Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:53

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%
Default feeling blah

Well I managed to go all day yesterday without chocolate...but I'm afraid I did something just as bad (if not worse): I had a smoothie. I asked them to leave out the sherbet (!) and the banana, but that still means a giant cup of berries, juice, yogurt and soy protein. The juice is the worst part, of course. My weight is up a bit today. Of course, I'm also heading right into monthly water retention, so it is hard to say what it's from. I really hope that I get a big whoosh during that TOM, or I'm going to be rather confused and disappointed.

Also, my right elbow is killing me, so no weight training today. But there's always cardio, right??
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:08

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Other than the juice, that's not the worst choice you've ever made, Zandria. Applaud yourself for not having a King size Twix instead! Yogurt and berries are quite good for you, and you balanced out the carbs with protein. Not the best habit, but better than chocolate.

In each minute, there is always a fresh start.

#48   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/184/135
BF:way to much
Progress: 30%
Talking Joining you

Okay, I have been hanging around watching all of you join the march challenge and decided that I should get in there and stop being a lurker.

So......

Height: 5' 7"

Frame: medium (I think)

How long I've been LcIng: since Jan. 27th, 2003

Which plan : Atkins

Start Weight:

Current Weight : 190

Goal: 135

Bio: I am the mother of 4 daughters and the wife of 1. I work part time (very part time) and I go to school. I love spending time with my family, reading, scrapbooking, walking and enjoying the sunshine when it decides to come around.

March Goal: My goal for March is to lose 5 pounds and exercise at least 4 times per week.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:53

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

Don't worry about the smoothie Zandria . At least it wasn't a super size McDonald's chocolate shake.....mmmm.....Why'd I say that, now I want one! My TOM is leaving soon, maybe in 3-4 days.
I'm not sure because I stopped taking Birth Control. So it's au'natural now!!

Skamito - Are you going to NYU? My boyfriend went there for acting and I moved up there with some friends. I worked downtown at a Boxing Club. I kinda miss NY sometimes.
I'm with you on the no scale thing! Also no tape measurer for me!

Welcome Mommame!! Glad you joined us! Congrats on losing the 15 pounds!!

So far I'm doing good on sticking to my goals. Okay I'm going to do some yoga then hit the treadmill! See ya later Bikini Babes!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 19:25

Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default 4th Day Down!

Welcome mommame, younggal and gladehaven !

butrf1yb1u -you are so inspiring with you goal tracker report!

Skamito Wow I wish I could join you on hiding my scales for a month...but I just don't think I could handle it! Maybe I will try...I need to!

I have made it!! It seemed alittle harder today for some reason...
but i made it through!

Hope Everyone Is Doing Great!
Keep up the Great Work!
Julie
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 19:31

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Kaela ... no I'm not going to NYU, though MY boyfriend went to Tisch as well. He was in the screenwriting department. I'm jealous though... I didn't get in for acting. I went to a conservatory near Julliard (the pseudo, crappy Julliard) called The American Musical and Dramatic Academy. Now I'm finishing off my degree at The New School University, which is quite close to NYU.

Enough of my life story....

Went to the gym and kicked my butt into so high intensity interval cardio and then took a Pilates class. My "center" is gonna be FEELin' it tomorrow.

Good luck keepin sane during this continuing winter! Where IS spring?
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 20:27

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

Hey guys!!! I'm day four of no cheats!!!! Hooray! I almost lost it today but I just kept on driving by my favorite coffee place came to work and had a sugar free chai tea instead of the sugary ones I always buy. Saved myself 3.50 to!!! LOL.

I dunno about hiding the scale I may do it just cause I am losing more inches than weight (even though i am in induction???) I got mad at the scale this morning says I weighed the same (course this was right after i woke up). So I get in the shower and notice my fingers are a lot slimmer. Noted that face was slimmer last night. After shower and had my contacts in stepped on the scale and I had read it wrong, down three pounds!!!! and here I was getting ready to send the woosh fairy a lengthy nasty gram. ROFL.

Zandria, could have been worse. At least you had them leave out the banana and stuff. That's a step in the right direction!!!!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 20:45

Yeah, could have been worse. I'm not beating myself up too much about it. I hope to be able to have a smoothie once in a while without too much grief! But I should be staying away from it for now.

