Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-17, 12:34

Plan: Paleo/Banting
Stats: 264/247/145 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Another new year... time for the real me!

Hi everyone!

I am Catherine and I live in the UK. I've battled being over weight for ages and progressively have got bigger and bigger as the years go by.

Thought I would stop by and say hi because I plan to be lurking here for a while, trying to get myself motivated and staying the course!

Good luck to all those who plan to make this year a fit and fabulous one!

CathP x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-17, 15:50

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cath, welcome to the forum.

I see you're a Banter as well. The online RMR course is where it all started for me and really changed everything about what I thought I knew about food. It was a tough sell at first, but I couldn't argue with the results which I started seeing straight away. I hope it works just as well for you too.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-17, 05:53

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hello, Cath. Welcome! People who have had a lifelong battle with weight often feel hopeless. Welcome to hope!

A quick way to have a look at the LC way of life can be found at dietdoctor.com. You'll see dietary guidance and research videos that will help you figure out what to do and how it works.

Be sure to check out all the links and threads here as well. Many experienced and successful people are here to encourage you.

Best wishes.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-17, 08:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grav
Hi Cath, welcome to the forum.

I see you're a Banter as well. The online RMR course is where it all started for me and really changed everything about what I thought I knew about food. It was a tough sell at first, but I couldn't argue with the results which I started seeing straight away. I hope it works just as well for you too.

Good luck!

Thanks Grav! Yeah I was introduced the RMR a year or more ago and read it and thought it was brilliant. Then I tried it out and did great for the first few weeks and fell off the wagon, again... due to trying things in moderation. I have recently had my 'aha' moment.. I can't do moderation. I don't know why I didn't realise it sooner. The whole reason all these attempts at weight loss failed was the addiction to carbs. Seems quite simple now I know... time will tell I suppose!

Best of luck on your journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Hello, Cath. Welcome! People who have had a lifelong battle with weight often feel hopeless. Welcome to hope!

A quick way to have a look at the LC way of life can be found at dietdoctor.com. You'll see dietary guidance and research videos that will help you figure out what to do and how it works.

Be sure to check out all the links and threads here as well. Many experienced and successful people are here to encourage you.

Best wishes.

Thanks so much! I will take a look around. I feel like I have a wealth of information at my fingertips right now and not enough hours in the day to look through it all. Which is a problem I'm pleased to have!

The encouragement I have had so far has been incredible!

Love this place!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-17, 13:43

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Catherine
Glad you found us through Ken's story. Ask questions as you read if needed. All the best,
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 10:19

BF:

Thanks Janet, much appreciated xx