Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 03:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%
Smile 90 Day Good Habit Workshop Thread - All Welcome (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
The 90 Day Good Habit Workshop - you can join us at any time!

Outline: Pick one good habit, diet or health related, and practice it every day for 90 days. Post your data, observations, difficulties, questions or insights frequently if possible. If you have no access to internet, update as soon as you do so we don't send the cops after you.

Before joining this thread, please take as much time as needed. Formulate and communicate your habit you are working on, keep it brief. It may be helpful to restate it each time you post or periodically so others understand what you are working on. Others are here to help you and you to help them. We are in this together. We are a team.

The point of the work shop is to grow your mind, not necessarily shrink your body.

If you complete 90 days, PM me and I'll send you an official email of completion, INCLUDING YOUR NAME ON IT!!!...FROM ME!!!

PS. I am open to revisions or clarification to the above. Another set of eyes and minds may see something and add or remove something important...

Welcome to part 2 of this ongoing challenge thread. The first thread is found here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 03:56

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I have successfully completed 90 days and am about to start the next 90. I feel secure in my eating, exercise and sleep habits, which comprised my previous goals. My current focus will be on not wasting so much time on the computer (a bit of an addict here). Later today when I work out the details I will post my specific goals. I suspect that this is going to be a struggle for me but as my signature states "if you want the results you have to create the causes".
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 04:55
Forum Moderator

BF:

Jean, congrats again. I have to keep a limit on my online time, too. I don't have specific time limits, but I have a hierarchy of important "tasks" vs complete time-wasters. No time-wasters unless the more important stuff is taken care of, as well as my IRL daily to-do list.

One rule that's helped me is no "trying to catch up" on Twitter, Facebook, etc. If anything important happened in anyone's life and I didn't get a phone call or run into the person IRL, then I'm not close enough to that person to worry about it. Fight your FOMO. If I want to use social media, I just jump in and don't scroll down very far.

Day 61

1. Activity: the usual lazy weekend 'nope' X
2. Weigh-in: done
3. Supps: done
4. Food: also nope X

Food freebies used: 9/5

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have proven to myself that corn is as bad for my arthritis and allergies as gluten. I'm mourning here. I may never eat Doritos again. Those were an occasional treat for me. "Hey, they're gluten-free." But this is the second time that I've had them with an otherwise clean diet, and (1) my back is so sore I have a hard time putting on pants and socks ( ) and (2) my allergy meds are suddenly rendered almost useless. My nose is on fire here. Sigh. Well, at least I know. It could be worse; I always think of all the folks with arthritis whose quality of life could be massively improved if their health care providers would just entertain the idea of molecular mimicry and inflammation triggers.

I thought of retooling my remaining 1/3 of my 90 days, but I think I'll just wait until the next 90-day cycle. It looks like I won't be laid off this summer, and the shift I'll be working would be a good one for me to cycle to work a lot of days. That will be one of my goals.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 07:11

BF:

I waste too much time on the computer. I do much better with absolute rules so I am setting some absolute rules:

1. No computer use between the hours of 9AM and 6PM except for my Buddhist teachings and tracking food on Cronometer.

2. No computer use in the morning until after I meditate.

3. No computer use after 10PM
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 10:13

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 5 of 5 this week

goal: 15 min of creative writing, research or extracting writing from journal notes 5 days a week for my project/s.

20 min spent writing, editing, and making notes for project 2.

Congrats, Jean on completing your 90 days! I like your new goals. Too much computer time is a problem for a lot of us...I limit mine too. I'd like to be on this site much more but just don't have the time for it.

Woo hoo! New thread!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 10:42

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Morning all!!

my posting from midnight

57/90

Feb 2 start date. (26 d)
Mar (31 d)

My 90 day challenge:

3 goofs used
Only LC sanctioned pizza, no other.
Goof ups allowed: 3, but not more than 2 pcs.
zero goofs left.

