Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: Keto Diet LCHF
Stats: 378/296/210 Male 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default My TDC journey/journal

I'm new and already done the site introduced so here is more background and where I'm heading. A really didn't keep a journal from the start. In fact it wasn't possible for me. I weighed more than the scale that I had at home would register.
The only reference start point weight that I have came from a scale in the mall in front of GNC. It said I weighed 378lbs. It could have been more because I feel like I was way larger from that weigh in until I actually changed. The sad part was I tried so hard before to loose weight. I thought I was eating healthy but it only made things worse for me. I thought eating wheat instead of white, eating fruits and vegetables was good. We all know that was the wrong path but it's the way society has conditioned us to believe.
Here are a few pics I've dug up there aren't a lot since I have for so many years now shied away from the camera:
This one is from Nov 2012

May 2013

These are from December2013

And this is the most recent
I was at 305 here

Today I broke my milestone
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 12:50
Registered Member

BF:

So as I stated at first I didn't even worry about a scale. I just started conforming my diet to a low carb lifestyle. The more I read the more I cut back and changed things that I was doing. You could already see the difference before I ever stepped on a scale. By the time I bought a new scale and weighed in I was at 330. I really didn't start documenting my loss until April.
This is my journal
4-3 319.4
4-4 318.4
4-5 317.4
4-7 314.
4-11 313.4
4-12 312.8
4-13 312
4-17 311
4-22 309.8
4-24 308.4
4-25 307.4
4-26 307
4-27 306.6
4-28 305.8
5-1 305
5-2 304.6
5-3 303
5-4 301.8
5-4 300.4
5-6 300.4
5-7 301.8 (consumed way to much salt combined with alcohol the night before)
5-8. 299.8
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 13:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Great progress, dude! I know all about being too heavy for the scale and avoiding the camera. I only log my actual weight periodically - from the scale at the doctor's office. The scale at home maxes out at 350.

BTW: My daughter wants me to post a before pic and show off my progress, but I don't have a photo of myself any time near when I was my heaviest. I'm kind of glad too -- I'm happy not to see it.

I may not see my weight on a daily basis, but I hope I'm doing as well as you are. Keep it up!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 14:27
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks man! There really are so many things people that haven't been in our place have never considered. I understand worrying about the weight capacity of a chair, struggling to put on shoes, not being able to bathe as easy in the show and just saying forget it when it comes to the bottom of your feet because you're afraid that you may fall if you attempt to strain and pick a foot up not to mention the sound of the shower creaking as you shift your weight. Having to have a table instead of a booth when you go out, realizing that you can no longer fit on any of the rides at the fair. Constant pain in the knees and ankles...the list just goes on and on.

I started gaining weight in 2003 which was after I opened a store inside of a mall and my choices for food were Chinese, Pizza, and Chick-fil-A and I just kept gaining. I'm no longer in that environment so the lifestyle change has been easier it may have before.
This is a picture of me from May 2002. I want to look like this again.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 19:08
Say NO to Diabetes!

I hear you. I've finally lost enough weight that I don't turn blue anymore tying my shoes. I used to wear only certain socks, because they were easier to put on. Taking care of business in the bathroom is no longer a struggle and I can cut my own toenails again. By summer, I might be able to take my wedding ring off my finger. That has not happened in over 5 years. There is big and too big. I've been over the line of too big for way too long. My girls are all teens and have never seen me at a normal size. That day is coming. I really believe I've got my head in the right place to get it done.

Love your family pics by-the-way. My girls are all grown up now.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-09-14, 09:41
Registered Member

BF:

I can totally relate. My ring finally fitting and now loose was the first sign that I noticed that what I was doing was working.

Well here's this mornings entry

Yesterday I actually reintroduced a small amount of tomato in my food. I had previously cut out tomatoes and onions because I thought they were a bit sneaky on giving me more carbs and sugars than I needed.
Had baked chicken and Brussel sprouts last night. My wife cooked it skin on. Her doctor told her to remove the skin and I have read that in a lot of places. I pulled it off and ate the chicken but couldn't resist a few bites of the crispy part of the skin where she had switched from bake to broil at the end. Can anyone give me more insight on chicken skin and why it may be different from other fat? I really like a crispy skin. Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-09-14, 10:07
Say NO to Diabetes!

If seasoned with just herbs and spices, I eat the skin. If breaded, the skin goes in the trash. I'm no expert, but I'd bet the Doctor's "recommendation" is based on the idea that chicken is a lean, low-fat source of protein - so long as the skin is removed. To me, that is a "Well balanced diet" concept - not a low-carb one. We're having drumsticks tonight -- seasoned and slow cooked in our convection oven. It is fall of the bone good and I'm not letting that tasty skin go to waste.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-10-14, 10:49
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks that's what I was thinking as well, just looking for some confirmation.

Still heading down slowly but surely
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-10-14, 13:59

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Awesome for getting out of the 300's. great feeling. Congrats on your progress.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-11-14, 10:36
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Maori, your loss is also impressive and inspiring.

Still heading down!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-11-14, 10:40
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%
Default Journal

Good for you! That's great!

I see in your title that you are calling this your journal. Did you know that you can have your own journal in the journal section of this site?

This link will tell you all about it:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775

Good Luck!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, May-11-14, 12:59
Registered Member

BF:

Oh! my bad I thought the TDC was to connect with those in my position that were or are close to 400 lbs and have over 100 to loose. I'll just use this thread from now on to share milestone pics...thanks for the heads up
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-11-14, 13:50
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridImag
Oh! my bad I thought the TDC was to connect with those in my position that were or are close to 400 lbs and have over 100 to loose. I'll just use this thread from now on to share milestone pics...thanks for the heads up

The TDC is a place for us to connect with others like us!

Your own journal is another place for connections and to document your journey.
I used my journal to log my food daily for over 800 days. We each use it in different ways.

No 'my bad' here!