Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 11:25

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default NicoleB.

That's fine. I think that it's easier after that TOM , Most people don't recommend starting a diet at that time because of pms.

Good luck
Josie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 23:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

thanks.....uh does anybody here use anti-asthmatic drugs???does it cause a stall in induction???
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Just wondering if "cheating" with a sweet (rice krispy square) will throw off the checmical reaction with Low Carb dieting totally... is this like having an entire day of high carbs?

I am still having a difficult time with droping ANY weight... I have tried to be honest with my carb count, but after doing fitday I discovered that my average is 30g a day rather than the 20g - is this why I am not successful??

I have read a few other threads with people saying that they get up in the middle of the night and eat sweets or cereal - I use to do this almost EVERY single night.... eat a bag of oreos - yes I said BAG or tub of ice cream - with peanut butter! I was thinking I was getting control over this, but last night I woke up from a deep sleep, stumbled into the kitchen and practically inhaled the rice krispy square in one bite! Oh, how I could have eaten them all. Now I am wondering if I did the harm with one sweet as I would have done with them all??

Does it take another 3 to 4 days to get back into Keto? I was in it for a while, but not all the way, the stick was just a sorta bright pink (never purple).

I have been a yo yo dieter all my life... even did the phen phen (lost a LOT of weight then) but I think that messed up my chemical a great deal - sertone levels, etc.

I drink plenty of water, but I don't exercise much - except for the running around town with my two kids
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-02, 13:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Guess what! You're still ok!

My daughter refuses to do this diet with the rest of the family, and we don't want to force her, but she wants snacks every day with her lunch at school. If I don't regulate which snacks, she eats things that are horribly high-carb.

In my search for low-carb "normal" snacks that she might like, I discovered that rice krispie bars are among the lowest carb sweet snacks a kid might like. If I remember correctly, once you remove the fiber, they're well under 20 carbs.

If you eat sensibly the rest of the day, there's probably no harm done at all.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 17:58
Registered Member

Stats: 215/210/155
BF:
Progress: 8%
Red face I had a slip too after 3 1/2 weeks

I feel back in control....but I did go off the deep end.
1. I was tired
2. I felt nausous
3. I was with someone who can stress me out
4. I had wine last night
5. I was exposed to too much Valentine candy!!

I ate 5 chocolate kisses, 8 chocolate hearts, Large M&M McDonalds "McFlurry", 5 potatoe chips, 1 egg plant roletine -sp..., 1/2 cup of chocolate milk and two breaded meatballs. I'm sipping green tea now and it's over.

No need to tell anyone here my stomach hurts & is bloated but the worst of it is I am feeling that anxiety again caused by worry about my choloesterol level and the health of my heart.

Thank God tomorrow's a new day!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 14:09

Stats: 209/196/145
BF:
Progress: 20%

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS MESSAGE. AFTER 20 DAYS OF INDUCTION TODAY I CHEATED. BUT AFTER READING WHAT YOU WROTE, I DON'T FEEL SO GUILTY ANYMORE. I GUESS WE ARE HUMAN AND WE DO MAKE MISTAKES. IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!
THANKS AGAIN
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 18:15
Registered Member

Stats: 215/210/155
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up

Hey Frey: That is great new about the Rice Crispy treats!.....I expected them to be off the charts in carbs......I am glad as it is my daughter's favorite snack for school and I have a huge box in the closet...I can feel less guilty about! (giving her) I also started sneaking in her lunch box some blue/strawberries and a a banana and she been loving them!

Thanks for the tidbit!
Marg
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 14:59

Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Default I fell of the wagon

Well ,after 9 months of being so good with this woe I for what ever reason have been so out of control .I know what I need to do and Im going to do it ,Im just so mad at my self for this but like you say just go foward and dont look back .I just hope I can continue with the wonderfull weight loss I had going before,I hope this doesnt stall me for a long period .Any suggestions would be great .Traci p.s I cheated for the last three days
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 07:24

Stats: 215/205/140
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Re: to Doug H.

