Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 10:14

Plan: new york body plan
Stats: 138/---/130 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Whats it called....I dont have a Valley Vit. store here in NYC...but I am dying to check this out..cause designer whey just isnt doing it for me!

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 10:22
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Guys

Yesterday I did the readiness program - twice in 30 minutes and two hours later I did 45 minutes of cardio on the eppiliptical. I like his tip about bending forward and pushing with your heels - you really DO feel it more in the butt!!!

Today I've done 45 minutes of eppiliptical and am planning on doing a run through of the REAL workout, since I now have my medicine ball. I know that some of those exercises on the exercise ball are going to take a bit of practice LOL - I am NOT the most co-ordinated person in the world.

My medicine ball is 3 kg - 6.6 pounds - I tried them out in the fitness store and found that the 4kg one was just too big for me to manage it in one hand. Darn those balls are expensive!!! it was 50.00 (Canadian )

Don't you just feel so GOOD when you've done something you think you couldn't!!!!!

Tricia that lemon sounds great!!! I prefer tangy flavours over the creamier ones a lot of the time.

Quote:
I thought it would be squat thrusts but its the easiest one for me for some reason. I struggle a bit on the jumping jacks (music helps me do the last few tho). But the one I HATE the most is mtn climbers. They were so fun as a kid too! I dunno what happened but I really don't want any part of them.

LOL - I just found out I've been doing the squat thrusts backwards AGAIN - not only am I un-coordinated but it appears I'm exercise dyslexic too
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 10:23

Plan: Ulitmate NY Body Plan
Stats: 149/118/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Everyone!
I posted here this morning but so far my message is not here. I am testing to see if this works before I write another long message!

-darlene-
  #139   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 11:01

Plan: Ulitmate NY Body Plan
Stats: 149/118/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress:

The test message worked so am trying again! I guess the forum didnt like my first message so it spit it back out.

Hi Everyone!
I started another program (6 Week Body Makeover) May 31, 2004 and lost 32 pounds. I am really happy with those results, started at 149 and am around 117/118 now.

I am happy with my size but am trying to get rid of excess tummy, back and upper thigh fat. I am hoping that restricting carbs will shake things up a bit. My diet since starting the 6WBMO has been so much like the UNYBP other than not being able to have starchy carbs so am not sure if this will be enough of a shake up for me. I started NYBP Monday and have not lost anything yet but it's pretty soon into the program to judge.

I have been working out, mostly with fitness DVDs, for several years so the exercise plan is not too tough, other than some balancing on the ball issues. I actually slipped off the ball last night and floor-burned my left knee.

I am using the DVD when exercising. I guess it's pretty much the same except that the DVD titles are different. I am doing each day's more challenging workout in the mornings and whatever is less challenging for me in the evenings. I am looking forward to my cardio tonight!

Do any of you wear a Heart Rate Monitor that calculates calories burned? Monday, I did the cardio sculpt program (core program on DVD) and burned 300 cals and another 283 cals doing cardio in the evening. Isnt that most of what we eat? Maybe two weeks of that won't effect the metabolism too much though.

I need to read thru all of your posts and find out who's here and what's up! I am sure I am going to have questions once I know a little more about what I'm doing!

Have a good Wednesday! I hope to check back later.

-darlene-
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 15:14
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Finally got the dvd and did the pre-core program last night, I guess i felt to intimidated to do the core program. After I was done I watched the core workout, and I think I could have done (most of) it. I have to admit I have only been doing the Firm in preparation, I have stepped up my workouts to get ready for this and have been eating as per his plan most days. Yesterday was my first official day.

I also just bought online a device that measures body fat by electrical impedence, it has two handles with a screen in the middle. You hold it at arms lenght straight out from your shoulders. According to this I am 35% body fat, which is 60 pounds out of 170. What a depressing thought! I will retest 2/22.

