Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

Boy, I am soooo happy I found this thread. I never wanted to admit it, but I too am a scale-a-holic! (Hi, my name is Vanity and I am a scale-a-holic) I weigh myself as soon as I get up in the morning after I get undressed. I have to know what I weigh and i pray that I didn't carb load the previous day. I try not to get on the scale while I'm on my period because that is really depressing...5 pounds of water weight. So to challenge myself not to get on a scale for 100 days...I would have to bury it in the back yard. I'm up for it, but I'm totally scared!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 11:44

Stats: 283.5/259.5/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 19%

I too love the scale, I weigh about 4 times a day on average. I don't think I could do 100 days without it, the suspense would kill me!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 09:24

Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I love my scale. I am currently visiting my mother and I don't like her scale. I can't wait to get home tonight from the airport and jump directly on my scale. My scale has a happy-face sticker on it so that when I see it go up I don't feel as bad, and when it goes down I feel even better. It also locks on a number really well.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 19:34

Plan: Atkins - Low-Cal
Stats: 145/128/120 Male 67 inches
BF:10%/5%/2%
Progress: 68%

I'm constantly weighing myself. I weigh around 5-10 times and sometimes more than that a day. Yup, i'm addicted to it alright.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 19:47

Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

I finally did it, I hid my scale from myself. I feel as if a burden was lifted off of me. But I did go to walmart yesterday and priced a scale with body fat measurements. I didn't buy it, but in a month and I'm doing well, I may invest it it. Taylor Brand, only $40.

So I'm not weighing myself at all. I'm just going to do the diet correctly and exercise. Weight isn't important, Body fat % matters the most, right?
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 11:49

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

OMG - that is me to a tee. How scary. Hello, my name is Adrianna and I am addicted to scales.

Who knew . . . I went from being addicted to food to being addicted to scales.

Glad I'm not the only one. . .
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/155/145 Female 5'5 feet
BF:30.1%
Progress: 81%

Yep, thats me. Right here. Scale addict. Everymorning, after the bathroom and naked. It's odd to fall into a pattern so similar to everyone else here. I wonder how good or bad it really is though. I do feel good if I loose a pound or two and for a while I will look down on myself for a gain. Yet, I then look to my fit day to see what I may have done right or wrong the previous day and try to copy or eliminate it. I like the scale as a tool but I am addicted to it. I need my fix every morning and that is the only time I use it. I don't think I could stand to see what I weigh after meals with clothes on!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: ??
Stats: 136/142/125 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: -55%

for the scale-o-holics who weigh themselves several times a day, how do you know what number to believe? being that your weight can fluctuate up to five pounds daily (more if your allergic to something you ate and are experiencing inflamation), how do you decide your weight? I average the numbers over two/three days.
I'm something of a scale-o-holic, too, only my problem is that I don't believe my scale. wish they would come up with a fancy computerized one that would subtract water weight!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 17:38

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I weigh pretty much, daily. I avoid the scale during TOM. But I like to check in with myself regardless of the agony.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:06
Registered Member

Stats: 120/117/110 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Rosie Real,

Ha ha ha, that's really funny! I always think that too if I weigh at night, if it's that low now imagine how it will be in the morning! I'm glad to know someone else does that!
Can throw you off though, if you weigh before dinner. Then it might be more the next day.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 01:45
Registered Member

Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

OK, I would join the challenge, but I know I'd never make it. I weigh ALL the time. It definitely qualifies as an obsession. But I don't adjust my eating or anything to what it shows every time.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 22:46
Beautifully Chaotic

Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

Okay, I weigh when I wake up, after I go potty, after I drink my coffee, a few more times throughout the day, and of course before I go to bed so in some odd way I will be better prepared for what the morning weigh-in will be.

But to be honest, weighing a lot is not all of it. I, like many of you weight with and without clothes, but I also have this weird thing about my toes always being in exactly the same place and the scale in the same spot so as not to offend the scale gods and make them give me a false reading.

I look at it this way, if I am obsessing over the scales, I don't have time to worry about eating foods I should not be eating....
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 06:47

Stats: 248/140/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 105%

I have a tendency to weigh daily, and will for a few days, but then I just stop. It makes me crazy, and crazy causes stress and anxiety, which makes me fat....so I back off.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 13:53
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

I weigh at least ten times per day. I have two scales side by side, an analog one and a digital one and weigh on both to make sure the readings are identical.

what's sad is that my daily happiness is directly and negatively correlated with the scale readings.

If the scale reads less than the previous day, I have a good day, if it reads more than the previous day, I have a bad day.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 14:01

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

O yeah, I am a scaleaholic!! And I am proud of that! I use to be scared of the scale and know i just can't get enough of it!! I am trying to give myself a challenge to only weigh on Sundays, but sometimes I slip up!!! So...who cares!! It works!!!