Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 09:26

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Angry Yo-Yo

Well, this WOE worked great for me when I was younger, but now, I am on meds and it seems weight loss is IMPOSSIBLE! I started at 207, went to 204 and woke up at 210 this a.m! That's the heaviest I have ever been! I feel like I am going to be sick!

I have told a friend (male) of mine that I was dieting. He saw me in August at 193. This is just great. I will see him Saturday at 210! Some diet!

Plus, I got my TOM 10 days early even though I am on the pill and my kidneys hurt from all of the water. I generally feel rotten.

I will not give up of course, I just REALLY needed to rant. I feel so sick.

Have a better day than me,
Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 10:09
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Hi there

I'm so sorry to hear how you are doing!
Is your sickness from LCing or a virus? The reason I ask is
that the flu has been going through my household. And I gained 10lbs from it and I was not eating much plus I was still LCing. Well I've been well for three days and in that three days I lost 4lbs! I think the gain was from dehydration but maybe the body stores its calories when we are sick. I'm not sure.
When was your TOM? Some people gain weight around there TOM. I know I do during it. Some people are before some people are after.
Also what do your measurements say?
I know how fustrating weight gain can be, please stick with the LC plan for if you go off the weight quickly comes on the body!
Take Care and Good luck. I hope you feel better.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 10:17

Unhappy Thank you

Thank you very much for the comments. It's not that TOM, but it did come 10 days early due to this WOE (I am on the pill). My sickness is mostly with the evil Tanita scale that never lies.

I am sick that I try so hard with no results.
I am sick that I know this works, but VERY slow for me.
I am sick that my weight forced me to take meds which in turn hinder my weight loss. (An ongoing circle)
I am VERY sick that I have been on 1 diet or another since January and I have gained weight.

(Are you sorry you responded? I hope not. I really needed to rant. THANK YOU!)

Take care!
Julie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 03:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Julie,
I'm sorry that u're feeling rotten
I'm quite positive that u've put on a few lbs of "water weight", not actual weight. With that being said, I know how frustrating it is to get heavier instead of lighter, especially when u've been a good LCer.
Since I started this WOL, my period pain has gotten 10 times worse than b4. My kidneys hurt sometimes too (I'm going to see my doctor on Monday).
Anyways, I hope that all will be well with u soon. Have a good time on Saturday.

regards,
Bebe

PS. Julie, if u ever feel the need to rant or talk to someone, u can come to my journal & we'll chat, OK? Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 07:15

Wink Thank you

Bebe, you could not have timed this post any better if you tried. I put on the jeans I wore in Barcelona in August and I could not button them! What in the world will I wear? Too late now...I leave at 7pm.

I have decided to see the doctor when I get back. He put me on Prozac and a 1200 calorie diet last year and I gained the weight. I will explain to him that the 1200 calorie diet does not work for me and explain the Atkins WOL to him. He is very understanding, I hope he is about this too.

Thank you ever so much for your post.

Have a great weekend,
Julie
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 07:37

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

GatorGal93: just to give you something to think about...being on the pill (and any other meds you are on) may be the cause of all of your problems...I know that getting off the pill and other meds seems like NOT an option when you first think about it (I've been on the pill for 7 years now!), but consider this: birth control can be a cause of yeast overgrowth in your intestines which can make it near impossible to lose weight even while following a low carb diet to the "T"...you can even gain back weight that you initially lost. And it can make you feel just generally yucky. The reason I am sharing this with you is because I was having problems with losing more weight for a month and a half before I decided to actually READ the chapter in DANDR about yeast (I thought that I would never get that problem). The sypmtoms listed in there, as well as MANY I've found online, suggest that I may have candida overgrowth and that would be from the pill and certain things I'm eating. So, although I am used to the pill and don't like the idea of other forms of contraceptives, I am quitting it in 2 more days (I have to finish out the month). Plus, I started eliminating yeasty foods from my already low-carb diet and started taking the beneficial bacteria that Dr. Atkins suggests and I can't tell you how much better I feel overnight! Today, 2 pounds were gone too and I've only started this a few days ago...2 pounds after a month and a half of nothing!!! So, I just thought I'd give you something to consider. I really realize now that WHAT you eat and what you are also putting in your body (meds) can affect how you feel and how you lose weight because I never thought I'd feel this good....it's almost like losing the weight isn't as important to me if I know I can feel THIS good everyday...and the weight loss becomes a good side effect!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 08:02

Post Info

Thank you for the info. I think I will try and eliminate 2 other meds (Prozac then BP meds) first (only because I lost weight on the Atkins WOE years ago after being on the pill for about 8 years), but I will definately consider what you have said.

You sound very knowledgable, so I would be stupid not to pay attention.

Today, I have decreased my Prozac. Don't panic anyone. It's o.k. Doc put me on 1 pill a day last fall and I asked to up it to 2 for the holidays. He said that would be fine. So, I am just going back to the Doc's original prescription.

Thank you again!

Have a great weekend!

Julie