Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-09, 18:39

Plan: weight watcher core
Stats: 178/178/138 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress:
Default weigh station have you heard of this

Hi, My name is Barbara and I am 44 and 40 pounds or so overweight. I work at an elementary school and have been watching my co-workers loose weight. Here is the deal 2 had lap band 5 are on the WEIGH STATION diet. They take meds prescribed- drugs to curb there hunger and B-12
shots with an extra boost, shots once a week. This diet is very expensive but dramatic weight loss....40 pounds or more in 6 weeks. And there are 4 on WW Core program....That is the plan I am on....It reminds me of Susan Powters plan in the 80's WOW. I lost alot of weight but hated beans and rice after....WW weight loss is slow ... I will keeping working toward my goal. If anyone knows of someone who done the weight station and kept it off enlighten me....Its two hundred and fifty dollars to get started and 50 dollars a week . With monthly EKGS ...What does that tell Ya...Barb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-09, 19:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

Barbara,

Welcome. I cannot tell you how much money I have spent on medical weightloss. The B12 is for energy. You can get these in any vitamin isle and in sublingual. That works the best.
I am sure they are being monitored but for myself I am hesitant of medications.

The way of low carb goes back to the cave men days. They ate plant life and meat. Beans and rice are high in carbs.

Choose what is right for you. This way of eating has been the best for me for an overall good feeling. Endless energy, good moods it is overall good. My doctor even says it has helped.

Wishing you all the best
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 07:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your diet. There are a few big-time losers on here who combine Weight Watchers with low-carb very successfully, having reached a plateau in weight loss through low-carbing alone. Most people find that low-carbing works fine without the need for adding WW. I gained weight on the healthy eating WW diet (even though I added none of the extra "treats" which were allowed). I've lost loads on low-carbing. though, which just proves how different we all are.

I think you're very wise to be circumspect about that diet - these people might be slowing down their metabolism due to eating too few calories, plus losing lean body weight, making it difficult to maintain afterwards. Having said all that, quick results tend to enable us to endure tempation more easily, don't they, so maybe that's what these people need.

Bye for now..
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 07:22
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

Welcome!

Read around and see if there might be a good low carb plan that will fit the bill for you. It is a beautiful and natural way to eat (if you do it right)

I don't think you will see a 40lb loss in 6 weeks. Some people that are obese can see those results though.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-09, 09:31

Plan: weigh station
Stats: 450/417/200 Female 70
BF:
Progress:

I am on weigh station and have lost 33 pounds in 3 weeks. The diet really isnt that hard to follow once you start. Good luck.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-09, 11:03

Plan: LC and almost vegan/IF
Stats: 190/179.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I have no idea what weigh station is but I will say that I have done the diet dr. thing with the drugs and WW as well as NS... I gained back all of it even though I was eating "sensible". good luck to you...