Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 13:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/206/140
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default does body get used to dieting?

I am planning to stay on the atkins plan for life. I am going to stay on induction for a few months because my weight loss is creeping along.

I am at best a slow loser and I am wondering if your body can get to a point where it permanatly plateaus because it just gets used to having 30-40 carbs a day and you will cease losing weight OR if I will eventually lose the weight I want to alrthough it may be quite a while down the line.

I hope I explained this correctly.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 15:45

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Loriel - I have a similar question in my own mind. Having reached a plateau after around 6 weeks on most diets it is good to know that I am still losing weight after 6 months or so. However, the weight loss has slowed down and is less than one pound a week. However, I am doing lots of exercise and suspect I am also putting on muscle at the same time.

Like you, I think this is a way of eating for life and I am hoping to reach my goal by the time I'm 50, another 3 years. Hopefully it will not take that long. In the meantime I celebrating mini milestones. The next will be when I get to 2 stone lost (28 1b).

Thus I think like in any diet there will be stalls, but I believe that if I eat enough to fool my body that I'm not starving it will eventually get rid of all that extra fat weight.