Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 16:45

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Going to Gold Coast for a Holiday

Hi all, I am heading to the Gold Coast for a week's holiday this Wednesday. Does anyone know if there is a GNC store, or somewhere to buy Low Carb products? My apartment does have a kitchen, so of course I can take care of Low Carb meals, no problem.

I am thinking, to be on the safe side, I might just pack a few Atkins bars, Darrell Lea chocolates (just for a holiday treat in case the urge to blow it just cause i'm on holidays strikes). I was thinking of buying a pack of The Atkins cinammon bars just in case I get stuck somewhere where I can't find a good lunch food. I doubt I would eat these at home much, but I am not sure of what is available up there. I'll be sure and carry some nuts too.

Anyway, won't be here for my Week 3 stat check, but it will be a good test for me to see if I can eat some of these sugar alcohols and still lose weight.

I can't wait to read, relax, walk, swim and best of all, not go to work.

Luscious
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 04:24

Plan: Induction
Stats: 63/55/50 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi Luscious

I live on the Gold Coast, and I don't think there is a GNC here. Just pack your favourites in case!

If there are any other Gold Coasters out there that know of one, please let us know! I have checked the whitepages but can't find anything.

Most health food shops seem to have what low carbers need.

Hope this helps.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 02:57

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default GNC opening soon on gold coast

I packed my own holiday treats in the end.

I did find out the GNC are opening a store on the Gold Coast VERY soon, a bit late for me, but good for you living there

Luscious