it needed to be done and this will get me to do it.

Started my HCG loading today.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-11, 18:54

BF:

Quote:
I work on a lot of homes that are under construction. It's not always easy to eat LC when there is no refrigerator or microwave.

As you probably already know you have to plan ahead. I stock up on cheese sticks, nuts and hard boiled eggs. They are great quick shots of energy when you get physically tired.

I have the days off but just found out my husband is bringing someone home with him tonight. He's doing some work/golf thing. Now I have to clean booo hooo. Oh well guess it needed to be done and this will get me to do it.

Started my HCG loading today.

That's a great idea Kelleygirl! I need to quit the Subway and the other carbs while I'm ahead, I already gained 5lbs and been feeling sick. My body hates carbs now. LOL Tell your hubby to clean the house himself!

Ok, with all that aside... any plans for the summer?
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-11, 19:26

BF:

Where are you Startinova??? Nova just doesn't cut it. It's got to roll of the tung LOL

Ok, so here is my plans for the summer. I'm writing this thinking crap my computer is probably comprimised and this will bite me in the ass....here goes.....I have to stop drinking. I have become addicted to wine. So many bad things have happened to my marriage and my kids because of my husbands drinking. I started drinking wine to calm down and to deal with stress this year. I think I'm addicted. I'm doing the HCG diet and I have one more day then I'm going cold turkey. No more wine. I'm not sure if I can do it. It feels good to type it out loud. This is the root of my weight gain. I'm drinking and that is calories and sugar.

SO the needy b_tch that I was before on the forum is still here. I stoped posting because I feel like such a loser. I feel comfortable with you and Startinova. Silly????
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 08:20

BF:

Quote:
Where are you Startinova??? Nova just doesn't cut it. It's got to roll of the tung LOL

Ok, so here is my plans for the summer. I'm writing this thinking crap my computer is probably comprimised and this will bite me in the ass....here goes.....I have to stop drinking. I have become addicted to wine. So many bad things have happened to my marriage and my kids because of my husbands drinking. I started drinking wine to calm down and to deal with stress this year. I think I'm addicted. I'm doing the HCG diet and I have one more day then I'm going cold turkey. No more wine. I'm not sure if I can do it. It feels good to type it out loud. This is the root of my weight gain. I'm drinking and that is calories and sugar.

SO the needy b_tch that I was before on the forum is still here. I stoped posting because I feel like such a loser. I feel comfortable with you and Startinova. Silly????

You're nor needy or a loser, you're a fantastic person! I feel comfortable with you two as well! You girls are great!

It won't be easy to give up the wine but I'm here for you, it wasn't easy when I gave up alcohol,ugh I remember some nights I would drink a full case of 24 beers, it made me feel better. .. so I though anyway.. which in reality made things a hundred times worse!! Can you imagine all the carbs in those beers as well? OMG

I'm giving up the carbs again this morning, I've been feeling sick ever since I started eatings carbs again this week.