Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 05:19
Registered Member

Plan: didn't start yet
Stats: 220/215/160 Male 172cm
BF:25%
Progress: 8%
Default Hi everyone

Hi,

I am a new member here. I am also new to low-carb dieting. I haven't tried it yet. I tried fasting and was able to lose 5 lbs, but it is very hard and tiring. I hope I can get some help here. I am also going to a health gym, But I had a mishap which injured my thigh muscles. I dislike being fat. I need help to reduce my weight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 06:47

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome
It is definitely easier to fast if you are already "fat- adapted", that is you eat very LC, maybe 20g a days, and your body is already burning your own body fat for fuel. Fasting as a sugar burner requires going through the misery to make the switch of energy source. Try fasting later when part of a LC lifestyle.
Suggest you start with an Atkins type induction plan http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482 and get solidly into fat-burning first. Another very LC plan would be the Keto Challenge https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
If you only wish to read blogs and not a book, this is a good one in addition to this forum. LC video courses are posted on that site as well.
All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jan-03-17 at 03:44.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 11:44
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

Hi and Welcome
I agree with Jey 100%. I would suggest following a LC plan such as Atkins and reading how and why it works.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 12:11

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I agree with both ladies.
A book or plan is a great way to read about how this Low-carb thing works. You don't have to starve or exercise the weight off. In fact, I think it's much better to loose some weight before exercising and injuring yourself. Someone I know told me just recently that he just did that to himself. Take it slow.... but first~

Stock up on the allowed foods.
Fresh meats, bacon, 100% all meat sausage, eggs, cheese, cream, low sugar vegetables. For crunch, try pork rinds.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 22:02
Registered Member

Plan: didn't start yet
Stats: 220/215/160 Male 172cm
BF:25%
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Welcome
It is definitely easier to fast if you are already "fat- adapted", that is you eat very LC, maybe 20g a days, and your body is already burning your own body fat for fuel. Fasting as a sugar burner requires going through the misery to make the switch of energy source. Try fasting later when part of a LC lifestyle.
Suggest you start with an Atkins type induction plan http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482 and get solidly into fat-burning first. Another very LC plan would be the Keto Challenge https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
If you only wish to read blogs and not a book, this is a good one in addition to this forum. LC video courses are posted on that site as well.
All the best,

Thanks. It's great motivation. Let me go through the links and see.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, IF, VLCHFLC
Stats: 375/270/225 Male 6ft 0in
BF:Nope I'm Straight
Progress: 70%

I noticed your info says that you haven't started yet. one of the great things about the LC lifestyle is that there are a lot of different plans and they all work. For me personally the one that works for me best (meaning I lose weight and don't have to "push" myself to stay on plan is a very low carb high fat plan. Along with this plan I use intermittent fasting which has been a huge help for me. IF I might make a suggestion TRy the IF while you are chosing a LC plan. I eat dinner with my family at 6:00. I go to bed about midnight. I wake up about 08:00. I don't eat until at least 10:00 giving me 16 hours of fast. But usually I am not hungry so I wait a bit longer. Like today I went 20 hours with out even trying. When I felt hungry I knew I was and so I ate. I ate until I was no longer hungry and I did not count my calories. Though I did record what I ate for later analysis. As it was I ate 1200 calories at that meal. which will be all I ate for the day. I feel great.

Now in the begininng It was all I could do to make it to 16 hours but after a few days. IT was no big deal.

Best of luck.