Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1696   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 19:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ladies- SO I too have been lurking for a minute.......again......

But to be honest I have had to get my mojo back after surgery in Late Jan/Early feb....... It has taken a more than a minute.

I Feel Awesome finally for the first time in a couple years. I am very A72- and in the last 4 months only strayed MAYBE 2 times..... And I paid the piper.
Ya know when ya eat so good- then ya veer off one pays...... And thank goodness. Food hangover is a great reminder why we DON"T eat like that.

Jo- I am Total agreement- what would happen if big Pharma , sugar, and cancer center closed up???????????? What if we all got healthy,...
boy healthcare would go broke. lol

yea.........
So I am again so inspired with your cheering on of others...... wanting to get back on track. So sweet of you to put in that time....I get that is time! TY

Anyway....... I would love to stop in couple time a week.... and be a small part of group going forward. I can share story again if I need too.
But I lost my 100lb- kept it off for 7 years- then bam- injury and 60 pounds later I am here... have lost 15 of the 60...... have a bit to get back there.

Totally on plan

Have a good one
Sponsored Links
  #1697   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 06:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Wednesday, 24 May 2017

You all know what's coming!

Happy HUMP Day, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Woot! Woot! Three more days and Imma on Summer Break!

I HATE all the non-teaching crap we do the last 7 days of school... remember we started our non-teaching crap last Thursday with our excursion to White Sands National Monument...

It's mentally exhausting to have to entertain the lil' darlings for hours on end. Especially since we have the same kiddos all.day.long!

I don't know how elementary teachers do it... there would be blood involve if I had the same kiddos all.day.long as a normal routine... most likely my OWN!

Only have to entertain them today and tomorrow!

Friday, they don't even step into the building, we just hand out report cards and say BYE BYE to another school year ~ I can't WAIT!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"...Where you start the diet, of course, is with a daily intake of zero grams of carbohydrate. Although we allow salad on the diet from the start, and lettuce has carbohydrate in it, the amount it contains is so minute as to be biologically the equivalent of zero."
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 102

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
I agree JO big pharma wants us buying those pills all the time and want us addicted to treating symptoms from bad eating with that pill! How else they gonna get billions of our dollars? HAHA Sad isn't it!!!
Very very sad, but it seems so true!

Hey, when's the LAST TIME 'they' cured ANYTHING?

Things that make me go...hmmmmmmmm for reals!
Quote:
I was truly amazed as I went down that carb ladder how much better I feel. I mean 'truly FEEL' in my body. I love that about very low carb. You just 'feel' in a different way. A healthy way vs. the sluggy tired foggy feeling when stuffed like a turkey with carby crap!
at stuffed turkey...

Remember 'they' used to blame the foggy feeling on the the amino acid tryptophan on eating too much turkey on Thanksgiving... IMHO, the turkey wasn't to BLAME at all, it was all those CARBY sides that we used to face plant into and all the adult beverages!
Quote:
Yea the pool is a pain while getting it ready but OH SO worth it in the end LOL
I bet it is! I know you're dying to dive in ~ literally!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Have all grandkiddies and they all sick.
Awww sorry that your grands are sick!

Quote:
Was starving yesterday and horrible headache ate some more protein and I felt much better.
Starving & headache probably due to stress with the sick grands! Imma glad that eating more protein helped you! WTG!

Jaz:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
Ladies- SO I too have been lurking for a minute.......again......
Hiya Jaz! Nice to see you!
Quote:
But to be honest I have had to get my mojo back after surgery in Late Jan/Early feb....... It has taken a more than a minute.
So glad to hear that you got your mojo back and the surgery is tail lights down the highway!
Quote:
I Feel Awesome finally for the first time in a couple years. I am very A72- and in the last 4 months only strayed MAYBE 2 times..... And I paid the piper.
Ya know when ya eat so good- then ya veer off one pays...... And thank goodness. Food hangover is a great reminder why we DON"T eat like that.
That's wonderful that you're back to A '72! Yeppers, "paying that piper" happened to me over the course of trying to do this incredible LC WOE. Then I finally realized that it always came with a price I was not willing to pay over and over again... you know, the bloaty-ness, the weight gain even if it's temporary... it's a HARD lesson to learn...

Quote:
Jo- I am Total agreement- what would happen if big Pharma , sugar, and cancer center closed up???????????? What if we all got healthy,...
boy healthcare would go broke. lol
Yeppers for sure!