My right elbow is killing me because I tried to do some assisted dips on sunday. (If you don't know what that is, it is a machine that essentially takes weight OFF your body weight for you do dips). Anyway, I should have just stayed away from it. As a result, I couldn't do any upper body lifting today. I skipped the weights and did half an hour on a recumbant bike. So I've made my two times to the gym already this week! Everything else is a bonus! LOL
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 21:49

BF:
Progress:

Arg!!! Guys I'm at work and I think I'm gonna lose it. I went to go open my can of tuna for dinner and it had a strong smell to it. Went to take a bite and it was rotten! I had a small bag of peanuts from the vending machine, which now officially a. makes me over my carb limit and b. means I ate peanuts on induction. Grrrr. I called dbf to bring me something and he says "sorry can't help you" whatever lazy bum. Grrrr men. So now I feel like and absolute witch and I am starving which is not good!!! I have to deal with the public!!!! Grrr, just had to whine and get this off my chest!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 23:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

thanks for the welcome...I decided that starting tomorrow I am going to start on my walking goal. What I am going to do is walk 3 train stops to Subway, get a sald, then walk 3 trains stops back....My friends and I used to do that every other weekend when we went to go shopping....I wish the weather out here in NY was warmer though

I am not going to weigh myself until next Friday, weighing myself everyday just frustrates me...
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 23:31

1busymomma: I wouldn't worry too much about the peanuts. So it is OFFICIAL induction, so what?? It was one little thing, and not a bad thing at that. Just make sure you don't go crazy when you get home!
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 23:46

BF:
Progress:

Nope , caved at work. You don't want to know what I had either. Hunger got to bad. Arg. I'm at about 150 carbs for the day. Arg. I will start back tommorow and go all over again. AND I will bring plenty of snacks with me that I can eat so I am not tempted to cheat!!!! 1 day lost but I will have 30 good ones this month!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:48

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Check-in

Quote:
1 day lost but I will have 30 good ones this month!

Busy ....thats the attitude to have! Wish I was around last night when all this was going on. This is all a learning process, not about doing such and such plan perfect all of the time, but learning what works for you and finding how to incorporate it realistically into your lifestyle. That attitude of getting right back on track will bring you ultimate success in the end. Just wipe the slate clean and make the most of today.

Zandria ....hows the elbow? Hope its getting better.

Welcome Mommame ! So glad you came out of lurking and decided to join us. Good luck.

Angela ...if you continue the no scale for a month in April..I may join you then . I just started a new program and need to tweak it weekly so depending on my weekly weigh-ins for now for feedback. Keep us posted on the pilates! Ive been eyeing the Winsor at Target.

Julie ...you're doing so great...keep that determination up! Thanks for the compliment, altho my goal tracker report just seems overwhelming to me at times.

YoungGal ....good luck with day one of your walking..have fun!

Hope I got everyone....and finally lol..

My Goal Tracker Report ...took yesterday off from
exercise. Watched The Ring with the hubby.

Exercise Goal: 1000 Minutes
Completed: 160
Remaining: 840

Crunches Goal: 3000
Completed: 650
Remaining: 2350

Pushups Goal: 400
Completed: 52
Remaining: 348

Water Goal: 3100
Completed: 420
Remaining: 2680

4 cheat free SB days.....27 to go!

Have a Great Day everyone!
BB.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 10:01

Stats: 212/178.6/150 Female 63"
BF:47.5%/37.8%/27%
Talking Me too...what she said!

Hello..My first challenge...I think I need the kick in the butt right now! I also need to be accoountable to someone..anyone..LOL! My cakeday is tomorrow..oops..freudian slip? I will be so good starting Friday...I have had many dys where I don't eat enough or eat a couple of the wrong things! But I am still losing..so I need to riemind myself that I could really do go if I put more effort into it! I would really like to get my gout to be in more proportion to the rest of me..pants will fit better too...gee what a concept! So right now I have a

Bust measurement of 43"
Navel waist of 34"
Hips are about 39"

I have alwasy had a thick waist..and I have also consumed alot of sugar..hmmm... LOL...So I hope to bring the tum tum down to a respectable and do-able 32 by the last day of March! Would love to have the ta-tas down to 41 also! But need the booty...(Whats left of it). I also want to look dashing on the golf course! LOL I look forward to seeing you all lose! (incehs that is)...Glad you all are here! See you soon! ANITA
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 10:05

Stats: 212/178.6/150 Female 63"
BF:47.5%/37.8%/27%
Post TYPOS!

I just read the post I made...sorry for the mess...I need more coffee...Just needed to tell you that I DO NOT have GOUT! LOL...thast suppose to be GUT!!! The other errors are identifiable! Guess I should proofread..but I am so in a hurry...BYE!...ANITA