Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 10:16
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8
Progress: 0%
Smile Go BIG or Go Home!!!

Thought I would start an exercise journal. I've been pretty good about exercising just about every day since restarting Atkins in Nov. (5 to 6 days/wk), but thought a journal would be another way to hold myself accountable as I journey towards a healthier me.

It will also be nice to see my progression as at the moment, while I'm able to work out (doing combinations aerobic & anaerobic activities) about 40-60 mins., I'm still finding it difficult to get beyond 5-8 mins. on my step. I would have thought a month later, I would be able to go longer in my step workouts, but my legs are apparently really weak and in obvious need of much help . I used to run 5km/day and am hoping to one day get back into running. I don't like running outside & prefer a treadmill, so hopefully, when my legs have strengthened a bit, I will be able to afford a gym membership.

Last edited by canucksrus : Wed, Feb-08-06 at 12:59. Reason: Just 'cause
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 15:43
Go Big or Go Home

Well, didn't get double the workout in today like I'd hoped to make up for yesterday. Still wasn't able to get beyond 10 mins. of my step workout before my legs just gave out. I thought maybe not working out yesterday would have helped?? So...ended up resorting to finishing with the WATP video.

I got in just over 60 mins. today.

*10 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (step)
*30 mins. Sexy Arms Workout (weights)
*20 mins. WATP (skipped the 'warm up' portion of the tape since I was already warmed up)
*8 mins. Gay Gaspers Awesome Ab Workout (Ditto on the warm up. Stomach muscles weak today too & that's as far as I could get)

Am going to take off the next 2 days tho. After that the boys are with their dad for a few days & I can exercise my face off when they're not here. Would rather spend my time with them till he picks them up.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 23:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/188/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Great job with your weight loss so far and your exercising! You can do it!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-05, 12:15
Go Big or Go Home

Thanks Liz!

Well, I didn't take off 2 full days as I said I would. I ended up doing the WATP 2 Mile last night. Had to do something. Not out of guilt or need really, just more of a "you're not going to lose weight & tone up sitting on yer duff" feeling . In my mind it's hard to believe just walking is doing anything for me and then I feel like I need to do something else to make my workout worthwhile. I really wanted to give my body a break to see if it was just muscle fatigue that was giving me so much grief, so after doing the video last night I was going to stop. But I couldn't get past feeling like it wasn't enough (barely broke a sweat), so I was going to do another video. Just as I popped it in, a friend stopped by & I didn't get to do it. I guess marching in place for 30 mins. is better than nothing.

Last edited by canucksrus : Mon, Dec-26-05 at 12:23.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-05, 16:13

BF:

Good job, it sounds like you really made an effort and that is important! For me sometimes it is just so hard to get myself motivated enough to exercise...it is always so tough for me getting past the first 10-20 minutes! I find that once I am warmed up it is much easier!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-05, 20:53
Go Big or Go Home

There was a time in my life where I had to exercise every day, sometimes twice a day or I felt like garbage. I'm hoping that I get to that point again one day soon . Right now I have to really push myself to start, but once I'm going, my motivation kicks in.

Today I did about 85 mins:

*20 mins. David Snively's Interval Step Training
*20 mins. The Method - Pilate's All in One Workout
*15 mins. Crunch - Burn & Firm Pilates (uses weights)

My legs were a LOT better today. Got about 13 mins. into my step workout & had to pause for about a min. to let the rubbery feeling pass (paused the DVD as well as myself LOL). Then about the 16 min. mark, I stepped on the floor and not the step as my legs were giving out again. Did that for about a minute & got back on the step.

Only got 15 mins. into the Crunch tape as my legs were toast by then and that video ended up being just a bit too much.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-05, 22:11

BF:

Good job!! You are doing great!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 07:57
Go Big or Go Home

Didn't get any exercise in on Tuesday. However, I was doing my end of year clean which includes vacuuming (sp?) the entire carpet, so I had to move all the furniture. By the time I finished that, I had no energy for a workout video. Surely moving all that stuff around (took 3-4 hours) counts for something . My back was sore yesterday, so I worked something, that's for sure LOL.

Yesterday I only got in 30 mins. Oh...my boys are home from their dads. BBL
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 21:02

Plan: LC
Stats: 176/150/145 Female 5 feet 6
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi Canucks,
just stopping by to say great job!! You've come a long way in only 2 months.

keep up the good work!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 09:23
Go Big or Go Home

Thanks GF - nice of you to stop by .

Hmmm, let's see - where did I leave off. Oh ya, the kids were home. Well, try as I might, I could NOT get any exercise in that day (Thursday, 29th). It was impossible to keep the floor clear of toys as the boys didn't get to play with their new stuff very much as they went to their dad's Christmas afternoon. I gave up trying at 7:30 LOL.

Friday (30th) - I did:

*20 mins. Gay Gaspers Awesome Ab Workout

I did much better with my legs, but really had to push myself right from about 4 mins. into the video & through. I wonder how long it will be before I can go longer before that horrid burning feeling starts? I don't mind that feeling after a good, long workout, but not after a few mins.

Saturday (31st) - I did:

*30 mins. WATP 2 Mile
*20 mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates
*10 mins. Lethal Buns

#11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 11:18

BF:

Wow great job, it sounds like you are doing awesome!!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 09:41
Go Big or Go Home

Cool

OK, going to try to update this fast while the kids are eating breakfast. Otherwise it will get too far behind.

Took Jan. 1 off, not because it was NYD, but because it was Sunday. Going to take Sundays off for now to give my body a break for 1 day...till I'm in better shape. Then I'll push for all 7 days of the week. I've also noticed that my weight rarely changes when I exercise every day, but if I take a day off, the scale moves the next morning...and since I weigh in on Mondays.....

Jan. 2
*30 mins. Crunch's Boot Camp Training
*10 mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates

Holy cow, could I feel my legs after the Boot Camp video. After the step, my legs are burning for a bit, but it goes away...this was a deep, in the muscle ache. Guess I went a little too hard today.

Jan. 3
Muscles were still sore - couldn't even do a knee lift LOL. So, took it easy and did...
*30 mins. WATP 2 Mile
*10 mins. Abs of Steel

Since it was such a beautiful day, the kids & I went out for a walk for about 1 1/2 hrs. Was at a snails pace, but I'm sure it burnt off a calorie or 2 .
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 23:20

BF:

Wow great job!!! It sounds like you a have a lot of good exercise videos..which ones do you like the best?!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 09:20
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 4
*20 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*30 mins. Sexy Arms Workout (Weights)
*15 mins. Lethal Buns
*10 mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates

Total ~ 75 mins.

Kids and I also went for a walk...45 mins to an hour.

Jan. 5
*18 mins. Gay Gasper's Sensational Step
*20 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*20 mins. David Snively's Hi/Lo Workout
*10 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs

Total ~ 68 mins.

Have to get more exercise in. One of my Valentine's Day goals is to be up to 1 1/2 hours of exercise a day by Jan. 14 & 2 hours per day by Feb. 14.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 13:14

BF:

That is my goal too...right now it is a big challenge for me to do an hour a day...I would love to be able to work out for two hours a day!

It sounds like you are doing great so I know you will get to your workout goal!!