Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Thumbs up At Last!!!!

I finally broke another very long stall! I had actuall been retaining water and was up from 209 to 211 for a couple of days -- then this morning -- 205! Now my goal is to break 200 before Christmas. But if I don't, well, there's always next month.

This support group is what kept me going to reach this point. Without all of your advice and support, I believe that I would have given up. It's because of this forum that I understand that I am doing this for life, for my health, and it is a life-long committment and I should not give up just because I don't drop a dress size in a week.

Thank all of you for the wonderful encouragement.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:50
Registered Member

Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

Peg, that is so so great! I am super happy for you! I personally am still working on my 3 pound gain from thanksgiving carb nightmare and TOM...but, 2 pounds down, and your post gave me some inspiration!!
Keep it up...
Susan
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 13:37

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Peg. So what did you do to break your stall?

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 15:57

BF:

I don't honestly know why the stall broke. The only thing I did differently was something really bad -- I missed a few exercise sessions! I'm sure that's not the reason I broke the stall (in fact, maybe I would have even lost more if I had been keeping up with the exercises).

That seems to be the way I've been losing weight all along -- I stay the same for a long period of time, then suddenly a few pounds go. Guess why it happens will remain a mystery for now, but one that I hope will repeat itself!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 13:35

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Talking Congrats, Peg!

Believe me, I know how upsetting those stalls are! Just check my journal entries when I began them, early November. You'll see.

Where are you in WI? There are at least three others here, including myself--two of us are in the SE section of the state, I'm not sure about the third. It'd be fun to get together for coffee or tea or diet sodas--or even WATER!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 14:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Way to go! It always feels good to finally see those numbers go down.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 14:47

Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Progress: 52%
Cool

Peg -- Isn't it a great feeling? I get to join you today. I finally got on the scales and saw another pound melt away after two long weeks.

Coquina
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 07:12

BF:

I'm further north -- in Eau Claire. We might get down towards Madison in the summer -- we would like to take our 8 year old to see the Capitol and maybe a museum or something. Any suggestions as to what else might be interesting for an eight year old in the sourthern part of the state?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 223/193/153
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi - Pegm & KarenB;
I'm from Wisconsin too - Muskego - suburb of Milwaukee. Pegm, if you haven't been to the Museum in Milwaukee or the Zoo those are where I'd start for an 8 year old. The Milwaukee County Domes are interesting too and all not expensive.