Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 18:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, BFL
Stats: 232.6/233.6/150
BF:52/47/25
Progress: -1%
Thumbs up a beginner

I'm going to be 40 in May 2002 and don't want to be "Fat 'n' Forty"!

Been dieting on and off for 15 years. Tried lots of plans. Most successful was Jenny Craig 10 years ago (lost 35 pounds in 5 months) but you have to buy their fat reduced food and when I moved away from Vancouver to the UK I found it wasn't available here!

Since moving to the UK I have gained 80+ pounds.

I am now on day 6 of Induction on the Dr Atkins plan and have lost 4 pounds.

I was a bit confused about the vitamins. I caught cold on Weds and was concerned that I couldn't treat it my usual way - lots and lots of effervescent vitamin c and soluble aspirin. Have since bought some sugar free vitamin c tablets so will fight the cold as per normal!

Bye for now!

Thanks for this great site and forum! I've been looking around and found lots of answers to questions.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 18:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Welcome!
You will find lots of information and support here. Post any questions you may have. This is a great group of people.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 19:00

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome, 10stone10. You sound as though you've thought this through and have a Plan -- and enough bruises and experiences to help make it work.

I found it very helpful to read some Journals when I first started (and, of course, you may want to start one of your own.) But there's a TON of information here. And lots and lots of support

Congratulations on your four pounds! That first stone will be gone in no time.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 19:50
Registered Member

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Today was day seven and I've lost a total of 7 pounds! I'm really excited about this!
Tonight however I went off the plan - it was the company Christmas party. I will be straight back on it tomorrow.

Alto - you're right - I do have dieting bruises. Probably we all do.
I took your advice and looked at some journals and started my own too. The info on this site is amazing. I can even practice my french here! I'm so pleased to have found this site!

Atriana - Thank you for the invitation to ask questions. I'm always nervous of asking questions because some sites get a bit antsy when newbies ask without first looking. I have had a pretty good look around and found answers to most questions I initially had. I'm sure more questions will come up!

Thanks a bunch!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 04:50
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

sounds to me like your off to a great start nice to meet you

how much water do you drink everyday?make sure you drink at least 64 ounces....the more you drink the more you lose
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 15:35
Registered Member

Hi grrlpwer. thanks for the tip about the water. I find it easy to drink water at work because I sit next to the water cooler! At home I always forget. I don't drink tea or coffee and used to drink lots of juice and milk. Today I think I had 6 glasses. Do you know if dehydration affects the readings of the ketostix?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 16:01

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

I am the opposite, at home I drink water all the time, I always keep a full pitcher in the fridge, which helps, but at work, I am soo far away from the water cooler and have not brought in much of anything to drink out of, although I do have a big water glass here now. I fill it at least once a day, but I should fill it more while at work. I get all of my water drinking in the morning and at night.
Cindy