Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Central Florida Low-Carbers?

I noticed in the Florida post most everyone was from the south and a few from Jacksonville. i was wondering if there are any low carbers in the Central Florida area. I am from Altamonte Springs, a town just north of Orlando. Where are you from?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 20:26

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

Hi Theresa,

I live in Longwood, we're neighbors! There must be other people in our area also, we just have to find them.

What do you do in your spare time? I'm very active in politics but can promise not to get into them if it gets to be too "hot".

Magic
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 19:07

BF:

Magic,

You are right down the street from me! I am not really into politics though I do vote and ofcourse have my opinions.

I mainly try to do things with my son. However, he is in high school now and he no longer wants to do as much with me- I guess I am not cool enough. lately, I have been getting together with some friends from work and going places. I love to dance, gamble, go to art shows, take long drives, explore nature and pretty much do just about anything that does not involve country music.

Several friends from work are on the program as well as my best friend. She started about a month ago. Looks like you are having great success on this WOL! Way to go!

#4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 11:34

BF:

Hi,

Just checking in to see how you're doing. Do you and your friends ever get together for support?

I'm not losing weight, I think the Atkins protein bars are stalling me. I don't want to admit that, but I guess I have to. I was eating one/day and moved to one every other day, but still a stall. So now I'll have to have one/week.

Have you ever eaten them?

Magic
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 18:33

BF:

Some people do seem to stall on the bars. I personally don't think I do. I ellinated them for a few weeks and did not lose anything. I put them back into my diet, about 1 every 2 days and I have lost 2.5 lbs since I did. In general though I am losing slow. I knew it would be that way going in since I have been a yo-yo dieter for about 20 years. I have been on the plan since June of last year and that is the longest I ever stuck to any diet. I think of it as a way of life now so I am in no hurry, I know the weight loss will happen.

I work with most of the people I know on the plan. We do not officially meet but it is often the topic at lunch time or in the halls. One friend who lost 70 lbs on it (he started after me and lost it in 4 months) has not been following the program. He was eating chips and peanut butter crackers at lunch. I had a feeling this would happen with him. The whole time he stayed on induction and kept dreaming of the day he could eat this or eat that. He didn't get it through his head that it is a way of life and that to maintain you have to go through all four phases. Hopefully, he will be able to keep it under control. But what can I say... I have done the same so many times. Just this time with me I believe it has clicked.

Remember that on this diet weight loss goes in spurts. If you ate mainly carbs before this diet the scale may move slower but you will notice the inches. I think this is true since many of us are protien deficient and we tend to build up muscle on this diet. Muscle weighs more than fat but it sure looks a lot better on us!

Hang in there and if you need any support let me know! Also, if you are eating the bars for breakfast, you may want to check out the reader's recipes for MOCK DANISH. It sounds gross but it is AWESOME and it is QUICK.

#6   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 10:57

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

I'm in Chuluota, which is near Oviedo. I think it would be great if we can find some more central FL LCers to help support each other.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 17:14

Plan: No one plan
Stats: 208.5/180.5/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 48%

East Central Florida...

I'm in Melbourne
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 17:52

Plan: Low carb, high protein
Stats: 225/200.8/160 Female 64
BF:48.5
Progress: 37%

I'm in Longwood, right by Altamonte Springs.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 17:08
Registered Member

Stats: 230/171/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

This thread may have already bitten the dust, since the last post was in 2005, but I'm in Central Florida in Deltona, which is halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach. I know two other low carbers in the area, one of whom has a long-running low carb cooking chat on AOL.
Anybody still out there?

Di
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 13:27

I'm still out here in Chuluota (betcha don't know where that is). I was just in Deltona last night, visiting a friend.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 07:19

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just moved to Tampa a few months ago...So I guess I get to join the Central Florida LC'ers now
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 09:55

BF:
Smile I'm still here

I live in Longwood which is a suburb north of Orlando. I've been here a long time, just not very active since I reached my goal.

Magicslr
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 13:40

Plan: South Beach-Phase 2
Stats: 200/175/150 Female 68 in
BF:30/26.6/21
Progress: 50%

Are any of you still out there? the last posting was in '06. I live in Deland, FL. An hour north of Orlando, close to Daytona Beach. I work in Altamonte Springs. I started South Beach last month. I would love to talk to some people in my area!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 12:41

I'm still here but, I'm in Chuluota which is pretty far from Deland. I love your ticker!!

So, how do you like SB? I do Atkins, when I'm actually on plan which I haven't been for a while now. I'm planning on restarting tomorrow because I feel so much better when I'm not eating all these carbs.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 06:27

Plan: South Beach-Phase 2
Stats: 200/175/150 Female 68 in
BF:30/26.6/21
Progress: 50%

Hi! Good to meet you. I have family in Oviedo and have done a fair amount of driving through Chuluota. It's a nice, growing town. I like SB, but I'm still in Phase 1. I have been on it for 2 1/2 wks, b/c I keep messing up. The first week, I drank wine and beer at a work function. So, I started over. THen, the next week, on Saturday, after an otherwise perfect week, I drank wine with my husband when we went to dinner. As far as carbs/sugar go, I am fine. It's just the social situations and alcohol... If I'm at home, I have no problems with not drinking. I guess if I'm with other people, I just want to join the fun. So, I started again. I think that I am doing better now. I wasn't losing weight as quickly as some others, so I was a little discouraged. I am following the posted diet of a SB dieter on this forum who lost over 100lbs. I went to her journal and wrote down what she was eating and I started doing the same thing. I also got the book. Overall, I like the variety. I'm not eating a lot of fat, so I feel healthier if nothing else...