But what happened to the "Do No HARM" part of the Hippocratic Oath that doctors take??? Or has that been done away with???
Quote:
So I am again so inspired with your cheering on of others...... wanting to get back on track. So sweet of you to put in that time....I get that is time! TY
We're all in the same boat! And we're all here to help support, inspire and encourage each other along our journeys to better HEALTH and skinny-dom!
Quote:
Anyway....... I would love to stop in couple time a week.... and be a small part of group going forward. I can share story again if I need too.
We'd love to have you post as much or as little as you like/need! Anytime!
Quote:
But I lost my 100lb- kept it off for 7 years- then bam- injury and 60 pounds later I am here... have lost 15 of the 60...... have a bit to get back there.
Congrats on keeping off most of the 100 lbs you lost! That's truly something to celebrate b/c lots of peeps will gain back all of it plus a few more! WTG!

I know b/c I've been ONE of THOSE many many times in my life...
Quote:
Totally on plan
Right ON! Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight, you've GOT THIS!
  #1698   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 06:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie, wow, so sorry the kiddies are sick and then you go down with a bad headache. Sounds like a very tough day and YES you got eat the good protein and all ya need to feel better!
Hope everyone is improving fast for ya!!

HI Jaz
All I can say is A72 Induction all the way baby!

Jo, yea--you had me laughing---BLAME THE FRIGGIN' TURKEY! omg you are so right. never thought of that before. couldn't be the rolls, the taters, the corn, the zillion desserts, the stuffing and more now could it --HAHA oh my gosh so wild.

Hey I am naming that Camel ya know. And here's....

HUMPFREE.............see the hump in there and see 'free'...meaning we jumped over into the freer days heading into the weekend! OK OK I know it is silly but hey ya know

DE, hope you are having tons of fun!!

HI ALL
tired, not sleeping good lately.
rainy misty icky cloudy and nasty....more days of it too

gonna convince family to go out for crab legs tonight. I got a hankering and I gotta fill that

so just a bacon/cheese omelet later and some legs tonight. oh yea, this A72 thing is really friggin' terrible hard ya know!

great day all
  #1699   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 13:34

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Jaz... great to see you posting!
Carol... great report from Hawaii !
Karen.., Menu today sounds delish!

Jo,,, great post!

Still have the grandkiddies but good news mom and dad coming home tomorrow ! Makayla finally has no fever! That child just screamed for two days straight! Lucky I have a great ability to just toon out little people tantrum!
Looking forward to this weekend and doing my thing!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1700   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 21:06

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Still on vacation..having fun in Washington!

It's very GREEN here

The family came up here for the weekend and I really enjoyed seeing my girls!
  #1701   ^
Old Thu, May-25-17, 04:50

BF:

DE so glad you are having a great time and the girls got to visit also! Enjoy!!

Bernie, oh wow, screaming for 2 days straight! I would be committed at that point You are fortunate you can tune them out...so happy they are getting better tho, nothing worse then little sick ones, they feel so miserable and just gotta let it out!

HI ALL
no crab legs last night. restaurant changed policy. instead of everyday 'all you can eat' they are now only Thurs night. Darn, I went last night!!! We left and did Italian place. OMG not my kinda place. I scraped on small piece of pepperoni pizza for taste and I had naked chicken wings. THEY HAD the delish food...this eating out was hard cause I wanted my crab and got gypped....they ordered appetizers and delish mains and it seemed all so yummy since all they were saying was how freaking' yummy it was!!! Brought home a ton of pizza kiddo will eat on. can't wait for next Thurs to get my crab LOL

My mind wanted. No doubt about that but I would not give in

alot to handle, this and that as usual. what we all do thru the day and it gets annoying

great day all
  #1702   ^
Old Thu, May-25-17, 05:58
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 25 May 2017

Happy Thursday, WARRIORS!

Wishing all of you a totally terrific Thursday in every way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"If you can cut down on your quantities, you are better off to do so—but not when it gets to the point where you have to put up with discomfort or HUNGER."
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 275

Karen:
Quote:
Jo, yea--you had me laughing---BLAME THE FRIGGIN' TURKEY! omg you are so right. never thought of that before. couldn't be the rolls, the taters, the corn, the zillion desserts, the stuffing and more now could it --HAHA oh my gosh so wild.
Yeppers! Hey, they've started to slowly STOP blaming the turkey eating on the foggy brain and sleepy-ness that peeps experience after such a HIGH carb meal. Here's what I found:

Thanksgiving Myth Busted: Eating Turkey Won't Make You Sleepy!
Quote:
Hey I am naming that Camel ya know. And here's....

