Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Ever had these thoughts
Posted by mariea1967
Posted Fri, Aug-18-06
Female 5'6
Plan: adkins
Stats: 235/132/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Ever had these thoughts

and lets begin,
does these things sound familar to anyone?
You begin the diet, You come up with all kinds of ways to fight the hunger, the want the needs the supply!!! its as if you need it for your fix..
You think of ways to keep yourself intouch, such as I will begin this diet and I will give myself the weekends to eat what I want...
you begin the diet and I say to myself, O ''' I blew it for the day so I just will eat anything I want and make sure I dont do that again tomarrow,
or even a better one, I blew it so might as well eat all the things today I want and I will begin on Monday....lol....the list goes on and on,
if any of these are you!! Your not alone, I fought ever battle there was to be fault with myself...
I tried ever method, gave myself so many reasons!!! pro's and con's I never found any pro's just those I convinced myself had merit...lol....
Each time I considered myself a failure...and I was, because I let the diet over power me, instead of me taking power of my diet, this all may sound familar, or to some sound insane, because many times its like beating yourself over the head....first of all..lets talk about failures, failures are when you decide to give in to not trying, not doing, and give up...
Thou its not just a myth that sometimes when you try so hard dieting you gain more weight, for me that was true, because there were days, I rushed into eating to fulfill the need of failure from the dieting all week....I have battled it for sometime, I go daily doing it....
REALIZE: key factors to keep you steady....goals are so important on this diet...I found mine wanting into a size 12 levi, (and we women NO, you have to be a true size for levis...lol...its all coming to you, feel good about your diet, feel good about yourself, You deserve many things, and only you know where to find it.....I went from a size 22 to a size 12 in 5 months, then continued until I was in a size 4....I bounced somewhat, and its difficult, but hey do the math....lol......I would love to see all you guys lose all the pounds desired, I know you can, I know you will...good luck.....
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After

by craney on Mon, Jan-15-07, 18:21

Would love to see a before pic. You look great.

3 comments [read all comments]

Article tools