Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1081   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/130/125 Female 5ft 6''
BF:
Progress:

Thanks very much Barb. To answer your question about how my clothes fit, everything fits fine, I'm the same size top and bottom but I always have over-spillage at the tummy. If I go a size up the trousers/jeans are too big on the bum and hips. It's not a question of my musculature causing tightness on clothing I'm afraid! I'm starting to think I have an issue with water retention also. I begin the day feeling fairly trim and can fit into my clothes (belly and all) fairly alright. By the end of the day though I tend to look like someone spray-painted my clothes onto me in the midriff area. It's as if, as the day progresses my fat cells inflate and ''fill-up''. It's not a case of a solid tummy caused by bloatedness, rather the actual fat seems to become more prominent during the day-literally like a water cushion that gets inflated as the day goes on.
Oh well, maybe they'll take me in the circus, or in a lab somewhere. Thanks for your comments. Am off to check out that website.
Cheers!
B
Sponsored Links
  #1082   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 18:53
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Wow Barb-thank you so much for referring that site. I got an answer that made sense to me.
"Water retention can take many forms, such as swollen watery tissue or as an accumulation of fluids in the stomach, chest, lower body and in between joints. You might notice it in the form of fat that feels "squishy" or in the form of red stretch marks when waking up in the morning."
Thanks again!
  #1083   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 21:05

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Interesting, my thighs feel "squishy" sometimes...I wonder if that is water retention. There are so many things that make us crazy, it's nice to get an answer once in a while. I can relate, everyday I feel "heavier" at the end of the day than the beginning, I am sure that is water bloat. Which is why I only weigh in first thing in the morning! I figure if I feel fuller towards the end of the day, I naturally will eat less and that is good for my weight loss goals.
  #1084   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 16:56

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:

I can always tell if I have water retention, my feet are swoolen and very pink colored when I get up in the morning. It was painful this morning
My hands also swell, I sappose I probably swell all over, but those are the areas that I notice it in.
  #1085   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-10, 12:44

Plan: LC-Paleo
Stats: 152/122/115 Female 65in
BF:
Progress: 81%

Interesting thread, I think I too shall give this a try!
  #1086   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-10, 22:24

BF:

jenni, best to you and keep us posted with your progress!
  #1087   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-10, 07:42

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:

Carb cycling is working for me!! I'm excited, I lost 2lbs this week!

CactusRose, I weighed in again this morning, I had a hunch, I updated it in my Journal.
  #1088   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-10, 13:49
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi folks, I'm back (see earlier posts) and I've lost weight!! I think the key to carb cycling is time. I had to go to two/three carb cycles to see any results. It's really starting to kick in now and the pounds are starting to shift. I actually got a fright one morning when I looked in the mirror - several pounds had melted off, I was like 'what the....?!'. I had a definite, frightening, few days of bloating but at last my final few pounds are melting away, especially in my problem area around the stomach-score!!! Drink LOTS of water on your low carb days following your carb up, for me that was key. The weight loss was slow to get going until I began laking back the water.
Fantastic!!!

Last edited by bips77 : Sun, Aug-01-10 at 14:03.
  #1089   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-10, 22:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bips77
Hi folks, I'm back (see earlier posts) and I've lost weight!! I think the key to carb cycling is time. I had to go to two/three carb cycles to see any results. It's really starting to kick in now and the pounds are starting to shift. I actually got a fright one morning when I looked in the mirror - several pounds had melted off, I was like 'what the....?!'. I had a definite, frightening, few days of bloating but at last my final few pounds are melting away, especially in my problem area around the stomach-score!!! Drink LOTS of water on your low carb days following your carb up, for me that was key. The weight loss was slow to get going until I began laking back the water.
Fantastic!!!
So happy for you! Thanks for the tips too.
  #1090   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-10, 20:03

Plan: PP/modified atkins
Stats: 232/219/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default I jumping in too!

Hi all,

I just finished reading ALL 73 pages of this post (started last night)..

I started about a week ago with the low carb between 20-30 but noticed that this time around, I was not dropping quick, plus, I didn't feel as well with that low of carbs, and also realized that I was going through that "carb crash".

I read that if you push through the carb crash, you will start losing again, but I just don't think it is healthy to put your body through that.

So I stumbled on this thread and have been fascinated!

I just started this today. I went for 5 days around 30 carbs, then today went to 250 and 2000 cals. Tomorrow I am going to drop it down to 20 carbs/1200 cals, and hope to maintain that for about 3 days.

I really hope this works because knowing that ever 3 days I can have some of the things I really miss will be what keeps me going.
  #1091   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 08:18
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I see this is a really old thread. But what an interesting read! I've been stalled for months and really never cheat on this plan. Got away from my walking for months and resumed recently. Plan on giving this carb cycling a go and ssee what happens.
  #1092   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 22:01

BF:

This is a woe I can really live with and still lose, slowly but surely. Mental clarity is better in general, and I know I will not be deprived forever--huge help for not cheating and feeling bad about myself.

Have sort of overdone it a bit, enjoying summer food and beverages in the past month or so. Am planning on really getting back on track once I am back in town end of next week. Let us all know how the carb cycling goes for you Buttoni.
  #1093   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-10, 07:37
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I will. Hope it will break this long stall. Haven't been gaining during the stall, but just not losing either. So discouraging.
  #1094   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-10, 09:47

BF:

Apparently, from what I have read, that to confuse your body with different levels of carbs will cause a change in metabolism and cause weight loss. This is similar to when changing our workout routine, weight training, etc, we get in better shape/ increase endurance, become more aerobically fit, etc. I certainly have experienced this over the last 9 months. I just have been carbing up a bit too much and not exercising as much over the past month or so. Back on track now and on my way to my final goal. About 13 pounds and a few inches to go!
  #1095   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-10, 11:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,
after two months of carbing up once a week and weight loss that I was quite pleased with, I seem to be, once more, stalling out. I see some people tried upping their carb-up frequency to break their stall. I'm quite nervous about this. Currently I carb up on a Saturday, so I was thinking perhaps having another half-day on a Wednesday? Or I could extend my carbing up days to Saturdays and Sundays? Or should I just possibly move my one carb up day to a random day during the week instead of my regular day-I'm just wondering what people did in moving on their weight loss while using carb cycling. Any advice would be very welcome!
Thanks