Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 22:46

Plan: LC/HF
Stats: 370/355/200 Female 5'10''
BF:100% LOL!!
Progress: 9%
Smile Hello!

Hi,
It's me again, creeping along just like I did back in 2005, I just saw that old post,..still not winning the battle. Or the wars either,....I reached the point again where I just have to try once more to follow the LC/HF plan,.....

I hope I can find some inspiration here,....I've had some bad luck in the last 2 years...hope my luck has finally turned.

I am going to try what Ken does,....never stop doing LC/HF,....make it the my WOL as some people call it. I'm just finishing my second week. And I've lost a lot of water and maybe some fat,....I was up to 370 lbs! That really scared me,....that is my highest weight ever. So in the 2 weeks, I'm down 15 lbs on the scale, but as I said I'm sure it's mostly water.

If there is any one out there who needs a Buddy, I'm sure needing one!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 03:29

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Sassifras
You will most definitely find inspiration here. Pick any story in the Success and Milestone sub-forum. You have already found Ken's journal and yearly reports, a great place to start, he has written so much good advice. I butted in on his journal a few minutes ago to link you to info on skin issues, and another new success story. You are already a DietDoctor member; I am also inspired by watching a presentation or movie from the great LC experts on that website. I've been a patient of Dr Westman since 2011, so most recommend All his courses on LC and Advanced LC tips, even his talks on diabetes also apply to obesity. By checking this forum every day and backing up Advice here with the experts there, has kept me on track for years. There are many Buddy groups to choose from, and the Triple Digit Club...look around the forum to find the ones that will most support you.

Even if your weight loss were all water (there likely was some fat loss too) that may help bring down blood pressure... a good thing. If you are on any meds for BP, or Blood sugar, be sure to monitor.
All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Apr-28-17 at 08:00.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 05:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hello & Welcome Back, Sassifrass!

HUGE CONGRATS on your 15 lbs ↓ down! WTG!

Don't be so hard on yourself, if this were easy, we'd all be at goal our first attempt at doing LCing; skipping merrily along into the sunset! Nice dream huh? (I've been yo-yo dieting all my adult life...)

As long as you never give UP, you'll be successful!

Wishing you all the best on your journey to better HEALTH!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 08:31

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi sassi, I saw that number 370 as your highest weight. I got up to that weight too and I can understand the physical hindrance it is, maybe even more so for you if you are smaller framed than myself. I have every confidence if you follow one of the low carb protocols very closely you will find some relief as your onboard fat slowly gets used up and energy returns. The process for me was like a snowball rolling down hill. Takes a while to gain momentum and size but when it does it will roll on it's one. Not hard for me, easy. Just let it happen.

You will do well.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-05-17, 09:23

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 236/220/185 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Ken is a great inspiration! He has lots of great tips!

The one that really resonated with me is Never Cheat. One little "it won't hurt" often turns into a huge landslide. I'd pre-determined one small piece of cake on my birthday, and stuck to it.

But you know what? I was really ill the next day after. Not worth it.

This journey is on-going. But sooo worth it. Congratulations on the weight loss! It is just the first step of the rest of your success!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 16:41

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 279.5/178/199 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 126%

Welcome,

So happy you are here. I know I am not saying anything profound but what we put in our mouths is one thing we can control so, I am glad you are back and taking control of that.

Best of luck to you.

Kathy