Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 04:26

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

You have to worry about something now that the high levels have been reduced great TR/HDL ratio to counter your new concern. Read to ask doctor before taking RYR with Niacin...did you get an OK for the dosage of each, and using them together? Only a guess, but it appears too much of two supplements dropped the LDL, and Mayo pegs "too low" as 40. With your good diet and health, maybe you don't need any supplements.
Hope others who know more about Niacin and RYR will comment.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Jan-18-16 at 08:39.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 08:28

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiinei
Bah, I basically got the NMR to prove to my mom that I wasn't killing myself eating lots of fat. Turns out I am.

I doubt it. I take niacin for inflammation issues stemming from an endocrine problem and chronic stress.

As far as I know, niacin does not interact with anything, but I'm not a doctor, either It's worth checking into your thyroid, which interacts with your cortisol levels, and that alone could be blurring your numbers.

I'm a cholesterol cynic -- I don't care what my numbers are. Last checked, my total cholesterol was 265, but all I cared about was the triglycerides, which were in the 70's.

However, I was still dealing with lots of inflammation from a messed up cortisol pattern and other endocrine issues. So go after the thyroid and see if there's anything that needs help there. That should also solve your cortisol issues.

Raised cholesterol is a symptom. Modern medicine does too much screwing around with drugs to make our tests come back "normal" and won't try to fix what is causing the symptoms.

Don't make that same mistake.