Adding on 1 serving of lc vegies a day. Minimum.
1 goofs used
For next 60 days, allowing 4 goofs.
3 misses left

Start date March 27 cannot eat ham, ever!!!!!!!!!! No goofs allowed. NONE.
4/90
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 04:59

BF:

Day 1
no misses (I meditated after turning on the computer but I had not yet set the rule)

1. No computer use between the hours of 9AM and 6PM except for my Buddhist teachings and tracking food on Cronometer.

2. No computer use in the morning until after I meditate.

3. No computer use after 10PM
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 06:14

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default April 2 Day 1

Well my weight is spiraling out of control! I need to get back to the basics.
My 90 habit will be to count all carbs and stay UNDER 20!

Today is my day 1 My start weight is 167.4
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 06:53

Plan: Keto under 20 c
Stats: 170/157/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 52%

Day 13
I made through the long weekend.No snacks. But I did have two drinks on Saturday night. But now its Monday morning and ready to put my best foot forward. My goal as before no snacks after work while making dinner, and no snacks after dinner. The weight is not just falling off but I am patient . I feel so much better, physically and mentally.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 07:20
Forum Moderator

BF:

Day 62

1. Activity: the usual lazy weekend 'nope' X
4. Food: not awful but nope X

Food freebies used: 10/5

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I was at my brother's for the day for a pot-luck get-together. I was tempted to just blow it and bring junk, but I put together a veggie/meat tray with dip, and filled up on that. SIL made some fabulous meatballs with just egg and spices in them. I had a few vodka/diet pepsis, and a treat of some Glutino cookies he bought. These kind of get-togethers/crazy meals boggle my mind at how many of us (myself included) used to eat like this EVERY DAY. I was uncomfortably full afterward... and that used to be my 'normal'.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 08:10

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Day 28 of 90

Rigid:
~ Maximum of 25 net carbs per day - 20 net carbs
~ Water intake of at least 20 oz. - 32 oz.

Probably Needed:
~ 12 meais off plan (equals one per week) Controlled and planned
4/12

Expected, and if happens, will not derail me...
~ 6 days off plan (2 per month)
2/6

Required:
~ If off plan, default back to plan immediately. I will be accountable to report this.

Start date: March 4, 2018
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 08:13

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Day 29 of 90

Rigid:
~ Maximum of 25 net carbs per day - X
~ Water intake of at least 20 oz. - 24 oz.

Probably Needed:
~ 12 meais off plan (equals one per week) Controlled and planned
4/12

Expected, and if happens, will not derail me...
~ 6 days off plan (2 per month)
3/6

Required:
~ If off plan, default back to plan immediately. I will be accountable to report this.

Start date: March 4, 2018

Notes:
I was hoping only to take a pass for a "meal" off plan, but sure enough...eating more than normal carbs awoke the carb monster. So I had to take one of the passes for a day off plan. Back solid today.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 13:57

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Day 1 of 5 this week

goal: 15 min of creative writing, research or extracting writing from journal notes 5 days a week for my project/s.

25 min watching video of subject matter without stopping it, and then reading thru what I wrote without stopping, a little editing. Project 2.

Kristine, glad you got thru the pot-luck. I have some Glutino bars I am using, had a coupon for them. I usually only eat 1/3 bar at a time to make sure the carb count is low for that snack.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-18, 04:42

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default April 3 Day 2/90

Well yesterday was day 1 and I blew it....
So day I reset?
hmmm....
Well Day 2 of 90
with 1 day off plan
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-18, 04:53
Forum Moderator

BF:

Day 63

1. Activity:done
4. Food: on-plan

Food freebies used: 10/5

Nancy, awesome job on the weekend. You did better than I did, especially if you were there overnight. That always did me in, if I was visiting my parents. Even though I was happy to go, it stressed me out enough that I'd rather be stoned on food than stick to plan.

mviesprite, my brother offered me the rest of the package to take home, and I tried not to react in complete horror. "NO... I mean, no thank you." I see other Glutino products on the reduced rack here quite often.
Closed Thread