Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I really understand these frustrations. My partner and I started the diet the same day and she has consistently lost more than I have and she can occasionally cheat and get away with it. But, she is 13 years younger than I and that DEFINTELY makes a difference. I have found that aspartane in diet drinks really effects my weight loss. I drink diet rite (which has no aspartane) but I don't like it near as well as the other drinks. I also really believe that the Atkin's "Dieter's Advantage" supplement makes a difference in my weight loss. Sometimes I feel discouraged because I never experienced the dramatic weight loss that some people do during induction - my loss has just been slow and steady. But I have decided to live with it and not think of this as a diet.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 09:56

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by ruby2z
I can stand to have plain ol' stalls, but weight GAIN is something different.

Hi there Ruby.......

I'd just like to let you know that if you are following your LC plan to the letter, the "gain" you experience is not a true gain. By this I mean that it's very unlikely that you are actually gaining fat. Simple math can prove it, since in order to gain a pound of fat, you would need to be eating an excess of 3500 calories. As I said....if you are following your plan, this is not possible.

I've been there myself, when I began LCing over a year ago. Lost well to start and then bounced up 6 pounds and was stuck there for weeks. At that point, I thought that LC was just another diet that wasn't going to work for me. Thankfully there were a few forum members that kept encouraging me and I stuck it out until my body adjusted and I began losing again.

Don't give up. Number One requirement for following LC as a WOE: PERSISTANCE!!

Marlaine