Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/163/125 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default I'm a newcomer to LCing

Hello fellow friends, I'm new to this thread. I'm still learning the ropes of this thread. A little about my self.......... My name is Tasha, my niece calls me Tata because you can't say my name. I'm 24 and I have lived in Louisiana for about 6 years now. I have two little boys ages 8 and 4 years old. I have been married for 8 years now. After I had my oldest son I went down hill. The weight started coming and visting me but it would not leave. I was in a size 20 pants. I started losing some and went down into a 16. Four years later I found out that I was pregant and during that time I was under a lot of pressure I had lost 50 pounds while I was pregant. I was happy when I could fit in a size 9 after having my son. Then them pounds found me once again. So its been 4 years later and upset that I have been so big. a month ago I went and seen my grandfather and he looked great, he is on the LC diet. I thought about it and I said there is no way. When I came back and I seen my mother-in-law I said oh I can do it. So Dec. 1st I started LCing. So far I'm doing great but I'm burned out on the eggs, bacon, chesse, and salad. (Chicken and Pork salad) But along as I'm losing I can do it. I have seen it. I do have my cholocate fits, but I bought an Atkins candy bar so it has saved me from cheating. I have been on this diet for 3 weeks now soon to be 4 and I have felt great. The first two weeks I walked 1 mile a day and just this past week I've started walking 1 1/2 miles a day. I want to wish everyone good luck LCing and I'm here as a friend. Hope to talk to each of my friends when we feel like we can't make it.
Your LCing friend,
Tataleigh2

Goal before LCing = 185
First week = 173
Second week = 169
Fourth week = Not till Monday
My goal and may change = 125

Ps. I wasn't sure if I was in the right place when I wrote this. So I just copied it here and its also in my journal somewhere. lol Bear with me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 14:06
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Hey Tasha

Welcome--glad you're here. Check out the recipe section to find some ways to fix things so you aren't getting so bored. There's plenty of variety in what we can eat, so don't feel you have to be stuck in a rut with your menu.

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 14:39
Contributing Member

Plan: ZONE
Stats: 236/224/135 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hello and welcome,

You will find lots of support here! I am hooked on the forums and the conversations that I can have with no one else.
My Chub!!
I have been doing Atkins 3 weeks now. Do not have a scale so my results are from my clothes. I am getting scale
for Christmas from myself!

I love how the diet makes me feel and have discovered lots of recipes in the forum.

Waffles are my favorite find so far.

I fill a blender full of pork rinds
or food processor which ever you have I like the blender because I can measure the exact amount for me. Blend them
to a powder

In a bowl mix four eggs
2 tbl. cream
2 teas. splenda
1/2 cinnamon
1/2 vanilla
2 tbl oil

mix in the pork rinds and let sit a couple of minutes while heating your waffle iron.
My iron makes 4 fat waffles.
The texture is the same, the taste better because we can have them guilt free!!
I put s/f syrup on them

My syrup says 2carbs for 1/4 cup
but I don't use that much syrup

so you can now enjoy a hearty breakfast of bacon, waffles, and eggs!!

I am thrilled with breakfast.

I tried the pancakes that are cooked similar replace the pork rinds with a cup of ricotta cheese.
you could use the same waffel recipe to make pancakes also.

success to you
Kristina (chubybuddy)

Last edited by chubybuddy : Fri, Dec-19-03 at 14:41.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 15:25
Registered Member

Stats: 185/163/125 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 37%

Katwoman and Kristina, Thank you. I will try the waffles. It sounds yummy. Also thank you for your warm welcomes. Again good luck to each of you.