Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: South Bech Diet
Stats: 187/171.6/132 Female 161cm
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default 4th day on Low carb

It's my forth day on low carb. The first 2 days were hard but yesterday and today I'm not craving carbs anymore! I do however crave a little sweet at night, I'd love a brownie recipe with ingredients that are available in New Zealand. I live in auckland. Maybe a tried and tested cheesecake recipe too. I'm doing the X-Factor Diet by Leslie Kenton..............anyone else doing this program? Would love to hear from others who are. Cheers to all.

Antoinette
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 22:31
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 167.5/157.4/132 Female 164cm
BF:???
Progress: 28%
Talking Yay - another NZer!

Hello

http://www.lowcarbnz.co.nz/ is a NZ website that you may find handy (or perhaps you have found it already). There are recipes and also links to online shops that sell low carb products like bake mixes.

This is my second time trying to lose weight through limiting my carb intake. The first time I tried Aktins and lost some weight, but found it too restrictive for me. Now after doing a lot of research, I am just trying to keep the average carb count for a week under 70g, with most of those coming from veges, fruit that has a low GI count and diary. I have lost 5kgs in the past month so it is working, when it stops I will change it.

I don't know anything about your plan though.

You could always try jelly (ww is sugar free) for a snack at night.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 22:35

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 185/170/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by antojak
It's my forth day on low carb. The first 2 days were hard but yesterday and today I'm not craving carbs anymore! I do however crave a little sweet at night, I'd love a brownie recipe with ingredients that are available in New Zealand. I live in auckland. Maybe a tried and tested cheesecake recipe too. I'm doing the X-Factor Diet by Leslie Kenton..............anyone else doing this program? Would love to hear from others who are. Cheers to all.

Antoinette

sorry don't know much about your diet as I'm on South Beach...but you'll also find some wonderful low carb recipes on this forum....
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

lots of luck with the diet
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-04, 19:50

Plan: X-Factor diet
Stats: 128/117/117 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress:

I'm in Auckland too. My fiance and I have been doing the X-Factor diet for about 2 months. He has been finding it a lot easier than me to follow as I'm the one with the sweet tooth who misses cakes, bickies, desserts etc. He's doing the diet to lose weight, I'm just trying to tone up a bit and lose the wobbly bits in time for the wedding! Oh by the way - a fantastic side effect of this diet is he has COMPLETELY stopped snoring. So much so that I have to check he's still breathing sometimes! I'm stoked as the snoring was really bad...
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 16:03
Registered Member

Plan: Own Lo Carb
Stats: 176/160.6/132 Female 61 inces
BF:
Progress: 35%

Congratulations on your loss so far, is the X-Factor diet Lo carb too?
I think I have stalled as I havent lost anything for two weeks. I also have a sweet tooth but also miss my bread and to be honest the odd slice of toast has been creeping in at breakfast time. I always have some sugar free jelly made up in the fridge, I have it with some cream and its delish
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 21:27

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

stalling is usually 4 weeks with no weight loss or measurement changes at all. seeing you're having the odd slice of toast then that would account for your plateau. if you cut it out then you should notice the loss gets going again. well done!