Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 07:45

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 155/152/139
BF:
Progress:
Default thank you all for the welcome :)

Thank you to all of you who responded to my note...you continue to motivate me......I was down four pounds earlier this week now I am up two....I feel really good and like I am losing though so am wondering what is going on.... but the scales have been back up for a couple of days....am I doing something wrong? I go over everything I am eating and it is all appropriate and I am keeping to under 20g of carb a day.....any advice? I intend to stick to it and try to stay away from the scales if I can haha....but I would appreciate hearing if anyone else had this problem in the first few weeks.....thanks!!!!

Marianne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 07:51

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs down Scales

Scales, ugh. Have you measured yourself, Mimi? During the first 5 days of my second week I hadn't lost a lb. Very distressing considering I'd lost 8 the previous week. HOWEVER, 3 inches were gone. You'll find your weight varies a few pounds from day to day, maybe you just hit a higher one. Try waiting a week between trips to that awful appliance, if you can (I know how hard it can be).

Other culprits could be: Not drinking enough water. That TOM. Also, I checked your profile, you havent got much to lose so it will take a bit longer for you.

Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged!!

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 08:01
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Scales

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
Scales, ugh. Have you measured yourself, Mimi? During the first 5 days of my second week I hadn't lost a lb. Very distressing considering I'd lost 8 the previous week. HOWEVER, 3 inches were gone.

Amen!

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 08:06

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 155/152/139
BF:
Progress:

HI Nat.....thank you and no I haven't measured myself but when I look in the mirror I see a difference and I will measure myself this weekend to follow that too..... I drink a fair amount of water but will increase it a bit and feel relieved that you said the pounds can fluctuate like that....so I will commit to only weighing in once a week.....if I can haha and keep on doing it....I feel great, full of energy and as a lifetime "dieter", I feel thinner and know that that usually is on target ....sigh! Thanks for the reply Nat and I will let you know how I make out at next weigh in

Marianne
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 08:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Mimi
Thanks for the reply Nat and I will let you know how I make out at next weigh in

Great, and good luck

Nat