Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Thin-Fat-Thin again!!!
Posted by Rome_tours
Posted Tue, Apr-21-09
Female 67
Plan: atkins
Stats: 183/151.2/135
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Thin-Fat-Thin again!!!

I spent my childhood as somewhat overweight before puberty, and then thinned out. In high school I had practice after school everyday for 3 hours and THEN went to the gym after that...I craved exercise. I was kind of low carb, in that i ate no pasta, and was a health nut...smoked salmon, spinach, soy bread, the works. I was literally lean and soooo cut! I never had to worry about cellulite, my friends would make fun of me because you could scrunch my thigh fat and still there would be no dimples...good genes I thought.

For everyone that says you can't get fat if you have good genes, I am proof that isn't true. I was 5'7, very lean and muscular and a size 2. i moved to italy and of course my lifestyle changed inevitably. I stopped exercising when i moved here. Slowly the pounds crept up and subtly because without noticing my muscle turned to fat, so the lean muscular arms which were my trademark, were a thing of the past. In 2007, I went through a VERY rough patch in my life, and without noticing it, I ballooned up to around 185 of PURE FAT. My clothes did not fit anymore, I got unsightly stretch marks on my thighs that basically ruined my legs that were previously cellulite free. I couldn't fit in to anything at my favorite store, ZARA, and couldn't go to the beach because when i tried on a bathing suit I literally burst into tears. I can't count the number of times that I burst into tears in dressing rooms. Seeing your body become MONSTROUS in so little time is just devastating and traumatizing.

The moment I realized it was time for something drastic was when i signed up for the gym where they require you to do some cardiovascular tests beforehand. The doctor asked me what type of cardio I wanted to do and I said running, since I used to love running, he looked at me with a weird face and said "I don't think that would be appropriate for your weight, you should try water aerobics so you don't hurt your joints" To someone who used to train other people and live in the gym, it was heartBREAKing. I got to the point where I faked feeling sick so I wouldn't have to get dressed and leave the house to go grocery shopping! My clothes were not fitting anymore. I would not leave the house unless I really had to, I even felt uncomfortable going to the farmacy or to pick up take out.

I started considering laser lipo because I could not stand the sight of my body in the mirror or even a glimpse of it when I would change. I needed to do something drastic to regain control of my body, that was when i started googling atkins and found this forum. The pictures, stories gave me the push I needed.

The results were astonishing, the first 2 weeks i lost 14 lbs!! I started in july 2008 and have lost over 45 lbs since I started all without exercising, without lipo. I am still not where I want to be yet and I want to start working out hard again, but I feel like myself again, I like myself.

Those unsightly stretch marks are a daily reminder for me of how far I've come. Maybe one day in the future I will have them removed, but for now they are my "battle wounds" I hope to get my body back to what it used to be without flabby skin, but I look pretty good now too and I am happy I can actually say that now and actually really BELIEVE it.

I hope to convince just one person that they can do it too, thank you guys for reading my story and happy low-carbing!!

p.s. I live in ITALY and I can do it...haven't touched pasta in almost a year-and haven't even WANTED to!!

Ciao
Veronica
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After
Not uploaded yet

by Angelica16 on Thu, Apr-23-09, 02:38

Wow your story is sooo inspirational!!! And your before and after pictures are amazing. Awesome job!

19 comments [read all comments]

Article tools