Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 08:28

Plan: mindful eating
Stats: 184.5/178.5/140 Female 66
BF:41/40/25
Progress: 13%
Default Any straying paleos notice this?

Have any of you ever strayed from paleo and noticed that after awhile almost none of the food you are eating is paleo anymore? I became desperate to lose weight a while back and went off paleo and now I realize that I have gotten so far from paleo that meat is the only paleo thing I've been eating and not even that much of it. I need to crawl out of this toxic hole and get back to the cave! any advice or experiences to share?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 09:11

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

So how did your diet change? What was the strongest lure away from Paleo?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 12:57

Plan: Intuitive eating
Stats: 200/125/- Female 1.62m (5'4")
BF:
Progress: 97%

I haven't strayed from paleo so far, but when I was trying to get into it and it seemed impossible, I was constantly asking myself, 'What can I change in my diet to make it more paleo that takes the least effort?' I also thought it was important not to just stop eating a non-paleo food, but substituting a non-paleo food by a paleo food. It took several months for me to switch completely. I don't have much will power or discipline to change drastically.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 05:56

Plan: mindful eating
Stats: 184.5/178.5/140 Female 66
BF:41/40/25
Progress: 13%

I started trying to watch calories and then went to south beach and then into a very bad grain heavy place. South beach pulled me out of paleo because you are supposed to eat a lot of low-fat meat and dairy. YUCK! Needless to say I was not satisfied eating that stuff and then I wanted fat so I started eating grilled cheese sandwiches on gf bread, gf pasta with goat cheese and popcorn drenched in olive oil, chocolate peanut butter cups, ice cream roll cake, and now I'm eating Puffins corn cereal for breakfast! What the heck is going on here!? How did I get to this awful place? Just a few months ago I was eating bone marrow and talking about the evils of dairy! I decided to finish up what I already have in the house and then only buy paleo foods from now on. The worst part is that my normally hardcore paleo dh is caving and finishing my popcorn and pasta and stuff that I can't finish. I don't want to be the one to sabotage him.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 08:15
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

No, when I stray from paleo it tends to be into legumes and perhaps dairy. Then I start feeling bad and go back.