Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 09:15

Plan: Keto
Stats: 320/294/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hiya

Just checking things out for the time being. I started eating keto in 2015.. I lost about 45 lbs in 9 months, with no exercise.

Then I was derailed a bit when I decided to go to a fitness retreat to incorporate exercise into my plan. I was exhausted from fighting with the trainers about my decision to not eat carbs. They were very cult-like in that they were sure I needed carbs to keep up, warning me I would "hit the wall". I kept up fine, but left the place after 4 days because they were becoming very intrusive. I was the only person there that had ever heard of keto.

Anyway, one thing lead to another, and I was thrown off of my keto routine. I gained all of my weight back. I'm determined to do things differently this time and not derail from the diet and my goals. 2 months on keto now and down 15 lbs.

It isn't just about weight loss for me, as I have arthritis and other auto-immune issues. When I'm on keto I have much less pain and inflammation, and that's enough proof for me that this lifestyle is better.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 09:24
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

Hi KetoMonstr and welcome
Congratulations on your 15lb loss and good luck on the rest of your journey.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 10:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Welcome back!
Hope that negative experience doesn't put you off exercise, as it helps alleviate arthritis
I'm a personal trainer and an avid mountain trail racer, and I'm keto
Once you are fat adapted you don't need carbs to avoid bonking. In fact, a number of super endurance athletes are keto. One couple rowed across the pacific!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-17, 04:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Welcome back!
Hope that negative experience doesn't put you off exercise, as it helps alleviate arthritis
I'm a personal trainer and an avid mountain trail racer, and I'm keto
Once you are fat adapted you don't need carbs to avoid bonking. In fact, a number of super endurance athletes are keto. One couple rowed across the pacific!

Yes! I've seen a video about that couple! I'm becoming fat adapted more quickly than the last time and I feel great. I'm currently on the hunt for a good local trainer that won't be closed-minded about keto and I'm going to keep myself engaged with other LCHF folks for support this time. I think it's awesome you're a keto trainer!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-17, 05:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbeauty
Hi KetoMonstr and welcome
Congratulations on your 15lb loss and good luck on the rest of your journey.

Thank you!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-17, 08:05
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome KetoMonstr! You found a great place here for information and support from like-minded people. I too have been grilled about my WOE by 'professionals' that are entrenched in the failed dogma of the past. You might consider starting a journal here and perhaps even join a challenge or a weigh-in thread. I've been participating in the TDC Weekly Weigh-in thead for a couple of years now. I think it provides a bit of extra motivation to stay accountable and on-plan. I wish you the best on your restart. And you are right - this is more about getting healthy than it is about getting thin.