Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 128/116/110 Female 160
BF:
Progress:
Default An Induction Shopping List (Enclosed)

Hi all, I started Atkins 3 weeks ago and love it.

I sent this to a girlfriend who's just started Atkins. I hope it can give you a few ideas, it worked for me!!! You may want to add additional food as i'm not really a big eater.

Essentials: Microwave Omelette Maker (£5) and some Sliming Scales (£5), to measure your food. You can get these from Robert Dyas.

Day/ Meal
Monday
Breakfast
2x Egg Omelette
1 x Cube Frozen Chopped Spinach (Follow Omelette maker instructions)

Lunch
1x Slice Roast Beef
1x ¾ Cup Rocket
1x ¾ Cup Iceberg Lettuce
1x ¾ Cup Spinach (Since raw Spinach has been added I don’t think you should not go over a total weight of 8oz)

Dinner
"Herbed Roast Chicken with Lemon & Beans with Butter"*Recipe in Book PG 431 (Remember you are only cooking for one, so use one chicken breast instead of a whole chicken)

Tuesday
Breakfast
2x Egg Omelette

Lunch
1x Slice Roast Beef
1x ¾ Cup Rocket
1x ¾ Cup Iceberg Lettuce
1x ¾ Cup Spinach (Since raw Spinach has been added I don’t think you should not go over a total weight of 8oz)

Dinner
“Turkey Breast with Green Peppercorn Sauce. I didn’t bother getting the soya flour, I just made it without. Use Olive Oil instead of Vegetable oil *Recipe in Book PG434 + Cauliflower Leek Puree” *Recipe in Book PG465(Remember you are only cooking for one)

Wednesday
Breakfast
2x Egg Omelette

Lunch
1x Slice Baked Ham
1x ¾ Cup Rocket
1x ¾ Cup Iceberg Lettuce

Dinner
Salmon, Spinach & Green Beans with butter. (Cook the Salmon however you like) Just remember that the vegetables can’t weigh over 5-7oz)

Thursday
Breakfast
2x Egg Omelette
1 x Cube Frozen Chopped Spinach (Follow Omelette maker instructions)*You could always try adding a little bit of Tabasco or other vegetables.

Lunch
1x Slice Baked Ham
1x ¾ Cup Rocket
1x ¾ Cup Iceberg Lettuce

Dinner
Chicken, Mushrooms & Green Beans (You can cook the chicken the same way you cooked the Turkey and can make the same cream sauce) (Vegetables can’t weigh over 5-7oz)

Friday
Breakfast
2x Egg Omelette
1 x Cube Frozen Chopped Spinach (Follow Omelette maker instructions)*You could always try adding a little bit of Tabasco or other vegetables.

Lunch
1x Cheddar Cheese (Max 2oz) save some of your allowance in case you get hungry later on.
1x ¾ Cup Rocket
1x ¾ Cup Iceberg Lettuce

Dinner
Quick Meal if you plan on going out:Adam’s Best Canned Tuna Recipe By : ASDLC Chopped spinach, steamed (or boiled) until soft. Drain well, add a half stick of butter and stir until melted. I get 3 servings per frozen package. Make your basic tuna salad - add mayonnaise, garlic powder, a little dill pickle relish, or whatever you like. Spread 1/3rd of the spinach on a plate, out a large scoop of the tuna salad on the spinach, cover with one or two slices of provolone cheese (or Swiss – use your favorite) and stick in the microwave until the cheese melts. It's really good and extremely nutritious. And except for cooking the spinach, it's fast.

Saturday
Breakfast 2x Egg Omelette

Lunch
1x Cheddar Cheese (Max 2oz) save some of your allowance in case you get hungry later on.Iceberg Lettuce + any other salad vegetables you have left.

Dinner
Go out for a Curry. You can either have a dried curry chicken eg Shaslick or If you want a creamy one remember that it needs to be made with cream and NOT YOUGUT and it’s not to be prepared/made with any flour or milk. See if they can use ground Almonds as a thickening agent.

Sunday
Breakfast 2x Egg Omelette

Lunch
1x Cheddar Cheese (Max 2oz) save some of your allowance in case you get hungry later on.Iceberg Lettuce + any other salad vegetables you have left.

Dinner
Quick fish chowderCorvidaeI've found a great quick meal... and cheap too.Asda smart price fish in butter sauce-- two fillets for 88p.--------------Fish chowder for one.One fillet in butter sauce (prepared to package directions)A generous handful of frozen prawns1/4 of a fish stock cube2 Tbs. whipping creamA handful of broccoli (chopped and cooked))mixed herbs, garlic, and black pepper-- to taste1/4 cup water (more or less depending on how thick you like it)Cook the fish fillet first, either boil in bag or microwave to package directions. The chopped broccoli can either be added to the water the fish cook in or microwaved in a bowl with a teaspoon of water-- takes about a minute depending on how soft you like it.Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat through-- do not boil.Can be garnished with chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, spring onion, whatever you fancy.-------------------By my calculations it should be just under 7 carbs and it only took about 10 minutes to make. Well nice.

Snack If I’m still hungry I snack on cheese but your only allowed 3-4 oz per day.

All Weekly Ingredients on next page:

Essentials: Microwave Omelette Maker (£5) and some Sliming Scales (£5), to measure your food. You can get these from Robert Dyas.

All Weekly Ingredients:

Salads\Vegetables:
1x Lemon
1x Bag Rocket
1x Head Iceberg Lettuce
1x Bag Spinach Fresh
2x Pkt Fine Green Beans
1x Box Mushrooms
1x Sml Head Cauliflower
1x Sml Head Broccoli
1x Sml Leek

Dairy
2x Sml Container Single or Double Cream
1x Block Cheddar Cheese (Aged Full – Fat, Soft, Semi-Soft)
1x Block Butter

Deli
2x Slices Roast Beef
2x Slices Baked Ham

Meat
2x Chicken Breast
1x Turkey Breast or Strips
1x Salmon Steak

Other
14x Eggs
-Soya Flour – didn’t bother with only available from Heath food shops.
1x Bottle Olive Oil
1x Sml Container Sugar Substitute (Candarel, Hermesetas or Sweetex) as suggested in book
1x Jar Normal Mayonnaise (don’t get Reduced Fat)
1x Can Tuna in Olive Oil

Spices
1x Dried Container Parsley
1x Container Green Peppercorn
1x Pkt Chicken Stock (Check Carbs)
1x Pkt Fish Stock (Check Carbs)
1x Container Nutmeg (optional)
1x Container Garlic Powder
1x Sml bottle Tabasco (optional)
1x Container Bacon Bits (Check Carbs)

Frozen Vegetables/ Seafood:
1x Bag Frozen Chopped Spinach
1x Pkt Frozen Fish in Butter & Parsley Sauce (Check Carbs)
1x Pkt Frozen Prawns

THE END!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 247/228/185 Male 70 inches
BF:36/33.5/
Progress: 31%

What is "rocket" ?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 11:44

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/169/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Rocket is a type of lettuce, I believe. I had a rocket salad in Berkeley, California last summer.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 01:12

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 226/170/105 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Thanks for the menu!!!

Thanks somuch for the menu!!!!!!!!!