Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 08:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%
Talking Woohoo! Husband has decided to join me....

The first time I did Atkins, it was as a diet, lasted about two months and my husband did it with me. Well we both fell off, put most of the weight back on. Since then, I have been determined to get it off and have finally made this my WOL. I could never get my husband back on it though, which needless to say did not always make things easy for me. I finally quit begging him and wahlah, he joined me again on Monday. This is a man who probably needs to lose 20-25 pounds but more importantly has off the chart triglyceride numbers (like over 1000 without medication). Even with medication they rarely dip below 500. Definitely a problem with insulin resistance. But, when we were on the "diet" the first time, his numbers all dropped. So, anyway, I am proud to say that my dearly beloved has apparently seen the light and is once again joining the LC ranks. He's lost 4 pounds since Monday. Now, we'll just have to watch his numbers.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 08:40

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

WOOP!

WTG! Since starting this WOL back in April of this year, my hubby has lost 25 pounds without being actually on the diet. I simply stopped fixing rice, potatoes and pasta. I told him if he wished to have those side dishes with his meal, he could get in the kitchen and start them when I started dinner. (Guess they didn't mean that much to him because he chose to eat what I was)

Now he is 25 pounds lighter and feeling better.....if I can only break him of his Dr Pepper addiction I have it made
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 15:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Thats great Dee that your hubby is doing the same WOE as U.. and it sounds like his health needs it. And CAT thats a good idea...I should stop cooking the starch for my family however I feel there would be a revolt.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 16:54

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

It's great to have a chum to WOE with It's even better when it's a life partner - best of low carbing to both of you!

(Gale - a "revolt"??? - how many of them are there ?)
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 10:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default LOL Victoria

There are just 3 hubby and my 2 kids. BUT U should see their faces at some of the things I eat and how much I eat. Last night Im not sure if it was the 4 pieces of chicken or the brussel sprouts I had that made their precious little faces screw up..lol
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 11:02
Registered Member

Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%

Thanks guys. I'm very proud of him. Now, if I could just get the guts to turn my three little girls around. Not completely maybe but right now they are living on Doritos, mac-n-cheese, and McDonald's. YUCK! I feel like I am setting them up for a lifetime of eating problems. But - small steps. Getting my husband over to the good side was crucial first.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 15:18
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 150/121/120
BF:
Progress: 97%
Thumbs up Re: Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeSinn
I finally quit begging him and wahlah, he joined me again on Monday.
DeeSinn, congratulations and welcome to your hubby Wahlah!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 00:37

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

My daughter joined me first (although college has got her back to the old way now ) Then my hubby joined us. Gosh it sure made cooking a lot easier. He hasn't lost in weight so much, but for sure in inches.

When my son comes home to visit, he says, Hey Mom, wheres the rice and fish sticks....LOL...I say, well kid, we eat this way, so your going to have to take it or leave it. The boy takes it and seems to do fine for the short time he is with us.

When the family joins in this woe, it does make things easier and more exciting. Your not only looking at your weight loss etc. Your also noticing theirs!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 19:42

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up Congrats!

Good for you on getting hubby to join too! That was always my downfall in past diets, seeing the hubby eating all of the forbidden foods! It sure is easier when you do it together! Hope yours isn't like mine though. We started the LC wol and he hit his target weight in about 3 weeks! Sigh, life is so unfair. Keep it up and hugs to all!
Tama