HUMPFREE.............see the hump in there and see 'free'...meaning we jumped over into the freer days heading into the weekend! OK OK I know it is silly but hey ya know
I LIKE it! So, now I'll start callin' him HumpFree! NICE!
Quote:
tired, not sleeping good lately.
Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well... wonder if it has to do with the weather and change of barometric pressure?? B/c I know that DOES affect peeps' mood, etc...

Hope with the improvement of the weather; you'll get more sleep!
Quote:
no crab legs last night. restaurant changed policy. instead of everyday 'all you can eat' they are now only Thurs night. Darn, I went last night!!! We left and did Italian place. OMG not my kinda place. I scraped on small piece of pepperoni pizza for taste and I had naked chicken wings. THEY HAD the delish food...this eating out was hard cause I wanted my crab and got gypped....they ordered appetizers and delish mains and it seemed all so yummy since all they were saying was how freaking' yummy it was!!! Brought home a ton of pizza kiddo will eat on. can't wait for next Thurs to get my crab LOL

My mind wanted. No doubt about that but I would not give in
Awww sorry your plans for crab legs was aborted b/c of the restaurant's policy change and you had to endure the Italian place instead!

Berni:
Quote:
Still have the grandkiddies but good news mom and dad coming home tomorrow !
Imma glad the 'rents are due back TODAY! Probably NOT as glad as you are!

Do you watch the grands when they are out of school for the summer as well????
Quote:
Makayla finally has no fever! That child just screamed for two days straight! Lucky I have a great ability to just toon out little people tantrum!
Wonder if Makayla is teething.... Nice that you can tune out the little ones' tantrums!
Quote:
Looking forward to this weekend and doing my thing!
Wow I bet you are... you NEED a vaca away from HOME!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Still on vacation..having fun in Washington!
Hiya De! Imma glad you popped in, b/c I've missed you!
Quote:
It's very GREEN here
at GREEN! I hear ya!
Quote:
The family came up here for the weekend and I really enjoyed seeing my girls!
That's so cool that you got to see your DD and the fam! Hey aren't you taking DGS to visit them shortly after you get back home?

BTW: When are you going back home??
  #1703   ^
Old Fri, May-26-17, 03:48

BF:

HI ALL
woke up feeling sicky, icky. No idea why. No one else is feeling bad so just me

gonna do some things but moving slow today! Got resting thru this day on my mind

have a great day all. I hope to be better sooner than later
  #1704   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 06:07

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Sorry I have been MIA. Working and taking care of the grandkiddies 24/7 kicked my butt!

They are home with their parents and I am looking forward to a long quiet weekend of chillax! Weather is going to be sunny and 70's today so I be hitting the trails with magnum dog!
Karen.... feel better my warrior friend!
De and Carole....hope you are enjoying vacations!
Hello dear Jo first day of summer vacation had to feel magnificent!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1705   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 16:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday Afternoon, 27 May 2017

Happy Saturday Afternoon, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"I have an illness, a lifelong illness. I can't cure it, but I can CONTROL it!""
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 261

Karen:
Quote:
woke up feeling sicky, icky. No idea why. No one else is feeling bad so just me
Aww sorry to hear that you're not feeling well!

Hey wonder if it was the scrappings off that small piece of pepperoni pizza you had Wednesday night? I know it probably wasn't a lot of carb-age but since you're doing ZERO carbs, probably enough to make you feel unwell?? JMO!
Quote:
gonna do some things but moving slow today! Got resting thru this day on my mind

have a great day all. I hope to be better sooner than later
Hope you're over whatever the heck that was yesterday and back to being your BAD Azz self!!

Berni:
Quote:
How is everyone doing today?
Imma doing super duper terrific on my first day of my 72-day long w/e!
Quote:
Sorry I have been MIA. Working and taking care of the grandkiddies 24/7 kicked my butt!
Holy Hannah, I can't imagine how much work that is PLUS working full time to boot! You're SUPER WOMAN!
Quote:
They are home with their parents and I am looking forward to a long quiet weekend of chillax! Weather is going to be sunny and 70's today so I be hitting the trails with magnum dog!
I know you'll enjoy your time with Magnum and hope you can just chil-lax and recharge those batteries!

Anymore on the DD and her fam going with you to Disney for your conference in June? Heck that's just about here WOW!
Quote:
Hello dear Jo first day of summer vacation had to feel magnificent!
Imma just chil-laxing with Chico. Doing my usual w/e chores.

