Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 19:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/130/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Talking Yahoo for Atkins

Hi I'm new from Missouri and started Atkins 2 1/2 weeks ago and lost almost 10 lbs. It's unbelievable.
I am 42 and had an eating disorder as a late teen. I thought starving myself or excess exercise was the way to beat weight down. What a burden it was mentally. Since then I got burned out on any diet. I knew enough that if a person wasn't able to live the diet for the rest of your life, what was the use of doing it in the first place.
Since turning 40 , somehow sort of slowly, 10 lbs crept on...now how did that happen? I wasn't eating any different, I tried to exercise more but no weight loss. I just thought, oh well, I'm over 40. Then recently we moved and that threw our whole life out of whack. Maybe another 5 lbs got added on. Depressing, and I was tired all the time.
So my husband said, "Let's go on Atkins together". He had done it before but a move really changes your life.
So I'm just writing all this to say what a blessing this diet has been and it hasn't been a drag at all. Staying full, staying on course, eating what we should , exercising moderately is what it takes. When the weight starts falling off, after 40, well it's just plain MOTIVATING. And it's a diet I could live on for the rest of my life. So yahoo to Atkins!!! And to this support group. Yahoo for Atkins

Last edited by csade5 : Sun, Apr-08-07 at 19:53.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 20:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/217/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi I am new to atkins, and new to posting anything anywhere I am starting tomorrow morning and hope that I can be as successful as you because that will give me courage to carry on.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/130/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

You'll be amazed at how this diet works. At first it's a strange thing, and might be awkward, but press on and give it the two weeks. It really works!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 23:25
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hello, and welcome to you all!

Be sure to check out the Kitchen forum on this site. For those of you on Induction, you will find acceptable recipes on a "Sticky," which you will see at the top of each sub-forum (breakfasts, main dishes, etc.) Here's a link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Here's a link to another great site with really good recipes. The ones that are appropriate for Induction are marked with an asterisk (*):

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Enjoy!