Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 12:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/180/160
BF:
Progress: 69%
Cool 20 years on depresants

Hi everyone,yep can you beleive it ,iv been on one form of anti depressent for over 20 years.After a few years of masking my anxiety with beer i was told i had panic dissorder.Now 20 years later im really ready to get off these dang drugs.I just hope they have'nt screwed up my noggin.Also they deter weight loss on atkins.Iv reached a point where its very hard to lose,i have about 20 more pounds to go.Most likely this is do to my yoyo on and off the diet.Anyway i would be gratefull if anyone can help me get my fat burning thing going again,and any ideas or thoughts on getting of the meds (zoloft,klonasapin).Thanks again,Dave,a.k.a. stalled in vegas.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 09:02

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 161/130/132 Female 5'7"
BF:40%/?/We'll see
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelvnv
Hi everyone,yep can you beleive it ,iv been on one form of anti depressent for over 20 years.After a few years of masking my anxiety with beer i was told i had panic dissorder.Now 20 years later im really ready to get off these dang drugs.I just hope they have'nt screwed up my noggin.Also they deter weight loss on atkins.Iv reached a point where its very hard to lose,i have about 20 more pounds to go.Most likely this is do to my yoyo on and off the diet.Anyway i would be gratefull if anyone can help me get my fat burning thing going again,and any ideas or thoughts on getting of the meds (zoloft,klonasapin).Thanks again,Dave,a.k.a. stalled in vegas.

I know where you are coming from... But first, are you on OWL or even Pre-Maintenance? I understand that weight loss may slow down considerably on these phases. You might want to revise the amount of carbs you take or even go back a level or two, as you may have reached your CCLL.

I can't give you much advice on quitting the drugs except that I have generalised anxiety/depression and I would not stop taking my meds unless I was in imminent danger of losing my life because of them ! I have managed to lose steadily - if a bit slowly - on this diet despite my meds and I take a lot of them. If I were you, however, I would consult my Doctor before doing anything as radical as quitting.

Hope that helps...

Agnes
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 12:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/180/160
BF:
Progress: 69%
Cool thnx

Hi Agnes,thanks for the reply.Guess i left out some info.Yes i am on the atkins,i have beeb for a year n a half.During that time i have pretty much been in the induction period.Even now becuase of my to many cheat days and the meds i have to get down to 5-10 carbs per day.I read in the atkins book that if a person does that yoyo thing it will be very hard to lose weight.Lord willin n the creek don'nt rise, ill get to my goal.Dave.