Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 10:41

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Starting over again and it's not easy..... :(

Hi Everybody and let me introduce myself. My name is Patty and, although, I am not new to low carb or this forum, it has been years since I've been on here. I starting doing low carb back in 2005 when I stepped on the scale at my sister's house and saw I had ballooned up to 205 lbs. I had stumbled onto this site and, I must say, it was a tremendous help for me back then. I had actually lost almost 50 lbs. back then. I actually have 2 journals on here because, back then, if your journal was too large, you had to start a new one so I started a new one as a continuation from my original journal. Anyway, things happened in life. I met a guy, who I dated for almost 10 years (we've since broken up), and that was when my slip ups started to happen. Although I was always semi-conscious about what I was eating, most often, it didn't turn out to be the right decisions and slowly I creeped back up to 193 lbs. When we broke up, back on Sadie Hawkin's Day in 2016 (Feb. 29th), I decided I was going to get back onto the low carb wagon again. Well, here it is, October 2017 and I've decided to really put an effort into eating right and losing the extra weight. I started this journey, again, about 3 weeks ago and at the time, my weight was at 185 lbs. I'm happy to say, this morning, I stepped on the scale and I weighed 178 lbs. It seems to be going very slowly this time around but I am determined to finally get rid of this excess weight so I made the decision, being as this forum was so helpful to me last time I started this journey, I would come back here to help keep me focused.

I am not doing any particular plan. My plan is to simply keep my carb intake to under 60g per day with those carbs being from healthy foods and no junk.

Anyway, that's for listening to my story and I hope to interact with all of you around here whether it be for advise or just moral support.

Have a great low carb day,

Patty
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 11:13

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I also subscribe to the 'eat healthy proteins and vegetables and everything else will work out' plan. Not interested in counting carbs, calories, or anything else, but I am fully confident that potato chips and corn chips are not good (well, they are actually very good, but not good for me:-).

If you continue to eat low carb, work in some exercise, and resist the bad snack impulse, you should be fighting the Mr. Rights off with a stick in no time.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 11:23

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanx, Sniggle and Congratulations!! I see you have done fantastic on your journey (101% progress). At this point, though, I feel I still have to keep track of my carbs, calories, etc. to stay focused. Hopefully, some time down the line, it will become 2nd nature and I will be able to eat (healthy, of course) and not have to worry about counting calories, carbs, etc........