Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 04:16

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:
Default help me please

Hi there folks

i used to be 33 stone i am down to 15 st 10 lbs i was down at 14 st 7 lbs but for some reason i have put a little bit on. i have stuck to almost no carbs a day - under 10 G a day and its all from veg and so on. i dont touch sugar or white flower .

i used to eat under 1500 cals and do gym for a hour a day 3 times a week. in essance with the workout i was only eating 700 cals a day . i am now eating about 1800 - 2000 cals a day

i just feel my body is rebelling and wanting to add weight. i mostly eat protein. Chicken - a protein shake first thing in the morning. and to be honest my day is almost all protein apart from the veg. could this be whats adding weight? too much protein ? any thoughts? i wanna get back down to 14 St dead .

i stopped treat/cheat days. should i have one day every so often where i just increase my carbs and calories just to kinda reset my metabolism??#

Could it be that my carbs are just too low - i am under 10 G a day if that . should i add more?

Last edited by the_gould : Sun, Sep-04-11 at 04:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 06:01

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hi, first of all very well done with the weightloss.... you seem to be eating or drinking mostly protein...how about scraping the protein drink in the morning and eating eggs and bacon. Try also to increase your fats... it can't hurt.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 10:01

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaw
Hi, first of all very well done with the weightloss.... you seem to be eating or drinking mostly protein...how about scraping the protein drink in the morning and eating eggs and bacon. Try also to increase your fats... it can't hurt.

just keep the same calories but replace the protein shake? its like 4 G of carbs in it.

if i do that and keep the same calories - 1800 - 2000 i wont put on weight will i? what i mean is if i eat under the deficit i will not put weight on??

forgot to say that i was drinking the sugar free energy drinks left right and centre could this be effecting my weight loss too? maybe because the caffeine and taurine raising my insulin levels ? preventing me from loosing weight?

Last edited by the_gould : Sun, Sep-04-11 at 11:45. Reason: forgot to add
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-12, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 285/265/230 Male 6feet 1inch
BF:
Progress: 36%

I found that energy drinks stalled me big time. Even though they say only 4 grams of carbs they are loaded with Glucose. So that is what I found in my investigation so I cut them out and my weight started to drop. I am now drinking black coffee for that rush of energy.