Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 17:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/168/158 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Trying Atkins again

Hello low carb lovers! I did Atkins years and years ago when I had my kids. They are now finishing up in University and unfortunately I'm still trying to lose the baby weight! I only did it for a bit back then and remember it working quite well. I am hoping the same is true, although now that I am much older I am worried it will take a lot more discipline. I am a lover of all gluten, and it is going to be very hard to give up this staple in my diet. I usually eat very healthy in the summer when fresh veggies are abundant, but then winter comes and along with it the pasta and rich dishes. I am also a teacher and find that I don't take the time to drink my water during the day because I am always so busy. That is something I will have to prioritize and make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. I look forward to supporting one another on this journey of ours!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-18, 15:35

Plan: LCHF / IF
Stats: 333/113/138 Female 5'6"
BF:BMI 56/18/22
Progress: 113%

Welcome to a wonderful place to support you through a wonderful way of eating

Those tempting foods seem to take a back seat after a while, you'll see. Hope to see you on the board later.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-18, 04:32

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back
People doing Atkins "the second time around" often think they remember the rules, but forget the limits on cream, or add nuts right away. Best to re-read the rules which are summarized right at top of Atkins sub-forum :
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
One common suggestion for the water is take a sports bottle to work. If you like it cold, fill with ice and let it melt through the day. You don’t have to drink a certain large amount but have it convenient when thirsty. Also salty broth is suggested now to avoid induction "flu"...the cubes are fine if you have a source of hot water to make it. This new website is another good source for an easy two week induction plan and other great LC information. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Mar-20-18 at 04:44.