Day 1: 45 min cardio workout am, precore program pm
Day 2: 45 min cardio workout am, will do abs/core after work
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 22:25

Plan: BFL
Stats: 185/182/135 Female 5'7"
BF:32.4
Progress: 6%
Default Syntrax - Nectar

Sorry I thought the Title came thru & it didn't

Its by syntrax, the product line is Nectar. The lemonade is great, crystal sky is the blue one with a punchy flavor. They also have fuzzy navel and some others.

The problem with calling the company for where can I find is they have distributors that then deal with various vitamin companies. So they don't really know where the product is out at. GNC & Hi Health don't carry, but the company might be able to get you in touch with a local distributor, I never thought to ask. Valley Vitamins here will be stocking soon so I am just waiting until then...
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 08:46

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 162/143/135 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Hi - does the lemonade flavored stuff have artificial sweeteners? I've looked a some of those in my health food store, but they all seemed to have a lot of sweetener. Your's sounds really good!
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 11:49

Plan: unybp
Stats: 173/169/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Day 4 and Holding

Hi all. It's been great to read all your feedback while I struggled through the first four days of this plan. That 45 minute core (and when I say 45 minutes, I really mean 1 hour plus!) was brutal on the first day, but much easier on Wendsday. And amazingly enough, today was the first day that I didn't wake up hungry. The butt routine today actually seemed pretty easy. As of day four, I think I can actully do this!

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully gone into maintenence. I can do this for two weeks, but two years seems pretty daunting.
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 12:47

Plan: BFL
Stats: 185/182/135 Female 5'7"
BF:32.4
Progress: 6%
Default artificial sweetner

I just checked, never thought about that, and yeah Nectar contains asparatame. Bummer! Oh well, I will keep an eye out for something else that is yummy and healthy...
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 14:02

Plan: new york body plan
Stats: 138/---/130 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Default help!

Anyone find a protien bar that works with NYBP yet??
  #146   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

No posts since before the weekend!

I have to admit this plan may be to extreme for me, I can only eat on plan 3-4 days, then binge. I am finding it way to restrictive. The exercise is only so/so, but I am getting most of them in.

Clothes are looser, thats a good sign. I still plan to measure & test body fat % on 2/22.

Teri
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 14:18
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
No posts since before the weekend!

I'm HERE - been posting intermittantly in my gym log and forgettting about here.

This is a little EXTREME for me - I'm managing most of the exercises but not doing the ones I consider life threatning - so I work my way through and when there's something I just CAN'T do I sub the regular version of it - some of those fancy pushups for instance and some of the jumping squat/lunge things (push ups to T-stands, plyometric pushups (I have a weak wrist on my left arm) Sumo Lunge with Side Kick and Frog Jump FORGET it ) but I get through most of it.

As far as eating, I'm sticking to phase 1 of Fat Flush because I know from experience that only having green veg carbs will cause me to binge - I'll get so hungry on that low low carb count that I end up out of control. So I feel it's better to do what I can control - my calories are still nice and low - about 1000 - 1500 daily and the main difference is the cranwater and 2 peices of fruit - still no dairy, fat, wheat, sweetners, sugar, alcohol or caffeine.

It gets easier dosen't it!!!! that's what I'm finding hope you guys are too.
  #148   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/155/145 Female 511
BF:
Progress:
Default interview

Hello everyone. Love this forum.
Does anyone know how to get the interview with David Kirsch on mp3?
  #149   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 05:30

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoNat
Hello everyone. Love this forum.
Does anyone know how to get the interview with David Kirsch on mp3?

You can email me at
Shaun (at sign) thefishatlanta.com

I will send it back to you
  #150   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 05:34

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Well its time for another 2 week UNYBP. My birhtday was this past weekend and boy did I eat it. Bad bad bad bad bad (did I say bad) food choices. So today, I am back to week 1, day 1. I should loose about 4 lbs of fat in the next 2 weeks.

hheeeeerrrreeee wweeee ggggooooo!