Gonna have the lil' Chico dog every other week during the summer. He'll get picked up on Friday!

Remember last year I had him from mid-May to mid-October b/c his dad was hospitalized and then moved to a rehab facility... His dad seems to be doing much better taking care of himself, etc. I hope it continues...
  #1706   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 04:16
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Sunday, 28 May 2017

Kinda quiet in here...so I'll get the ball rolling...
Happy Sunday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible! Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Below is one of my all-time favorite piece of advice shared by our beloved Dr. A!

"The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways."

~ Dr. Atkins on “Maintenance” | A ’72 pg 263

This truly resonates with me b/c that's exactly what I have been doing since I started maintenance on 10 March 2014 when I reached my desired "goal weight" of 130 lbs... results don't LIE!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, May-28-17 at 04:20. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #1707   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 04:27

BF:

Bernie, so glad you are chilling out this weekend. Do nothing and enjoy doing just that

Jo sounds like you are starting your relaxing time also! Cool ya get Chico every other week. I am glad he is doing better also, I remember how bad things got for him.

Don't think it was that little bit of cheese and pepp. but who knows! I feel alot better so not sure what it was? LOL but at least it is gone!

HI ALL
feel better which is good.

monster storm last night. Hail and scary winds.

tree down in backyard. crushed my fence.
just missed my pool by a foot.
my patio pool furniture is all over the yard....heavy metal glass table upside down and not broken and chairs in yard.
I looked out and it seems my neighbors big tall flag pole is lying on the ground.
don't 'see' anything else around.
Have to check back horse pasture. Got monster big trees back there and some were not looking stable. Hope my other fences are ok now. I kinda don't want to look ya know LOL

So boring day. gonna clean some things. do a barn/tree/fence walk check. Cars seem ok so hail didn't do damage.

off to get the morning rolling along. everyone have a fine day
  #1708   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 09:46

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning Warriors.

Back home...can I say totally exhausted after 22 hrs on the road for the past two days. Had a good time, but it's good to be home. Rest and unpack today. Have to mow the lawn though because it's off the hook.

Thinking of sending DH to the store for supplies. Want a salad with grilled chicken tonight.

Have a great weekend all.
  #1709   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 14:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Jo sounds like you are starting your relaxing time also!
Yeppers, give me about 3-4 weeks off and I'll be hankering to get back to teaching!

I have no desire to go travelin' etc...
Quote:
Cool ya get Chico every other week. I am glad he is doing better also, I remember how bad things got for him.
It will be great having the lil' Chico every other week...
Quote:
Don't think it was that little bit of cheese and pepp. but who knows! I feel alot better so not sure what it was? LOL but at least it is gone!
Imma glad you're feelin' better!

Don't go discounting the small amounts of cheese, pepperoni and the pizza sauce b/c it could have been a huge toxic jolt to your system since you've been eating very very "clean" & ZC for such a long long time!

Imma just saying that the pizza place probably uses cheese in the bags, pepperoni that may not be zero carbs and sauce that generally has sugar in it... So enough carb-age crap to make you feel like crap,eh? Even if it didn't affect your weight or cause cravings, etc...
Quote:
monster storm last night. Hail and scary winds.

tree down in backyard. crushed my fence.
just missed my pool by a foot.
my patio pool furniture is all over the yard....heavy metal glass table upside down and not broken and chairs in yard.
I looked out and it seems my neighbors big tall flag pole is lying on the ground.
don't 'see' anything else around.
Have to check back horse pasture. Got monster big trees back there and some were not looking stable. Hope my other fences are ok now. I kinda don't want to look ya know LOL

So boring day. gonna clean some things. do a barn/tree/fence walk check. Cars seem ok so hail didn't do damage.
Wow sorry to hear about the monster storm that blew by you... Imma glad you don't have any more damage then you do! So lucky that no one got hurt! Hope you don't have to spend all day cleaning up after Mother Nature!
  #1710   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 14:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Back home...can I say totally exhausted after 22 hrs on the road for the past two days. Had a good time, but it's good to be home. Rest and unpack today. Have to mow the lawn though because it's off the hook.

Thinking of sending DH to the store for supplies. Want a salad with grilled chicken tonight.
WELCOME Back, De!!

Wow, 22 hours in a car for 2 days... I know you're glad to be home sweet home!

Hey when do you fly out with your DGS to visit his cousins in WA? Isn't that real soon???
Closed Thread