Your comments on a one day binge were encouraging. I binged yesterday at the Outback and ate cheese fries. I also had a salad with honey mustard dressing. You can imagine my shock when I showed a 5lb. gain. I just finished induction and had lost 10 lbs. in 13 days. What the heck happened?!~!! I'm not sure, but I know one thing's for sure, I'll be hitting the gym soon and counting those carbs more strictly than ever! -Steph
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 15:35

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i did practically the same thing steph345 did. only cheated on the weekend and still eat carbs like i used to before atkins and had a 4-5 lb gain. which just proves that when you eat those carbs they are immediately stored as fat by your body. that just proves atkins is right.

consider your flub and mine a scientific experiment to prove atkins theory is correct and then do like me and go back to induction and keep on trucking.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 20:52
Registered Member

Stats: 195/176/120 Female 65"
BF:35%/25%/20%
Progress: 19%

O.K. I was doing great today, until I ate a (small) carb o lite bar.
Bummer!

Breakfast 2 eggs
2 tsp cream
1 tsp grated cheese
1 coffee, 1 tsp cream, 1 splenda
4.5 carbs

Lunch 1/4 c. broccoli
6 oz. white meat chicken
1 c. mixed greens
2 c. celery - snack
1 tsp. dressing italian
1/2 diet coke
3.5 carbs

Dinner 6 oz. taco meat
lettece, 2 tsp tomato, 2 tbsp cheese, hot sauce
1/8 c. squash (yellow)
Snack 1 stick beef jerky
4 carbs

Carb O Lite Bar ? Is it 1.3 grams of carbs (small bar) to count?
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 10:22

Stats: 190/173/135
BF:

Hey there arizonafly

I have a lot of male and female friends that are bodybuilders and some that just have great workout routines, and if you are planning on trying something like that you would be able to carb up on weekends and still loose or maitain your weight loss. You have to remember the more muscle you build the faster you burn fat and if you have a very intense program your body requires Carbs as energy to push even harder. If you speak to a body builder most of them will tell you that they do eat a lot of pasta rice and other high carb foods for energy and size, and about six weeks before competition they cut out all carbs to lean out completely.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 08:50

Stats: 249/175/150
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default After You Cheat

Hi, everybody, my name is Grace, and I am an Carb-addict. There, I've said it. Reading some of your replies has made me feel better, knowing that I'm not alone. I feel so weak when I cheat. And it's ALWAYS something emotional that triggers the cravings. Once I've had that first taste of sugar, the emotional reason turns physical. I have to have more. I want to stop, but it's like I can't, I can't stop until my stomach feels full, bloated, and achey. It sounds disgusting and that's just how I feel afterward. Disgusted with myself and regretting every single piece of cookie, cake or icecream that I just finished shoving in my mouth. The next morning, I have no energy, and I can barely look at my self. I gotta stop this behavior, for it will surely be my downfall. Since starting my weight loss last June, I've lost over 70 pounds! I look great, but emotionally, I think I still need an overhaul. Any advice from you wise people out there? I could really use it.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 13:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins of a type...
Stats: 213/209/170 Female 146"
BF:not sure will look
Progress: 9%
Default thanks for the inspiring words

Do not allow yourself to get caught up in that out of control state. This WOL has given me such a power......I feel so in control of my life now that I am in control of the way I eat. [/B][/QUOTE]

I found this very inspiring, and that thought alone, more than the weight loss even, is what is keeping me on track. Realsing the effects of carb overload as a punishment rather than a reward to myself, is really changing my outlook on this. That said, I have to drink wine at the weekend!!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 17:59

Stats: 162/141.2/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:Not A Clue!!
Progress: 44%

Hello everyone!! I just love this site!!!!

Guess I'm not doing as bad as I thought! I had a bad day about a week into the induction phase and got up and ate a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter!

I felt so bad that I drug the old Lifecycle up out of the dark, dank storage room and cleaned it up and starting using it again....vigorously!!!!

I've found some pretty good recipes on this site that keep me from cheating, but I'm missing the texture of crunchy food! I'm a Triscuits and cheese addict and really miss them!!!!