Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-01, 23:22

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 172/155.5/130
BF:
Progress:
Cool California's Gold

Near San Fran-Where in Cal are you?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-01, 20:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Cool

I am in Los Angeles - I hate to use this phrase but it makes everyone immediately understand my location. "Like totally- the Valley"

I'm always around if support is needed.

Shannon
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 00:03

BF:
Progress:
Default shannon

Except for it being to dry ,I use to love southern Cal until I moved north.in 1970 we had a place on the beach in Ventura .We now live in Sonoma county and LOVE it.We can go into the city for theature and great food,take a scenic drive down coast hwy 1 to Bodega bay which is 40 miles away on a warm afternooon for the best chowder,then drive through the giant redwood forests on the way back.Or spend an afternoon at a local whinery for cheese and local fare.

Have you been further north than L.A?

How long have you been on the Atkins low carb plan? Me, just 16 days.Have lost 6 1/2 pounds so far,and going strong.

Take care,Joyce Paris
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 10:48

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi Joyce -

That's awesome Joyce keep up the good work - whats your goal?I live in Woodland Hills and have been LCing for almost 5 months now and I have lost a total of 25 pounds. My doctor said I had 2 choices, eat as I was and he would treat me for my upcoming diabetes. Or change my life and become as sugar free as possible and be healthy - I choose health!

This has been the best experience for me because I chose this diet and it works for me. I workout with a trainer and on my own and to not be constantly eating or sitting and watching TV has been great.

I have a huge disadvantage I believe over most people on this site except for Karen. My family has been in the catering business for 35 years and I was raised on whole milk, butter, fried foods and eating the best of everything. I still only use our microwave to melt butter, heat up a few left overs and cook bacon.

As far a No Cal I use to spend my summers in Capitola, half moon bay and Santa Cruz. I love the northern part of the state, it is absolutely gorgeous. Although I havent been north in hmmm 10 years- wow its been a long time.

Do you have a journal? If so I will check it out and if you wish to see mine its under A thru G entitled No I dont want fries or to Supersize it!

Have a great day
Shannon
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 11:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/148/130
BF:
Progress:

Hi Cal,
Had to write, I'm previously from the bay area as well. Used to live in Danville, in the east bay. Love your neck of the woods though, course could have something to do with being a wine lover.
Bodega Bay used to be one of our favorite places too, love that ocean cool, could use some of it living here in AZ. Well good luck to all of us.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 14:03

BF:
Progress:
Default Sage

Well hi there!

We lived in Concord for a while so I know that area also.Actually we have lived or been to just about all cities in Calif.WE love it here.

Where in Az are you?I have a daughter in Glendale.We fly over about every 3 months to see family.My daughter is a manager for Raley's Rest.Also have a son in the nursing field.

Have a great holiday week end.

Joyce
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 15:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/148/130
BF:
Progress:

Hi Joyce,
We live in Scottsdale, so Glendale isnt to far. My x-sister-inlaw, who is still like my sister lives in Concord, and was a Jazzersize instructor for years, her name is Lani Hayes. You just never know it is a small world.
Take care and you have a great weekend too.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-08-01, 12:17
Registered Member

Stats: 267/260/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile

Hi Joyce... I live in Hayward and work in Pleasanton. I buy a lot of my LC products at a store in San Ramon. Just wondering if you've ever been there?

Laurie
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-08-01, 19:21

BF:
Progress:
Default your area

Laurie-Hi

We have passed through Hayword but have not made any stops that I can recall.We don't get through that way to often.We mainly go to San Fran when we want to get out of our area.

Thanks for contacting me-have a good to yourself day.

Grammy Joyce
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 257/237/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Everyone,
I'm in Sacramento. Just wanted to say hi to all of my fellow California LC friends out there. Hope everyone is doing great.
Shondel
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-01, 10:24

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default lc store in San Ramone?

Laurie -

Hi. I'm pretty new to lc eating and noticed you used to bet stuff in San Ramon. I live in Alameda, and have not found a place that has a lot of lc choices. Do you remember the name of the store? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Brenda
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 23:21
Registered Member

Stats: 278/221/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Cool Tustin Checking in

Hi there!

I live in Southern California, in a little town called Tustin. It is in Orange County, about 60 miles south of Los Angeles and about 5 miles from Disneyland.

We were up in Grass Valley visiting friends in the spring and it was so pretty. My husband would love for us to move up there. Maybe someday when we retire. .... sigh.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 21:01
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 351/327/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Cool Hello Californians

Hello to all my fellow Californians, I am in Sacramento. I am glad I found this site. Wishing you all well on your journey.

Kathie
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 22:39

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Cool Hello fellow Californians!!!

Hi there everyone!! I live in the Central Valley-Modesto. But I grew up in Concord in the Bay Area. Enjoyed reading your posts. Question? What kind of low carb products are you guys talking about? I just eat real food: eggs, meat(mostly chicken) and lots of vegies. So what kind of special store are we talking about and why? Oh, and nuts...I eat nuts when the kids are eating candy. Take care everyone!!! One day at a time. Victoria
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 21:47
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

I'm in California....between SF and Sacramento
I'm new to low-carb. I have lots of questions.
1. What does everyone snack on when you're at parties or other social engagements when everone else is eating chips.
2. How long does it take for that little nagging headache to go away. Everything else healthwise feels good since I started...a whopping 7 days ago. I can already tell this is right for me. I lost 4.25 pounds in the 1st week.